Status
Not open for further replies.

harpo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Yuba City, California
Okay...thankfully I picked up two, though it wasn't for this reason...I was thinking of using them on a couple of PVs...thanks harpo!

Drum I have an older version of the Darwin and it didn't come with a 510 to 510 adapter already on it, yours should so you'll only need one additional one. You'll still have the extra one for what you originally wanted it for.

MXBNW

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2010
NW Washingtion
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Have you ever tried the shields on the 306 LR attys?

Yep but you need the EX long DT's but they work

I watched the vid no the bulli and need one now for sure, It looks like on the A2-T you should be able to take off the T part and just use it as a drippier or I will buy the A2 and the upgrade to the tank set up.

cypresss

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2010
The Shaolin NYC
www.youtube.com
You guys are killing me!

Gonna save $300 by sending the EQ back, but I'm going to spend at least twice that on all of the cool devices being discussed here.

I'm a late-comer to Provari Party, but submitted my order yesterday. I hear nothing but good stuff about it. The only know is the limited voltage range with DCC's, but that's not a deal-breaker.

Friend of Atlas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
CT
Yep but you need the EX long DT's but they work

I watched the vid no the bulli and need one now for sure, It looks like on the A2-T you should be able to take off the T part and just use it as a drippier or I will buy the A2 and the upgrade to the Tank set up.

need or want, MX, need or want.... :p

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
The Empire shield have made 901's worth using again for sure, I had a ton of some really good LR-901's and have been using them again ever since the Empire shied came out.

On the flip side I also have been using the XC-116 & XC4 wick material now for a long time and I have been changing out all the wick in just about everything and using this stuff it is fabulous in my opinion, you only need a few strands of it in most stuff.

G-Tanks be a shipping soon and these will definitely be my set up on my Provari until the new EQ's come out

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Also,

on the XC-116 & XC4 wick, if you have any of the old Ego Mega Cylinder Attys, the ones that are like a huge 510, bend you bridge to one side, and take about 1/2" of the Omega wick material then cut it in half long wise so you have about a 1/2" long worth of pieces wet it with your liquid and push it down into the coil section good and bend your bridge back over them. Now try these Attys they take off like a missal now ! I'm using them on my Reo Grand, I cut the flange off with my dremel so there is about 1/4" then grind down so there is about 1/8" left so the Atty holds together then screw onto my Grand, so no adapters are needed now and it feeds great, vapes great ! And like I said using the stuff in just about everything I can now since our Atty don't reach the 2600F or 2200F with shrt heat burst the stuff just does not burn. I also dont know why all the Atty manufacturers are not using this stuff there would not be anymore burnt tasting Atty's with this in them !

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
You guys are killing me!

Gonna save $300 by sending the EQ back, but I'm going to spend at least twice that on all of the cool devices being discussed here.

I'm a late-comer to Provari Party, but submitted my order yesterday. I hear nothing but good stuff about it. The only know is the limited voltage range with DCC's, but that's not a deal-breaker.

I am actually a little surprised Cypresss. I figured you probably were on the ProVari train back in November/December when we were all going crazy for them! I love my Darwins but I have owned 2 Varis and will tell anyone that I feel the ProVari is still the best built mod from start to finish on the market right now. It's just a very polished, well-built and super reliable product. Ok, so it's a tad heavy for a tube mod and I wish it had a slightly higher ceiling than 2.5 amps, but that's being picky. Only if it had the Darwin's PCB and USB capabilities!

harpo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Yuba City, California
I am actually a little surprised Cypresss. I figured you probably were on the ProVari train back in November/December when we were all going crazy for them! I love my Darwins but I have owned 2 Varis and will tell anyone that I feel the ProVari is still the best built mod from start to finish on the market right now. It's just a very polished, well-built and super reliable product. Ok, so it's a tad heavy for a tube mod and I wish it had a slightly higher ceiling than 2.5 amps, but that's being picky. Only if it had the Darwin's PCB and USB capabilities!

So true. The provari is just a work horse. I like my Darwin because when I really want that extra harsh throat hit I can crank it up and be in TH heaven.

Drumonron

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2009
Drum I have an older version of the Darwin and it didn't come with a 510 to 510 adapter already on it, yours should so you'll only need one additional one. You'll still have the extra one for what you originally wanted it for.

cool, the darwin is in....first impressions, solid and I like the fact that I can charge it from the wall or, if I supply it, a usb...I like the belt case it comes with just wish the display wasn't so small....where are my glasses, now?

I have it on the charger and took a toot or too to verify it works. Interesting to me that the backlight flashes quickly on regular intervals. what killed me was that whoever packed it simply through it in a 5.00 flat rate usps box with no packing material...no harm done, that I know of yet.

I'll report back but I don't want to use it until I get a drip shield or a tank or something to prevent the overflow...don't want to get juice everywhere...makes me realize how much I've been spoiled by my REO.

Last edited:

harpo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Yuba City, California
cool, the darwin is in....first impressions, solid and I like the fact that I can charge it from the wall or, if I supply it, a usb...I like the belt case it comes with just wish the display wasn't so small....where are my glasses, now?

You can see the wattage reading but if you're like me you'll need your glasses for everything else on the display.

cypresss

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2010
The Shaolin NYC
www.youtube.com
I think I was in the wood mod mood back in November and December. :2cool:

I've bought and sold 2 Darwins, 1 from the very first run. I just can't get past the unusability of it in my daily life. It's basically like a passthrough for me, unless I happen to be using a 510 or 901. With anything else on it, you can't close the dang thing. I am on the road and travel basically all of the time. I do have a lot of devices, but if I can't take it from home to car to work and back easily and comfortably, I end up selling or trading it.

Having said that, what brought me back to it a 2nd time was the vape. It just seemed to deliver a solid, pure, powerful vape regardless of what wattage I had it set to. If their technology could be packaged into a little different vessel, I'd be all over it.

harpo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Yuba City, California
I think I was in the wood mod mood back in November and December. :2cool:

I've bought and sold 2 Darwins, 1 from the very first run. I just can't get past the unusability of it in my daily life. It's basically like a passthrough for me, unless I happen to be using a 510 or 901. With anything else on it, you can't close the dang thing. I am on the road and travel basically all of the time. I do have a lot of devices, but if I can't take it from home to car to work and back easily and comfortably, I end up selling or trading it.

Having said that, what brought me back to it a 2nd time was the vape. It just seemed to deliver a solid, pure, powerful vape regardless of what wattage I had it set to. If their technology could be packaged into a little different vessel, I'd be all over it.

I agree with everything you mentioned. I still use cartos for a couple of juices I like and the darwin is perfect for this. Plus I use it to drip while at home.

cypresss

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2010
The Shaolin NYC
www.youtube.com
I agree with everything you mentioned. I still use cartos for a couple of juices I like and the darwin is perfect for this. Plus I use it to drip while at home.

I got rid of the 2nd Darwin before the dual coils came out. They are some of my favorite things to use and seem like they'd fit (and close) just fine. Maybe it's time for a 3rd????

Nah, not yet :p

VictoryNotVengence

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2009
USA
you know what would make a good bottom feeder? A Phantasm Murder Ball of course!

E-Ball_shop-e-clope.com_3_Finitions.jpg

Please tell me how this flipping thing works:blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread