• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Wow, 48mg unflavoured

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
The problem is that there is no research to know.

You'll have to weigh up the risks and decide on the magnitude yourself - preferably with expert advice.

The problem with nicotine is that it is a very potent poison, it doesn't take much to make someone ill. You can't really compare it with commercially available rodent poisons sold for domestic use, you'd have to compare with industrial poisons and they might be licensed or regulated somehow.

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Here you are Druid, a freebie for you

Heinz.jpg

trintek

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
lol vape-the-planet

ok now that that is out of my system.. warfarin is actually an industrial pesticide, it works by breaking down barriers.. basically, you bleed out, fast.. well, unless you have easy access to vitamin k.

my temporary update to the product page states this:

Nicotine is a poison, plain and simple. Appropriate precautions should be taken when handling, mixing, or storing any e-liquid. That being said, this has a higher concentration than most. This is meant for mixing only, and not meant for human ingestion. By ordering this you agree to not hold the seller responsible for any use or misuse of this product.

ONCE AGAIN
NICOTINE = POISON
POISON = BAD
If you don't have the common sense god gave a pissant, don't order any liquid that contains nicotine

this has been added to the terms and conditions you must accept when placing an order.

By agreeing to these terms you are signing a legally binding contract

Nicotine is a poison, as such special precautions must be taken while handling or working with any nicotine containing product.
You agree that you take all responsibility for any use or misuse of any product you purchase from this store.
You further agree that you will not hold VapeMeister, it's employees, shareholders, or any other party associated with this website responsible for your use or misuse of the products contained herein.
You agree that you are of legal age to smoke in your state, and that you are of legal age to possess nicotine in your state.
You agree that you will not sue VapeMeister, it's employees, shareholders, or any other party associated with this website and further agree that if sued; VapeMeister, it's employees, shareholders, or any other party associated with this website has the right to recover all legal costs from you.

That being said... we assume you aren't a ....., and we assume that you won't misuse any product we offer... just like we assume you won't stick a soldering iron in your eye even though it is not explicitly labeled "DO NOT INSERT INTO OCULAR CAVITY". Please do not prove us wrong.

Last edited:

Misty

Forum Admin Supplier & Commercial Manager
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2008
Canada
I think you might be wise to get legal advice Trintek, we're just a bunch of loud mouths on the internet and can't really give you reliable advice.

If you're selling something illegal, dangerous, uninsurable, or whatever then you really need professional advice on what to do.

If a child gets a half ml of that on their tongue somehow then theoretically it will kill them. Accidents do happen so make sure you're covered.

Kate makes a valid point..it could be a potential hazard

Last edited:

trintek

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
if my math is right.....

15ml bottle. 36mg concentration = .54mg nicotine
15ml bottle. 48mg concentration = .73mg nicotine
average cigarette: 1.6-1.8mg nicotine
amount of nicotine actually inhaled from a cigarette: significantly less as it breaks down due to heat
amount of nicotine to kill an adult: roughly 50-60mg
amount of nicotine to kill a child: unknown, but by weight it is probably 5-10mg
amount of nicotine claimed to be in 1 cigarette .... by parent groups: 20mg
amount of actual nicotine in the filter? negligible, ask any catfish that eats 5-10 at a river party.

a child would need to chug 6 bottles of 48mg liquid, or 8 bottles of 36mg liquid to be close to fatal... after the first taste, most kids would spit it out, unless we are talking about a special kid that is immune to bitterness, burning, and has not tastebuds.

Ramblin

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2009
Columbia, Missouri
if my math is right.....

15ml bottle. 36mg concentration = .54mg nicotine
15ml bottle. 48mg concentration = .73mg nicotine
average cigarette: 1.6-1.8mg nicotine
amount of nicotine actually inhaled from a cigarette: significantly less as it breaks down due to heat
amount of nicotine to kill an adult: roughly 50-60mg
amount of nicotine to kill a child: unknown, but by weight it is probably 5-10mg
amount of nicotine claimed to be in 1 cigarette .... by parent groups: 20mg
amount of actual nicotine in the filter? negligible, ask any catfish that eats 5-10 at a river party.

a child would need to chug 6 bottles of 48mg liquid, or 8 bottles of 36mg liquid to be close to fatal... after the first taste, most kids would spit it out, unless we are talking about a special kid that is immune to bitterness, burning, and has not tastebuds.

Remind me not to buy from you if you're mixing your own. No offense intended.

I always thought it was 36mg per ML 15ml x36 mg = 540 mg of nicotine.

Last edited:

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
I think that might be one step too far. Granted, anyone could mix that strength up themselves. I guess?

Jesus what happens when you get it in your mouth over time?

Faethe--your point is well taken---this is rank recklessness. Anyone peddling 48mg nicotine does not belong on this Fourn and this thread should be closed. ---------Sun

trintek

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
lab is mixing mine, and thats why i said "if i my math is right" i always assumed that in a 100ml vial it would be 96.4% pg and 3.6% nicotine..

and i think i came up with a solution. from now on, i will keep the 48mg on standby, only sell it if it is requested by one of the people that requested it in the first place or asked me to get more of it in when i discussed what i was working on....

that should satisfy the problem... it will no longer be a "for sale to anyone that hits the site" kind of deal. i will replace the publicly available one with 36mg since nobody seems to have an issue with it.

trintek

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
Faethe--your point is well taken---this is rank recklessness. Anyone peddling 48mg nicotine does not belong on this Fourn and this thread should be closed. ---------Sun

you know, i commented in this thread because i wanted to work on a solution to the problem you see.. instead i get told i should not be on the forum..

i don't make claims that vaporizers are nrt devices, alternatives to smoking, or smoking cessation aids. i have fda warnings on the website stating that vaporizers and liquid have not been evaluated by the fda. i try to work on a solution with customers instead of saying "tough luck"... not once have i shot down anything anyone has said, i only asked for comments and maybe some ideas on what i should to do to appease the people here that hate the idea. so if i am doing all the things the forum suggests a good supplier does, and i shouldn't be here... then.. that's your opinion, which you have a right to. i have a right to disagree with it, which i am exercising right now.

Ramblin

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2009
Columbia, Missouri
Ramblin--This individual has no business being here on this Fourm posting the sale of 48 mg nicotine--Sun

Seems like this thread is like the condemned handing bullets to the executioner. In this case the FDA. Will it show up as evidence in federal hearings?

I'm all for people being free to do whatever the 'ell they want to their bodies.

TDM

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Ramblin--This individual has no business being here on this Fourm posting the sale of 48 mg nicotine--Sun

Unfortunately I know I am going to get slammed for my opinion but here it goes!! People who sue companies for their OWN negligence should be thrown in jail themselves!! People keep saying "what if a child gets ahold of it" "what if someone gets sick vaping it" When do we say enough is enough!! If you order this product then YOU need to be responsible!! If you have children LOCK THIS STUFF UP!!! My first order of 36mg arrived at my home 1 week before I got home. I have a 6 year old in the house. I told my wife to lock it in my gun safe!! If you are a parent BE RESPONSIBLE!! I have seen alot of people on here showing pictures of where their stuff is stored in unlocked boxes, bags, drawers, etc. If you are going to high strength E-Liquid around then YOU do the responsible thing and KEEP IT WHERE YOUR KIDS, PETS WHOEVER CASNNOT GET TO IT!!

I personally am going to try to purchase 100ML from the supplier. The ONLY way I will is if I can pick it up locally! This item WILL NOT be shipped to my house! It will be locked PERMANENTLY in my vehicle!!

Ramblin

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2009
Columbia, Missouri
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread