• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Zmax v2 at happy vaper!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotone

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Toronto
I believe it is pronounced Zed-max here in Canada :p

I just picked up a Zmax v2 from happy vaper. This is my first day using it but so far this is one of the most impressive mods I have seen for a while, specially at this price point. I highly recommend it, if you thought about a Darwin or provari but just could not spend that much.

It feels pretty sturdy comparable to feel/weight of the provari, I think it is a little slimmer but perhaps that is my imagination. I don't own a provari, some of my friends do and I have tried them many times. I have considered getting a provari but I just can't get myself to spend that much when I already have a Darwin which is comparable. Performance wise the zmax is pretty close to my Darwin, just not quite as adjustable.

Works awesome with the Ego mega dual coils, vivi mini and stardust. Which is what I have tried it with so far. Like my Darwin my vivi mini which was not working so well on the eGo twist works much better on the zmax. Was wondering if airflow would be an issue but it actually is better then on my eGo twist. The voltage/wattage settings actually seem to work unlike some other vv mods I have picked up in the past.

My one issue is the manual seems to be from the V1 mod and does not cover the new option 8 and some of the settings are not on there.

Here is an update to the manual that I created if you have a V2.

1 power up
Uu - voltage up
Pu - wattage up

2 power down
Ud - voltage down
Pd - wattage down

3 So standby on/off

4 Uc - battery check

5 dS - display change
d.A - ohms measurement
d.u - battery voltage
d.o - output voltage/wattage

6 Lo - LED display on/off

7 - P- Power (wattage) U- voltage

8 - NA How voltage/wattage regulation works
ANS - RMS (Is what it is)
NEA - MEAn (V1 method, actual is higher then display)

hotone

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Toronto
The V1 had an issue with running hotter then it was displaying. I did not want to buy the v1 because of this, though I read that there are people who like this mode. Hence they made it option 8 where you could run it in v1 or v2 mode.

Want to check this with a volt meter when I get home but 8 watts on the zmax hits about the same as the darwin at 8 watts.

Picked mine up at the gta meet last night. $105 is a great price for this mod! I just noticed the sale is until Sunday now and they have updated instructions on the technical specs page for the zmax.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
The V1 had an issue with running hotter then it was displaying. I did not want to buy the v1 because of this, though I read that there are people who like this mode. Hence they made it option 8 where you could run it in v1 or v2 mode.

Want to check this with a volt meter when I get home but 8 watts on the zmax hits about the same as the darwin at 8 watts.

Picked mine up at the gta meet last night. $105 is a great price for this mod! I just noticed the sale is until Sunday now and they have updated instructions on the technical specs page for the zmax.
A guy in Germany tested Zmax with 8th menu Vrms along with another mod the Vamo which just came out as well , this page is translated so some words may not mesh.
Scroll down some for the spec he found and further down page to compare sizes and such.
http://translate.googleusercontent....xstar/&usg=ALkJrhhRMyx4cDo0m6zT4Cl00xl5nQeaKQ

shades

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2009
Perth, Ontario
I LIED!! Yes as hotone said until Sunday I just got the email :) Mine shipped out today and I got the "omgitsashingythingIcan'twaitforittogethereandspacestaketoomuchtimetotypemail" so I should have the shiny tomorrow.

If I remember that comparison, long story short its close enough to be unnoticeable with the 8th menu option.

Now I have to dump all my low res stuff into the wifes lap, pretend it is because I want her to have lots and then order the same stuff at higher res :D

tygertyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
Fraser Valley, BC, Canada
Now I have to dump all my low res stuff into the wifes lap, pretend it is because I want her to have lots and then order the same stuff at higher res :D

I'll be sure to send you my shipping address in case she decides she wants to upgrade with you and doesn't want your stuff hahahahahaha ;)

shades

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2009
Perth, Ontario
Hi Glad you are liking your Z max. Did the one from Happy come with extra headcap for the different batteries.
Drac

I also asked about this and currently they do not have the extra cap. They are not big fans of stacked batteries from my understanding.

FYI they have a chat option, and everyone I was a PIA to.. err I mean asked lots of questions to, they were always happy to answer the questions I have. It is kind of a nice feature when you have 6 personalities all wanting answers ;)

Jables

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
Alberta, Canada
I also asked about this and currently they do not have the extra cap. They are not big fans of stacked batteries from my understanding.

FYI they have a chat option, and everyone I was a PIA to.. err I mean asked lots of questions to, they were always happy to answer the questions I have. It is kind of a nice feature when you have 6 personalities all wanting answers ;)

The extra cap is for an 18650, or atleast that's what I use it for, you don't need to stack batteries with it.

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
I donno haha, mine came with a cap for 18500's and a cap for 18650, and the tube itself.

18500?! Jables, the stock cap for the Zmax is an 18650 cap and the "optional" cap is the extended cap meant to run with stacked 18350's. Your post is the first I've heard reference of an 18500 version.

Glad that you are liking the V2, Hotone! Mine is going to sit in it's box until my V1 gives up the ghost. So far, it's ticking along set at 5.5 WATTS which is closer to my 8 WATT sweet-spot. ;)

Last edited:

Jables

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
Alberta, Canada
18500?! Jables, the stock cap for the Zmax is an 18650 cap and the "optional" cap is the extended cap meant to run with stacked 18350's. Your post is the first I've heard reference of an 18500 version.

I could very well be wrong, I only bought 18650's for it, I never even looked at the other cap haha, I just kind of assumed.

Yeah, just looking at it I'm pretty sure I was mistaken, doesn't matter to me though haha.

MisterMike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2012
Ontario, Canada

Glad that you are liking the V2, Hotone! Mine is going to sit in it's box until my V1 gives up the ghost. So far, it's ticking along set at 5.5ohms which is closer to my 8ohm sweet-spot. ;)

Methinks he's got Provari on the brain. ;)

May have to look into getting one of these here Zmaxes, too.

*turns away from computer* Er, yes dear?

...What? You'll do what if I order more gear?

...WHAT?
You're gonna have to sew them back on, first!

...Guess I'll just have to wait a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread