Older Folks and Vaping Back Porch - Part Three

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
I miss bowling sometimes - had to give it up about the time I was finally getting the hang of it.

Had my first surgery last week.

As long as I do not end of getting kicked it is all good...

That is fantastic news - prayers to help it continue.

Yea, the first one is great - if the second one comes out this good - I will have the eyes of a teenager again.
Does cataract surgery involve replacing the actual, lens? Just curious cause I thought it did and if so isn't the correction permanent.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
Does cataract surgery involve replacing the actual, lens? Just curious cause I thought it did and if so isn't the correction permanent.

Yes it is replacing the lens and yes it is supposed to be permanent - I have talked to people that have had it done over 30 years ago and no problem. The results for each person is different due to the high number of variables involved. Some require glasses to read others require them for distance vision and still others need nothing.

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
Yes it is replacing the lens and yes it is supposed to be permanent - I have talked to people that have had it done over 30 years ago and no problem. The results for each person is different due to the high number of variables involved. Some require glasses to read others require them for distance vision and still others need nothing.
I was just curious because Iffy said something about them coming back and he wouldn't hesitate to do it again and I was just wondering if they could.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
I was just curious because Iffy said something about them coming back and he wouldn't hesitate to do it again and I was just wondering if they could.

The doctor told me no. I asked. He said he had done the surgery in some one as young as 30.

LittleBird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
East Coast, USA
LittleBird, a little late but keep in mind Giant Vapes does a coupon, usually 10% off, on Wednesday afternoon good til midnight. They post it on their Facebook group page. If anyone who does not do FB ever plans on ordering from them let me know and I will find and post the code. Today it is Getquenched10.

Thanks, Clnire! I order from them often, and never knew they had a weekly coupon. I guess I better like them on FB!

LittleBird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
East Coast, USA
Yea, the first one is great - if the second one comes out this good - I will have the eyes of a teenager again.

Eye surgery is the most amazing thing! So happy that your first was successful, and prayers that the other will be!

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
Thanks, Clnire! I order from them often, and never knew they had a weekly coupon. I guess I better like them on FB!

You have to "join". It's a closed group but they accepted me! You have to look for the code post on Wednesday afternoon, but it will be there!

And I would be remiss to not congratulate you on your remission! Prayers it continues. Woo hoo!

Phone sucks for emoticons...

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I ordered several new juices from Giant Vapes, yesterday, and they arrived today. Vendors about which I've read, but never tried. Gettin' ready for a great adventure!
oh fun, you'll have to let us know what they are and what you think of them!

Can't find the link to Deb's Place .. little help, please .. ?? I'm so lazy ..

woops, just saw this, but glad you Dancin and someone else hooked ya up!

Had my first surgery last week.
oh yeah that in between part is kinda rough. my sil had hers done and the first one turned out fantastic, the 2nd one not so much. They had some trouble with that, and she doesn't see as well out of it

Hiya Fran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread