Older Folks and Vaping Back Porch - Part Three

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
Good afternoon everone. Slept in till noon today. Course didn't get to sleep until 5am. I wish I could figure out what is causing this weird sleep schedule. I've never had problems sleeping before. Oh well, this too shall pass I hope.

Amoret, so sorry to hear about your fall, all I can say is I hope you get well real quick.

Working on trim work around the house today. All I can say is thank goodness I have an air nailer. I can't pound a nail straight to save my life. Used to be able to get one in in about 2 whacks, not anymore. I guess this one isn't like riding a bike. Once you lose the "muscle memory " you gotta work to get it back. Unfortunately I don't want it back that bad. That's why I bought this variety of air nailers in the first place.

seapeach

Cloud Dweller
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2015
Florida
That sounds yummy!!
I just tried it. Anxious to get away from the tobacco flavor...it's like an alcoholic trying to drink near beer. It is strawberry coconutty in the mouth and nose with a peachy finish on the tongue. I thought the peach might overpower it, but it doesn't...just a peachy tang. Sooooooooooooo much better than tobacco mixes and mint I had been using to get my ratios right. Easy peasy and didn't spill a drop. Used 3 ml syringe with 14 gauge needle-less tip (Like they use for essential oils.) for the nic, pg and vg, and a 1ml for the peach. Just used drops for the coconut and strawberry. Made 15 mls. Took about ten minutes. There is no peppery flavor and it's thin enough, yet provides for a good cloud. I likey.
Group HUG for all the support! Yay!
grouphugg.gif

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
Good afternoon everone. Slept in till noon today. Course didn't get to sleep until 5am. I wish I could figure out what is causing this weird sleep schedule. I've never had problems sleeping before. Oh well, this too shall pass I hope.
I have been thinking it has something to do with the anxiety over the move, and everything else associated with it.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Well, I messed up big time on Wednesday.
Oh, no!!! We're so careful about the big risks. Then the little ones sneak up and bite us! Get lots of rest, and get well soon!
Haven't figured out a way/place to hide the vaporizer - yet. No drawer in the bed table and the staff seem to root through the drawers in the end table and cupboard.
Do you not have a purse or overnight bag that's your own private property?

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
I have been thinking it has something to do with the anxiety over the move, and everything else associated with it.
I'm thinking your right. The idea has definitely occurred to me. Guess the best thing to do would be to get it over with.

Metal Storm

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2015
Mid TN USA
You dredged up a long lost memory ... when I hit Ft Polk, LA Boot Camp, fresh off the bus at about 4 AM, we were immediately herded through processing and issued our gear .. we were allowed a few hours rack time, and then lined up for the buzz cut .. piles of hair surrounding each barber station .. the barber I drew was a wise *** and asked me how I wanted it .. :rolleyes:

At any rate, soon after, it was time for the "official" photo .. we were given a few minutes to shave and get into at least the top half of the dress uniform, and it was hot and so humid .. one guy was too slow shaving and only managed half his face when the drill sarge herded us back out and into the photo line ... the slow shaver was Italian with a dark, thick stubble .. sure enough, when the photos came back, it was very clear he'd only shaved half his face .. so, I'm sure to this day, if he's still around, he'll tell that tale ..

Back then, the idea from the get go was "Get rid of the boy, re-build as a Man" .. and it started the minute you got off the bus .. think "Full Metal Jacket" and you'd be close ... if that gives you any extra insight, I can't say what your Dad's experience was, but not a whole lot of guys I went through with had a happy look .. it was Culture Shock at it's best .. ;)

Funny you mentioned FMJ because I asked him after we watched that if he ever got yelled at and he said nothing that bad but he did say he didn't go unnoticed.

I bet I could get him to vape. He'd probably take to it more than mom has even though she's having a second go at it. Thanks for the great posts, Willie.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
You would be surprised how quickly a dog or cat will memorize a person... Very perceptive beasties.
My son's dog, Bud (aka BuddhaWeiser) was the most beautiful, intelligent, loving dog.

When my son moved to Dallas, I didn't see Bud for a few years. But, she definitely did not forget me! Years later, while I was living with my son and his wife, Bud would sleep outside my bedroom door while my son was out of town (My son is a truck driver.). I couldn't let her in my room when I slept because she would crowd me out of my little twin bed!

I felt so bad when I moved back to San Antonio and left Bud to spend so much time alone with my son's wife! They didn't dislike each other. But, they didn't like each other either.
I hereby submit my application to join the Nicpocalypse Minor League Playas Association. 3 liters of 100 mg/ml nic from MFS were just delivered by FedEx, to go along with the 2 liters already in my freezer.
When you do something, you do it all the way (Like Uncle Willie)! Welcome aboard!
We always knew you had a screw loose. Now, we have proof!
I just tried it. . . . Made 15 mls. Took about ten minutes. There is no peppery flavor and it's thin enough, yet provides for a good cloud. I likey.
Success on the first try! Congrats!
Bingo!

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
amoret, I am so sorry that happened to you. Wishing you fast healing (we don't heal as fast as we used to).

Legs, beautiful family! We don't see our son very often, but Spock always went wiggly when he did visit. Tasha just barks at everyone (she is a scardy cat), but she does warm up if you ignore her. Then she says "Hey, what about ME?"

Seapeach, congrats on your Flamingo success. I posted on the other porch. It is a wonderful combination of flavors. I have not had it in a long time, when I get a chance I must make some!

Drove most of the day from Hampton VA to Concord NC. More work, but go home Monday and will probably pick out my puppy!!! One of the boys (there are 2), not sure which, though. Have to talk to the breeder cuz she knows what I need and want; which one will fit that need/want, we shall see.

seapeach

Cloud Dweller
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2015
Florida
"

Seapeach, congrats on your Flamingo success. I posted on the other porch. It is a wonderful combination of flavors. I have not had it in a long time, when I get a chance I must make some!
Yeah, I'm so excited, I'm all over the place
banana_smiley_34.gif

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
but go home Monday and will probably pick out my puppy!!!
kewl!!! I know you'll be glad to get home! Be careful drivin home!

banana_smiley_34.gif
Very happy for ya! It's great havin good juice aint it!! Just your right ratio and nic level and good flavors!!

amoret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2013
Sharon, ND, USA
How long are ya gonna be there, I could send you an ego and can look to see if I still have an evod, that's fairly small. Do you have one of those rolly tables that you eat on with the drawer? I'd whack em if they were rootin through my stuff!! Would definitely be markin off which were theirs to root through for supplies, and which were mine and they better stay out of em!

Oh, no!!! We're so careful about the big risks. Then the little ones sneak up and bite us! Get lots of rest, and get well soon!

Do you not have a purse or overnight bag that's your own private property?

The table does not have a drawer, that would be too easy. I can get something, just have to have a USB charging connection, since I do have my charging center with a couple of cables already attached for my kindle and phone, so that would be totally inconspicuous. I do have a purse/bag, but it is too big for the end table, which I'm going to stake out as private, and I can't reach the cabinet/closet. I think that I really need a new cosmetics bag. :rolleyes:

Gotta show off my new hardware collection - I don't think I'll make it through metal detectors anymore.:D
11231816_1080467038647436_2116559903502854517_o.jpg

banana_smiley_34.gif

Isn't it fun? You're really advancing fast - way faster than I did. :thumb:

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Gotta show off my new hardware collection - I don't think I'll make it through metal detectors anymore.:D
That's awful, but probably a good thing you broke it rather than a really bad sprain, those are usually worse as far as healing. Prayers for well and speedy healing! Let us know if we can do sumpthin. Hope you've got folks up there to help you.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Sooooooooooooo much better than tobacco mixes and mint I had been using to get my ratios right.

c-peach >
highfive.gif
<da porches

Saw "my girl" at the vape shop today. She is still amazing. :blush:

Never heard her version before. BUT, folk, dat's from da a lovin' heart (aka no studio assist)! Thanx...
thumbsup.gif

We always knew you had a screw loose. Now, we have proof!

C'mon, ya'll never needed any 'photographic' evidence to support dat! Doubt any here were oblivious to da obvious...

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
View attachment 459795

Show off!!!

Seriously, if there is ANYTHING we can do to assist, just drop a PM (conversation) if ya feel bashful on-line!

BTW, if it t'was moi, I'd try to kill two 'birds' wid one TOME <link...

il_570xN.753048389_irkk.jpg

Nowadays, who's gonna mess wid dat!

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Show off!!!

Seriously, if there is ANYTHING we can do to assist, just drop a PM (conversation) if ya feel bashful on-line!

BTW, if it t'was moi, I'd try to kill two 'birds' wid one TOME <link...

il_570xN.753048389_irkk.jpg

Nowadays, who's gonna mess wid dat!
But, that's the first place thieves look for money! A dictionary would be far more secure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread