Jan 19, 2015
So Cal

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
Sorry, but just because it is in a wiki doesn't make it true!

I guess you are not familiar with Wikipedia. It is a highly reliable online encyclopedia with submissions that go through a process of peer review and then assessed by experts in the field. Submissions require references and must be nominated by subject-matter experts for publication. Inaccurate information is quickly suppressed. Although there may be an error somewhere, it is no more common that you would find an error in a publication like the Encyclopedia Britannica.

Fir3b1rd

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
In my case it was a mix of being poor, as in unemployed, disabled,having to go back to school and I had know clue what I liked. I saved for and stockpiles liquid for a few months to get the money together for a good high end mod, then to spend the same amount on an RBA that was an experiment was unthinkable.
Also after that mod, I came to realize I sill did not know what 'style' of vaping suited me. I knew smoking was out of the question, but did I want to drip or use a tank, high power or low power, was the mod enough? I did not know any of it. So. I bought 2 clone attys a month until I figured it out. Its also an issue of availability and overhead cost. I love my erlkonigin, authentic. When they were first released they were only available in Europe and on top of 180.00 it was 40$ shipping, them the poem draw center post, stainless drip tip..... all in it was going to be 260$. When the kf4 first released I was a like standing in line at Disney, same for my aqua v2, Busardo had issues finding an authentic orchid. We can't simple say its because people are cheap, or poor. And the erlkonigin and kf4 havbebecime more available, but if there is a demand and no supply, someone is going to create the supply.
Now we are a week away from a full year of vaping, working again, and I know what I like. Also the prices of good drippers has dropped and the availability is in place, no more clones. Some RTAs are getting there also... but if someone does not know what they like. 25-30$ for a GOOD clone that's a click away or 160$ for an authentic RTA that's hard to find in stock anywhere. I mean we can't exactly say that Its solely because people are cheap,

Darryl Licht

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2015
So Cal
I guess you are not familiar with Wikipedia. It is a highly reliable online encyclopedia with submissions that go through a process of peer review and then assessed by experts in the field. Submissions require references and must be nominated by subject-matter experts for publication. Inaccurate information is quickly suppressed. Although there may be an error somewhere, it is no more common that you would find an error in a publication like the Encyclopedia Britannica.

Not all wiki editors are truly "subject matter experts". I am familiar with their vetting process and know someone who is a SME on technology and he's a twit, but he's been doing it for years!

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Or an uneducated patriot racist.

Oddly this morning I receive a Press Release from them: Press Release - New Models : Cold Steel | Anytime | Anywhere

Perhaps their lower end and "gimmick" stuff is made in China, but their quality (read bread and butter) knives are not made there.

Really? Just stop.
You can search the facts yourself. It's common knowledge.
The Laredo Bowie in SK5 is a $175, 13 inch outdoor blade.
It's one of their their flagship models. All their SK5 blades are made in China. That's where SK5 steel comes from.
It's not a bad thing. Other models are made in Taiwan, and a few in Japan.
(FYI, Taiwan made knives are incredible nice.)

You guys with hate for China are either seriously uninformed or just being racist.

Darryl Licht

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2015
So Cal
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Chill

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
As you said there are many good authentic RDA's out now that are affordably and reasonably priced. WE SHOULD ALL SUPPORT AND REWARD THOSE COMPANIES WITH OUR $ BEFORE looking to Clones! I am, and I will continue to support them

Support and reward? For what?
...?
I don't work all week to reward companies.

You don't get rewarded for doing the right thing. You are SUPPOSED to do the right thing.
You get rewarded for going above and beyond.

Entitled youth.
Give me a break.

Fir3b1rd

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
As you said there are many good authentic RDA's out now that are affordably and reasonably priced. WE SHOULD ALL SUPPORT AND REWARD THOSE COMPANIES WITH OUR $ BEFORE looking to Clones! I am, and I will continue to support them!

As for your statement: You were "poor and unemployed", yet you managed to buy two $30-ish clone attys a month? Seems very silly to me! Especially when an RDA/RTA can be set up literally thousands of ways, via different coil designs, coil placement, wick type, wick placement, etc. Personally I would have spent that money on wick, wire, and juice and altered builds on one atty for several months!

I also said I WAS LEARNING and trying to figure out what I liked.
amd whenever I came to ecf for help I got posts as helpful as yours, the only b&m in my area was also unhelpful.
We all do things differently, apparently i'm stupid, thank you for that.
I'll be sure to run future purchases by for your approval, I ordered a freak show mini this morning, I already have two of the existing model. One with a nickel build on with Kanthal depending on my mood, but I wanted the lower height for my VSDNA, I'm sure that's silly too. But may I have your approval for the where and how I spend my money?

How cool would it be if there were a place online where people helped each other out rather than mocked them for decisions they make?

Furthermore, while a different build can be employed tl achieve a different vape the atomized itself does in fact play a role. if one atomizer could be built in certain ways to perform like all other atomizers, there would be less variety in the marketplace. And there would be no reason for a 'MAKO' and a 'MAKO WAR'
Like tanks. A kayfun and aqua 2 are drastically different animals. Personally I prefer the aqua, but I needed both to decide and no one here sells either..... {MODERATED}
Apparently I'm still silly

Last edited by a moderator:

smokinGAVIN

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2014
Manila, Philippines
I think it's human nature and maybe even common sense to look for a bargain. Some believe that there is nothing wrong with finding that bargain in clones and some believe otherwise. You can change how you think about it but you can't change how others think about it. I know I won't change because of a forum debate, specially on a thread like this that seems to keep going around in circles. I have decided to respect all views whether I agree with it or not and not let it affect my views. A healthy debate is good for the brain but I don't think it is doing the community any good at this point. Let's just agree that we disagree. We can get along even if we disagree on something. Vape on.

Fir3b1rd

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
I think it's human nature and maybe even common sense to look for a bargain. Some believe that there is nothing wrong with finding that bargain in clones and some believe otherwise. You can change how you think about it but you can't change how others think about it. I know I won't change because of a forum debate, specially on a thread like this that seems to keep going around in circles. I have decided to respect all views whether I agree with it or not and not let it affect my views. A healthy debate is good for the brain but I don't think it is doing the community any good at this point. Let's just agree that we disagree. We can get along even if we disagree on something. Vape on.

Well put!
I still wish I could come to ecf, just once and get help, state my own experience and opinion and move on without someone telling me I'm silly or an idiot.

Darryl Licht

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2015
So Cal
Support and reward? For what?
...?
I don't work all week to reward companies.

You don't get rewarded for doing the right thing. You are SUPPOSED to do the right thing.
You get rewarded for going above and beyond.

Entitled youth.
Give me a break.

You don't think when you spend that hard earned cash on an atty that you are rewarding a company for manufacturing a well-made or otherwise attractive product?

What I am saying is: with respect to attys before any of us ventures off into clone land; we should buy (and therefore reward) from those companies making reasonably priced and quality products first!

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
OK some of you need to take a step back and take a breath before posting again in here. There is no need to attack the poster, ie: berate people for personal choices / actions. That needs to stop, as it is against forum rules.

It is also against forum rules to attack back if attacked. Either ignore, try to resolve in PM's, or report the post if it breaks forum rules.

This pettiness needs to stop now please.

Thank you

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
OK some of you need to take a step back and take a breath before posting again in here. There is no need to attack the poster, ie: berate people for personal choices / actions. That needs to stop, as it is against forum rules.

It is also against forum rules to attack back if attacked. Either ignore, try to resolve in PM's, or report the post if it breaks forum rules.

This pettiness needs to stop now please.

Thank you
Its a discussion.
We r under the impression that forums are called "discussion forums" for that reason.
No one is attacking anyone.
No one is complaining. All ECF rules are being followed.
If don't like the subject matter, just say so.
But don't turn this into a TOU argument, as it is clearly not one.

Darryl Licht

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2015
So Cal
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Chill

Darryl Licht

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2015
So Cal
Its a discussion.
We r under the impression that forums are called "discussion forums" for that reason.

I AGREE 100%!!!

Who "attacked"???

Who "berated"???

Where specifically with quotes?

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Its a discussion.

This is where you are wrong, wrong, wrong.

We have had multiple reports from this thread creating extra work for staff.

Your post in itself is a violation of the rules - Discussion moderation in the open forum
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-forum-rules/51178-forum-rules.html

10. Misconduct
a. These are not permitted -
Criticising or complaining about a Moderator, or how the site is run, except via PM (private message).

8. Courtesy
a. Members must be polite at all times. When addressing another Forum user, you will be polite. Courteous discussion is welcome here but heated and abusive argument is not. If attacked you are not allowed to respond in kind. Instead use the Private Message system and try to resolve matters privately and amicably. If problems persist ask for the help of a Moderator.

15. Freedom of speech
Your contribution to this forum is not a right but a privilege. As this is a private website there is no public right to freedom of speech. The rules we have in place are to protect the site, and to provide a convivial environment for our Members. In short: we decide what is permissible or not permissible.

It's gone on too long now, thread is now closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread