List of vendors Age Verification requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
I suspect we will be paying extra for adult signature required delivery, soon.
$6.10 extra, on top of shipping cost.
The combined costs you've outlined here may be a good thing for the B&M shops, this could finally make them competitive. My guess some of the bigger online retailers will eat some the shipping costs.

I do believe this is yet another ineffective approach to solving the issue. I read earlier on here somewhere that the vast majority of underage vapers get their gear from family and friends not from retailers.

• Agree
Reactions: puffon

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
I do believe this is yet another ineffective approach to solving the issue. I read earlier on here somewhere that the vast majority of underage vapers get their gear from family and friends not from retailers.

Tell you honestly. Kids is kids, they WILL try stuff.
So letting them have vape gear through me I stand a chance to steer them clear of the stinkies or even worse stuff. Not a perfect solution, but life's often a string of compromises...

• Winner
Reactions: gerrymi

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
@Delilah718 posted..."tried ordering and faced age verification hoops at Element Vape and Vaporbeast... who both couldn't verify :facepalm: I'm guessing it's due to the pending holiday cuz a credit card authorization should be enough! :-x "

The handy-dandy List shows Element Vape as "Unknown"...(which usually means Hassle-Free)...so things may have changed???

Little itty bitty mods under $100.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
@Delilah718 posted..."tried ordering and faced age verification hoops at Element Vape and Vaporbeast... who both couldn't verify :facepalm: I'm guessing it's due to the pending holiday cuz a credit card authorization should be enough! :-x "

The handy-dandy List shows Element Vape as "Unknown"...(which usually means Hassle-Free)...so things may have changed???

Little itty bitty mods under $100.

On the AV List, Unknown means the vendor may be using an invisible processor unless they cannot find a match, then you will be asked for additional ID.

I looks like something has changed if you can no longer be verified without additional info so I've added (Update: No longer hassle free. May ask for additional info.) for Element Vape. Vapor Beast more or less says the same thing.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
...and I had no issues this weekend at Element Vape and Vapor Beast.
hassle free no additional info needed...
Thank you for posting your experience. That is helpful. @Delilah718 may have been an isolated case. If more people post no problems, I will remove "No longer hassle free" from Element Vape.

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    I had problems with Element vapes too a while ago, 1st time I ordered, went through no problem, 2nd time they wanted more info, can't remember what they wanted, just remember I put them on my mental list of not to buy from, that was a little while ago though.

tmcase

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 20, 2011
    I had problems with Element vapes too a while ago, 1st time I ordered, went through no problem, 2nd time they wanted more info, can't remember what they wanted, just remember I put them on my mental list of not to buy from, that was a little while ago though.
    Thanks Nailz.

Delilah718

Vape Enthusiast
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 18, 2011
    In the clouds
    T! :w00t: Long time no see dear T! Nice to see ya round these parts :wub:

Yeah, maybe Element Vape was on autopilot or something and couldn't verify as usual due to the holidays. Unfortunately for them that rigamarole made me cancel the order so they lost business.

I went with My Freedom Smokes and got what I was looking for without fuss. :blush:

((((((((((((((((((T))))))))))))))))))))))) Happy New Year Terrific T! Wishing you all the best.

Happy New Year to all.:)

tmcase

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 20, 2011

Yeah, maybe Element Vape was on autopilot or something and couldn't verify as usual due to the holidays. Unfortunately for them that rigamarole made me cancel the order so they lost business.

I went with My Freedom Smokes and got what I was looking for without fuss. :blush:

((((((((((((((((((T))))))))))))))))))))))) Happy New Year Terrific T! Wishing you all the best.

Hey D!! Nice to see you too. :D I hope you have a GREAT 2019. :)

Delilah718

Vape Enthusiast
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 18, 2011
    In the clouds

Hi again,

UPDATE:

I tried to purchase again at Element Vape today... they have a very competitive price for the Wismec CB80. Created an account entered all info to purchase and BUMMER, could not verify me again. :oops: As I said, I gave EV a pass thinking the annoying insistence for age verification was due to its being on auto-pilot or something over the holiday.... unfortunately, it asked for DOB and social today too...Sigh....

tmcase

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 20, 2011
    Hi again,

UPDATE:

I tried to purchase again at Element Vape today... they have a very competitive price for the Wismec CB80. Created an account entered all info to purchase and BUMMER, could not verify me again. :oops: As I said, I gave EV a pass thinking the annoying insistence for age verification was due to its being on auto-pilot or something over the holiday.... unfortunately, it asked for DOB and social today too...Sigh....
    Well crap!! Sorry to hear this. :( I guess I won't be visiting their site anymore.

Have you checked Vape Crawler? They list several competitive sites but they probably are all overseas. :rolleyes:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread