Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
She hasn't been outside in about two months, since she meandered into my home to live with me:) She had this when she came here but it's gotten worse and very noticeable the last few days.She doesn't act sick tho....she still tears around the place wreaking havoc:D

Unless she's been fighting with herself then...

Hope all turns out well, and minor!

misswish1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
NM
bday choc cake letter candles spell HB_zpsk6holttl.jpg~c100.jpg
Happy Birthday, Ken!!!

misswish1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
NM
Thanks meniere...love that name.....I'll be calling first thing in the morning this little girl has had a tough short life! Abandoned, beaten up, knocked up, starving....
And now she has you! Lots of love and no worries, she landed in the catnip with you. :wub:

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Happy Birthday, Ken! It is your day, enjoy it to the max.

{{{Diver}}}, so sorry that you lost your wife. The memories bring back the emotion and that can be so hard. But one of the things we learned from an organization called TAPS was to remember the love and celebrate the life and it really did help us. How lucky you are to have such wonderful memories.
Thank you, Janet. Our marriage was neither of our first and we were each determined to NOT make the same mistakes we had made prior in life. We didn't drink and didn't allow alcohol in our house. We were both Catholics, her since birth and me by choice, so religion and spirituality played a big part in our life. I'm a firm believer that a shared faith is extremely important for the success of a relationship. My point to this is to say that I have loads of wonderful memories.

{{{BIG HUGS}}} Hope you have a peaceful day!
Thank you, Sushigirl, hugs are always appreciated. I have a peaceful day planned. Even having a plan to thoroughly whip my daughter's tush at Ladder Ball in a little while. The only stress is trying to figure out what to cook for dinner.

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
Good Morning Everyone - Fireworks till all hours of the night - sounded like the neighbors were trying to see who could be the loudest...
We had some booms about three blocks away around 2:30am that would have made any PTSD sufferers climb under the bed. Talk about loud, woke me outta a dead sleep.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
We had some booms about three blocks away around 2:30am that would have made any PTSD sufferers climb under the bed. Talk about loud, woke me outta a dead sleep.
I woke up with a panic attack, but got back to sleep quickly, don't remember any trigger, either dream or sound. Asked a neighbor if someone set off anything close by, and she heard nothing.

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
I have enjoyed setting off fireworks all my life. I don't think anything beats a great backyard display. but, and you knew there was a but, I always took into account the neighbors right to sleep at night. I made sure we quit early enough that the neighbors could get to sleep. Normally that meant around 10PM. Sometimes we would get carried away until around midnight but, that was always at the beach or someplace a little further away from the closeness of my backyard. Seems like that has gone out the window around here. The neighbor directly behind me went on until about midnight and the rest of the neighborhood was still going until around 3AM. Not a cop siren in earshot. Several of the huge booms later in the night sounded suspiciously like shotgun blasts or one of those little brass cannon noisemakers they sell. A few earlier sound like a pistol round or six shot into the air. I doubt it but, how do you know? Anyhow, just shows how little consideration there is for ones neighbors these days.

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
Welp, here I am 4th of July and at work. Fireworks are going off all over the island, and I don't much care to go watch them. I'm just as glad to be at work as anywhere else. At least here I have things to occupy my mind. This afternoon, after I got up and got dressed for work, I started counting all the blessings I have in my life. I had to go there because my mind was wandering off in another direction.

I don't want to rain on anybody's 4th celebration, so I won't go off on a diatribe about what I really think about the state of the US today.
Oh, please... diatribe away. Patriotism is not about blind loyalty. That would be Nationalism... and does not really belong in a free country.
and the U.S. is nominally free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread