• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Wow, 48mg unflavoured

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDM

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Oh for goodness sake get your head out of your .....

Have a look and see if you can find a sense of humour somewhere. Do you know what irony is?

Ok so post #31 when you said " If a child gets a half ml of that on their tongue somehow then theoretically it will kill them." was irony also. You used what about the children to say how it should not be sold not its irony. Make up your ****** mind

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
political-pictures-pope-benedict-sp.jpg

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Kate;243035"... I would be petrified of the "stupids"." My thoughts exactly. I think I can be trusted to be careful and I am reasonably informed of the dangers but some people are just ... well said:
And there will be "stupids" with any product...people leave out children's aspirin...can be lethal. Loaded guns....could be lethal. There's a lot of things that can be deadly in the wrong hands....and if used by irresponsible people. Doesn't mean they shouldn't be sold though, does it?[/COLOR]

I wonder what the FDA and the antis will make of high potency nicotine. Don't forget to think of the children :(

Well as I said on the other thread, we have no idea what's going to end up legal or not (if anything). The powers that be may think 18mg is too high...but 4mg is okay. We don't know. So really, what's the difference at this point? I'm just trying to get what I can, while I can....as I'm sure some others are as well.

Lu

TDM

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
" If a child gets a half ml of that on their tongue somehow then theoretically it will kill them."

What's wrong with that?

That's not what you complained about in your complaining post about thinking of children.

What's your problem? If you don't like what we think or say just f off.

Had wondered why you got banned kinda figure why now

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Well as I said on the other thread, we have no idea what's going to end up legal or not (if anything). The powers that be may think 18mg is too high...but 4mg is okay. We don't know. So really, what's the difference at this point? I'm just trying to get what I can, while I can....as I'm sure some others are as well.

Lu

Some people think that risks in our lives should be regulated and reduced as much as possible by authorities.

What they don't seem to care about is that a life without risk is just plain not worth living.

I don't know how extreme the authoritarian mindset will get before a backlash occurs but that's the current political climate in most developed countries, some are just more extreme than others.

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA

Exactly! That's why getting out the torches and pitchforks while chanting "Ban him...ban him...ban him" sounds a little ridiculous, doesn't it? I mean, do people feel better now that the seller has "acquiesced" and taken the product down? Whatever happened to discussing it with some logic and reasoning.....and non-attacking opinions? :confused:

Lu

ISAWHIM

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
www.isawhim.com
I found it humorous... (The children comment.)

Especially since those people crying about kids buying poison, are not out picking-up cigarette butts off the ground, and they let their kids play on the lawns, in houses full of poisons, and go to public schools, and put them in cars, and leave them with strangers, and leave them unattended, and give them money to purchase things without supervision... Nail those ...... for child endangerment. (Yes everyone does it, but not everyone is yelling, "Do it for the children", and believes what they are doing is helping. How about the number of children abused from a stressed-out parent that doesn't have access to a nerve-calming device like a cigarette?)

Thus, I found it comical. (Not as a serious statement.)

When it comes to government... There is no such thing as "Freedom"... because government equals control, and control equals loss of freedom... The USA was not established with a government, that came later and was politically enforced upon people who didn't think it would stick, or believed (Stupidly), that freedom was possible under government rule, because politicians promised it would be. (A flat out lie.)

Government exists today, because it needs to exist. Places without a government do not exist. (Though the government may not be documented, it does exist. Someone thinks they rule, or does rule.)

The only situation which a government does not exist, is when you are alone... and you still rule yourself, so you govern yourself.

What was the question again?

Oh yea... 48mg/ml or 36mg/ml...

I personally think that until these devices actually regulate intake, that intake should be chemically limited by volume, below 30mg/ml, with a better solution for handling, being a mixture of 15mg/ml or lower.

30mg/ml is the upper level of nicotine found in a single cigarette/tobacco dry-stick, but that level is borderline toxic, as per a single-dose if consumed. (Accidentally not through normal consumption.)

I believe 15mg/ml would be better, as it is potentially safer to handle, and potentially less harmful if abused unknowingly, than 30mg/ml. You have more time and potential for corrective action, and more room for lethal dose errors. Without possibly causing a potential lethal situation.

The issue I have with smaller doses of nicotine, are only the volume of additional non-active ingredients that need to be consumed. If it is found that these non-active ingredients are harmful in some way... those individuals using the lower levels of nicotine solution will be at potentially greater risk, by consumed volume.

Toxicology testing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
NTP-CERHR: Chemical Evaluation Process
Chemicals Testing - Guidelines:Department
Analytical/Chemical Product Testing Center - DSCC
Physical & chemical testing - VÍTKOVICE TESTING CENTER Ltd.
US FDA/CFSAN - Summary Table of Recommended Toxicological Testing for Additives Used in Food
Toxicology Testing Services - Toxikon
Toxicology Testing Laboratories

Hope some of those resources help....

dopple

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
You could put any thing you want on it. The point is if someone got ill or hurt from it, you don't have a prayer in the world.

so by that logic, lets all go get some pesticide, swallow it and get sick, then sue the company that made it cause they knew it was poisonous? get a damn grip.. we're adults, if you dont want to be exposed to it, dont buy it.... the people that want this 48mg juice isnt putting it on your tongue now are they? this mindset is just ridiculous. if the supplier is CLEARLY advertising and marking the product as potentially harmful if consumed, you are making the informed decision to purchase, and use this product, as well as taking the safety measures needed to make sure anyone in your household would be safe from this.... i for one dont have kids, why should i be deprived of purchasing 48mg liquid if i wanted to? i know the risks and the toxicity, just cause you cant either control your kids or KEEP IT OUT OF THEIR REACH doesnt mean a thing to me.

dopple

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
I personally am going to try to purchase 100ML from the supplier. The ONLY way I will is if I can pick it up locally! This item WILL NOT be shipped to my house! It will be locked PERMANENTLY in my vehicle!!

might not want to keep it locked in a car, especially with summer coming, the heat would not be good for the liquid... it shouldnt be stored at high temperatures

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
... I personally think that until these devices actually regulate intake, that intake should be chemically limited by volume, below 30mg/ml, with a better solution for handling, being a mixture of 15mg/ml or lower...

No doubt that when vaping becomes accepted it will be conditional on low nicotine availability in the way NRTs are tamper proof and low dose.

The problem I think is that some people have very high or very low tolerance to nicotine. What would barely satisfy one person could knock another down.

In order to be a satisfactory alternative to smoking the people with high tolerance need consideration too.

I do think that some of us may be developing high tolerance because of vaping and that in itself is a new and potentially controversial issue with the habit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread