Older Folks and Vaping Back Porch - Part Three

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
Well, it's my normal bed time but, since I got up at noon today I am kind of afraid to go to bed now. I am tired but, am also tinkling that this is the just the routine tired at 12 hours I normally get and I normally wake up.from that. Would kind of sick to go to bed and wake up in a couple of.hours for the rest.if the night. That's what I did last night!
I'll bet you all are kind of tired hearing about my lack of sleep. Well, believe me, I'm as tired of talking abut it too. Almost as.tired as dealing with it. :D

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
Got a lot done today and got to spend some quality with my daughter today. Not bad. Got a lot of the final trim work done in the house and Tori and I went to the Verizon store to pass my Galaxy Note 2 phone on to her to replace the old phone she had. Handed her the phone as we were leaving the house and she said "that's not your old phone, this is new." "Nope, I just take care of em". Took it out of the case for the first time in the last 6 months. Looked like new, not a scratch on it. She's happy. It performs about 10 times better than her old phone did.
I got a new.Galaxy Note 4 yesterday. Great phone! Almost as big a performance increase between it and my Note 2 as between the 2 and Tori's old phone (Motorola Droid Maxx). The camera in this thing is amazing. 13mp with optical image stabilization. Really nice pics. As soon as I have some decent pics to post I will.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
Been stuffing animals all day. Gotta sign off and let my right thumb have a rest.
23dors.gif

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2009
NE Florida
Good morning Porchers!

Trying really hard to keep up; I'd have to be at my pc for 2 hrs straight to try and catch up, and RW has been calling me too much lately. Have to plan my puter breaks a bit better.

Now, to the RW I go again........

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
Good Morning.

Had to go get my blood work for my physical next week. GRRRR The giving blood was no problem but how in the world do they expect a urine sample when they wouldn't let me have coffee???? Had to shake out as much as I could. Sheesh!

Let me just say the coffee right now is so good. . . I'm about to slap myself.
coffe.gif

NAPTIME
JC_goody.gif
, y'all have a good one.

LittleBird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
East Coast, USA
@amoret , I'm so sorry to hear about your ankle! How long are you going to be at the a Rehab facility? Awful place, if they won't allow vaping. That's insult to injury! I'm happy to send off a little cosmetics bag with an istick mini, if that will help. Just PM me ... Oh - and no problem with metal detectors. My ankle has 6 screws and 2 plates, and I go through easy peezy!

@MattB101 , when are you moving? Goodness, but that sleep deprivation thing has been going on for far too long! With no sleep, it's no wonder you can't hammer straight. (Hummm. Wonder what my excuse is ... :))

@clnire , no! Come back! I so wanted to see you ... Sadly, the good Lord and my docs had a slightly different plan. Next time! :rolleyes:

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
@amoret , I'm so sorry to hear about your ankle! How long are you going to be at the a Rehab facility? Awful place, if they won't allow vaping. That's insult to injury! I'm happy to send off a little cosmetics bag with an iStick mini, if that will help. Just PM me ... Oh - and no problem with metal detectors. My ankle has 6 screws and 2 plates, and I go through easy peezy!

@MattB101 , when are you moving? Goodness, but that sleep deprivation thing has been going on for far too long! With no sleep, it's no wonder you can't hammer straight. (Hummm. Wonder what my excuse is ... :))

@clnire , no! Come back! I so wanted to see you ... Sadly, the good Lord and my docs had a slightly different plan. Next time! :rolleyes:

@LittleBird - good to see ya.

Say - wasn't it you who got an Erlkonigin? Do you like it? I picked up a couple of ErlPrinz's during the Memorial Day sales. One of the few 'original' RBAs offered at an affordable price.

Are they really that much more tricky to wick-up than a KFL. From reading and looking at pictures - just seems you have to be careful getting the wick into the wick channels.

Last edited:

LittleBird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
East Coast, USA
@LittleBird - good to see ya.

Say - wasn't it you who got an Erlkonigin? Do you like it? I picked up a couple of ErlPrinz's during the Memorial Day sales. One of the few 'original' RBAs offered at an affordable price.

Are they really that much more tricky to wick-up than a KFL. From reading and looking at pictures - just seems you have to be careful getting the wick into the wick channels.

Yes, I do have a couple of Erlks and like them a lot. They are a bit trickier to wick; wicked like a KFL, they leak like a sieve! :). The trick is very broad shoulders and very thin wicks in the channels. Thin as in 1/4 the width of the shoulders, at most. I make my first cut to half way in on each shoulder. Then I cut 1/2 of the remaining shoulder off. (Sounds like orthopedic surgery, doesn't it! :)). The part of the wick in the channels should barely touch the deck. They will be so thin that you'll think they won't wick. But they will!

You may want to look at pics much further in on the Erl thread -- pretty close to the end, actually. The wicking that Qorax did initially is not favored by many. Pretty sure that he doesn't do it the same way, anymore.

Hope you like them!

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
@amoret , I'm so sorry to hear about your ankle! How long are you going to be at the a Rehab facility? Awful place, if they won't allow vaping. That's insult to injury! I'm happy to send off a little cosmetics bag with an iStick mini, if that will help. Just PM me ... Oh - and no problem with metal detectors. My ankle has 6 screws and 2 plates, and I go through easy peezy!

LB, We are.trying really hard to get.out of here in July. I would have like to have gone a year ago but..... :lol:

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
thank you so very much...pleased to meet you and all the other new folks to this great back porch. I'm so very happy to be back here again...:wub:

Hiya Yiddle! Glad to see you back! And loved seeing your beauties again! I remember a very long time ago you posted some pictures and I was astonished at how beautiful they are.

Well, I messed up big time on Wednesday. I was "just" taking bread out for the birds and squirrels, and got careless on the small step going out the front door. Managed to thoroughly break both bones in my ankle. So I now have a huge collection of hardware in said ankle and am on no weight bearing for six weeks.:censored::-x

So I'm in a nursing home for rehab until my arm strength is up to holding up my ample weight for one legged walker hopping or six weeks, whichever comes first.

Meanwhile Liz is trying to find a place for Loki to stay, we have the cats set up for a neighbor to check on a couple of times a week, and I am not enjoying communal life on a day persons schedule and food that ranks way low even by hospital standards.:grr:

They couldn't do much of anything on the holiday weekend, including giving me the password for the slow internet connection. I'm not happy in case you couldn't tell.

Oh, and they don't allow vaping, either, of course.

Ugh Amoret, so sorry to hear about your ankle. Yes, I agree, a sprain is much worse than a break so I guess you could count that as a positive. At least they got you put back together, but that food is bound to be heavier than the other one so watch out! Not being able to vape is the pits though. Gotta figure out how to stealth, just don't use a juice that has a lot of scent to it and nobody will know! You can even exhale into a tissue or the blanket and there won't even be any clouds to detect. Hope you have somebody who could bring you a better cosmetics case and there is no reason for anyone to go into that kind of personal belongings.

I sure hope you can progress enough to be able to go home very soon!

Awww, how nice! Glad you had a nice visit!

I just tried it. Anxious to get away from the tobacco flavor...it's like an alcoholic trying to drink near beer. It is strawberry coconutty in the mouth and nose with a peachy finish on the tongue. I thought the peach might overpower it, but it doesn't...just a peachy tang. Sooooooooooooo much better than tobacco mixes and mint I had been using to get my ratios right. Easy peasy and didn't spill a drop. Used 3 ml syringe with 14 gauge needle-less tip (Like they use for essential oils.) for the nic, pg and vg, and a 1ml for the peach. Just used drops for the coconut and strawberry. Made 15 mls. Took about ten minutes. There is no peppery flavor and it's thin enough, yet provides for a good cloud. I likey.
Group HUG for all the support! Yay!
grouphugg.gif

Great! Knew you could do it! Now the world is open to you to try other flavors as well. It's great not to be dependent on an outside source for your juice. You should never fear running out now and you can mix it as strong as you want!

By-the-way, I just finished Red Clay and Roses and loved it! Glad to hear you're writing again!

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA

Well....it's morning for this nocturnal person....lol

Hiya Yiddle! Glad to see you back! And loved seeing your beauties again! I remember a very long time ago you posted some pictures and I was astonished at how beautiful they are.

So glad to be back. I still haven't gone to the fancy little gourmet breakfast cafe down on the corner from me. Something just too lonesome about a single person in a place like that, and too expensive for my budget without a special reason to go there, so........if you and Mike ever make it over this way I can still hobble that far to meet up with ya'.....:)

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
I still haven't gone to the fancy little gourmet breakfast cafe down on the corner from me. Something just too lonesome about a single person in a place like that, and too expensive for my budget without a special reason to go there, so........

Sweet yiddle,

If I ever get up in your neighborhood, I promise ya, it'll be my treat... not counting da customer's entertainment!

Please, just go easy on da perfume in your graphic...

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
I had a strange and interesting dream yesterday morning. Is anyone interested in hearing about it? Lol. I don't do that. I tell you something if I want to, and I want to. So, calling all Freuds!

morning of 5/27/2015 about 8 am

Reality:

I'm drifting back to sleep after being up for an hour or so. I'm watching the “House” episode where the Aussie doc gets stabbed. I have a sore and raw place on my upper back near the cyst that the dermatologist told me just a couple months ago was nothing to worry about.

The dream:

I'm in a hospital emergency room to have something on my back checked out. I'm in the waiting room. We're all told we have to move for some reason to another place in the hospital. To get there we have to go up a couple floors on escalators that are not running, so they are like regular stairs.

I brought my motor scooter into the emergency room with me for some reason, probably because I was afraid it would get stolen if I left it outside. I debate whether to leave it in the ER or take it with me to the new location we've been told to go to. I decide to try and see if I can wrestle the scooter up the stairs. I find that I am able to negotiate it up the stairs, with difficulty, by lifting the front wheel up onto each step. Then someone comes along behind me and lifts up the back of the scooter, making it much easier. They have the end which is not only lower but heavier too, but they handle it fairly easily.

In the new location in the hospital, the scooter is no longer a part of the dream.

I'm on my back on a gurney that has open spaces in the support surface. A nurse or doc asks me how I'm doing and I say the gurney is not supporting me properly. He or she adjusts the wide strips of support material, which are able to slide on the side rails of the gurney, until I'm being properly supported.

A doctor or two and a nurse or two briefly examine my back, maybe do a biopsy or something, and go away. They return shortly. A couple of them are talking to each other but not loud enough for me to hear. Still, I know they're saying something about me. I ask “what is it?” and a doctor who has an uncanny resemblance to the Aussie doc in “House” (accent too) looks into my eyes for a second, as if determining whether to tell me.

Aussie doc then tells me: “Your back is fine, nothing to worry about. The strange thing is there was a 2 year old who died from an infection that you got from a mosquito. You fought it off fine but the 2 year old could not.”

I said: “Well, I guess I can't have any fun, since the FBI now has my DNA profile.”

Aussie doc smiles wryly and kindly and says "that's right". ------end of dream------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread