Status
Not open for further replies.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
So Dan. Are you using the vaporshark? Or something different?which one performs at the lowest resistance for building. May need to check out others. Just thought to ask. Thanks
Yeah, I have a VS200, its been great so far, I like it. I got it because I wanted a small dna200, and its a small dna200. I have a couple other DNA200 mods too, flawless, and evolv.

You can't go with a SX350J, or DNA200 based mod imo (as long as its well made, some of the early DNA200 mods have been questionable in that regard), they are both good, and both go down to around .05 ohm. Although what is even nicer to me is that you're not limited to ni200 with these boards, Ti, or SS offer temp limiting without silly low ohm builds, I've got a 1.0 ohm SS430 coil in my TFV4 right now. To me the DNA200 is just a bit smoother, and I prefer the way it does temp limiting vs the yihi board, just my opinion. Bottom line, either is fine, or there are cheaper options out there too, XCube II, or IPV3 Li can be had for $60-70 or so online, people seem to like those as well (no personal experience with them).

davevape55

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2015
Nevada City, CA.
www.google.com
Yeah, I have a VS200, its been great so far, I like it. I got it because I wanted a small dna200, and its a small dna200. I have a couple other DNA200 mods too, flawless, and evolv.

You can't go with a SX350J, or DNA200 based mod imo (as long as its well made, some of the early DNA200 mods have been questionable in that regard), they are both good, and both go down to around .05 ohm. Although what is even nicer to me is that you're not limited to ni200 with these boards, Ti, or SS offer temp limiting without silly low ohm builds, I've got a 1.0 ohm SS430 coil in my TFV4 right now. To me the DNA200 is just a bit smoother, and I prefer the way it does temp limiting vs the yihi board, just my opinion. Bottom line, either is fine, or there are cheaper options out there too, XCube II, or IPV3 Li can be had for $60-70 or so online, people seem to like those as well (no personal experience with them).
I bought the sx mini m class in july this year. It works very well and do use it at home. Did purchase the Hcigar VT40 from MVS 2 weeks prior to the release date. Liked the feel of it in the hand, but the 510 threading came apart one night and returned it to store. They gave me store credit so I purchased the yihi m class. Noticing the clapton builds are around. 03 ohms or less. Not seeing any regulated mods with those specs. Whats your take on low resistance builds. Are you sticking to temp. coils for the most part? Or doing each types when trying new tanks. I guess it also depends on the deck layout and airflow/juice channels. Guess i'll make the plunge for a new DNA device after checking some more reviews. Thanks again

rangerrobin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Northern California
I haven't seen the Lightning Vapes drip tips get much love, so just wanted to show some of today's vape mail. Never thought I would ever spend $20 on a tip, but the design impressed me and I like it even more in person. Some of the wire I wanted was out of stock so I might pick up another with my next order. View attachment 493634
They're sold out! :cry:

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
I've noticed they go in and out of stock. I've also noticed they bumped up the price to $30. :eek: No more for me. I'm one of the few people who like the stock glass tip, and $30 is just crazy to me when the atty can be found for <$20.
Yeah, same here. They look nice and all, but $30 for a piece of delrin is a joke.

Captain Pegleg

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2015
Arkansas
This thing is built well. I could not recommend it to beginner builders though because finding the right amount of wick for thickness of juice may be tough. I feel like I got lucky, honestly. Refilling is a bit of a downer, but then again, so is refilling ANY tank I own, and I like a small profile. So it's fine with me. As long as I don't lose my tiny screwdriver lol

davevape55

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2015
Nevada City, CA.
www.google.com
I have a pen knife with a screwdriver on it that does the trick, only a matter of time until I drop that screw on a pub floor though

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk
There screw holder was a clip that holds the head of a screw on the slot end of your screw driver. Cant find one now. Was along time ago I had one for doing points on my V8 engines to cars I had. Still looking though. Thanks for info. Have a good time getting out. I always do when there's beer involved.

The.Drifter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2013
Virginia
Black Goblin Mini's are out :)

6qr4mxz3t5oni6x6g.jpg

I think it looks sharp on my IPV D2 :)

davevape55

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2015
Nevada City, CA.
www.google.com
I use a dna200 mod. That VT200 looks nice, I've seen it as low as $120-125 online. Not too bad considering the board itself retails for $80.
Ordered my vt200 over the weekend. Should be better with the stainless threading, although not many complaints of the brass so far. Ordered from ecig.com $126.00 pretty good price if the warranty holds to it. Just thought to share with you.

The.Drifter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2013
Virginia
Wait is that a different drip tip? Or...oh my god does the drip tip adapter actually WORK in the black version?

LOL, the drip tip adapter does indeed work :D
I can actually pick up the whole mod by the drip tip.

Thats for a sharped dressed man.! I'll say..

I agree, I think it's very classy looking, one to use while sporting a tux :)
I was surprised by how good this combo looked when I put the Black Goblin on it, like they were made for each other.

Captain Pegleg

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2015
Arkansas

I was surprised by how good this combo looked when I put the Black Goblin on it, like they were made for each other.

Truly, a dapper topper you have there.

The adapter on mine (SS not black) is as snug as a bug in a...bus

davevape55

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2015
Nevada City, CA.
www.google.com

That or in the back of a limo with a couple of hot babes on each side of you!

Reactions: The.Drifter
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread