Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
Willie !!!! You have me dancing here and I should be working on my Princess Leia costume ;)...........:lol:

.. accuracy is not mandatory although a reasonable facsimile would be, er, pleasing .. ;)

carrie-fisher-posing-seductively-in-a-bikini.jpg

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Good news! Hooray for you!

And more good news ... nice to hear your mood is swinging back.

So what the heck is NiFe52? Am I going to need a chemistry/physics/engineering degree to understand vaping? I'm moving to a state of mind like 'Just vape It' ... kind of tired trying to keep up w/ all the wire and temp stuff.
Well its Nickel 48% Iron 52% IDK much about it works with TC and supposed to be really good. Not sure the settings these guys kinda lose me when they start talking the DNA200 and Escribe which is the computer software you use to set it up. I guess SS certain types can be used in Ti mode but like I say the latest mods are coming out with a firmware that has the TCR for SS also and from what I hear it takes quite a bit of power in preheat to reach temp. YiHi is supposed to come out with a final upgrade for Ti and test for SS next week for the M class. We'll see. Not sure you can use the NiFe with Ni mode or not. Things are moving pretty fast on the TC stuff.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Rats! Those airplane windows are small and low. Had to contort myself just to see the sky and could hardly see any stars at all even at 30,000 ft. Still looked hazy above us, but that may have just been the window, not sure. Anyway, didn't see any meteors. Our daughter's fiancee said the first time he flew a night flight in the helo with night vision goggles it was in the middle of a spectacular meteor storm. He said it was quite distracting. I bet!

Other than that it was a good flight. We landed at 11 p.m. so the ride home was nice without any traffic. It's worth getting in late just for that! Slept late this morning and are scrambling to get ready for a Miles visit today. We're watching him while our son and DIL go out for an anniversary dinner. They'll stay the night which will be a trial run for when we'll have him while they go to a wedding. We missed the little guy while we were in CO.
At least a meteorite did not hit your plane.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Rats! Those airplane windows are small and low. Had to contort myself just to see the sky and could hardly see any stars at all even at 30,000 ft. Still looked hazy above us, but that may have just been the window, not sure. Anyway, didn't see any meteors. Our daughter's fiancee said the first time he flew a night flight in the helo with night vision goggles it was in the middle of a spectacular meteor storm. He said it was quite distracting. I bet!

Other than that it was a good flight. We landed at 11 p.m. so the ride home was nice without any traffic. It's worth getting in late just for that! Slept late this morning and are scrambling to get ready for a Miles visit today. We're watching him while our son and DIL go out for an anniversary dinner. They'll stay the night which will be a trial run for when we'll have him while they go to a wedding. We missed the little guy while we were in CO.
Welcome home, Janet! You too, Mike!

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I just finished making another 100ml of my ADV, Rumchata.
I have a recipe saved that dingercpa posted, is that the one you use, or do you use another one?

If I recall correctly, October is when they migrate south and mass on the water at Cape May.......quite a sight to see if you ever have the chance to witness it, which is why they were on monarch watch....;)
Never seen it in person, but saw a documentary about it, it was amazing. I can only imagine in person. IIRC, it takes like 3 generations or so to complete it.

I piloted two RC quadcopter flights today.
kewl!!

oh that is neat!! the crafter in me sees this as the ultimate die cutting machine!

Left out again! Deb, get 'cher fry'n pan!
Got it! Am I whackin meteors, or the weathermen?
There will be another Oct 22nd, hopefully we'll be able to see that one

I think I just needed to talk to someone about my problems and I did and I feel better.
Soooooooo glad you opened up and are feeling better!!!

We missed the little guy while we were in CO.
Glad y'all are home safe and sound.

Matt, so glad Abby is doing better, and nearly healed up!

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
By the way Mike the Ti works really well and it works on the DNA40 but you would have to look into the temp settings for that. For my SX's in Ni mode it is between 260-290F at about 15J but with the DNA you would have to look up the watts and the temp because I know it's different. I think its a little higher then mine. Make sure you get annealed much easier to work with although the Unkamen isn't too bad it's supposed to be partially annealed whatever that means I have that and Crazy Wire and the CW is easier to work with but I got it from the UK so expensive shipping.

Last edited:

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Me either.

This is exactly why I don't worry about you .. ;) .. "Pat may be the strongest guy I know" .. if the fit hits the shan, he'll figure out a way .. come Hell or Low Water .. ;) .. we are composed of such a Motley Crew, in fact, we should do our own version of the Wizard of Oz .. ;)

Feel free to reach out any time, though .. :)

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Got it! Am I whackin meteors, or the weathermen?
There will be another Oct 22nd, hopefully we'll be able to see that one

Whack the planet & knock it around enough that we get to see some of these things! You might have to whack more than once...

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
I now relinquish the soap box to The Most Honorable Dave, who, if he so chooses, can expound on why News reporting today is as good or better than it was in Days Long Past .. ;)
In Days Long Past there were no stations dedicated to round-the-clock news. So, it would be a comparison of things that don't have enough similarities to make any comparison valid.

If it's any comfort, I went out at 10pm and then again at 4am and stood there looking into the northern sky for 10 minutes each time, and saw zilch. It was not the most crystal clear of nights, a little hazy.

So I have been Googling for tanks for quite a while but no vendor jumps out at me. I'm trying to find the Aspire Atlantis V2. Anyone know this vendor?
Not to complicate things further, but even though I'm a big fan of the Aspire Nautilus, I much prefer the Kanger Subtank to the Aspire Atlantis for low ohm or TC vaping. The Atlantis I tried, though, was the V1. I don't know about the V2.

I'm toying with the idea of driving to town for a pizza. Something I haven't been able to do for a long time.

A few seconds of video from today's Phantom 3 quad copter flight:

mmsjs5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Illinois
:offtopic:So I have been Googling for tanks for quite a while but no vendor jumps out at me. I'm trying to find the Aspire Atlantis V2. Anyone know this vendor?

I ordered an iStick 40W from them in September. It took a week to receive it. Didn't have to deal with customer service. :)

Use coupon code - vapingcheap - for 5% off, according to http://vapingcheap.com/my-vape-deal-coupon-code/ .

I didn't try the code, so don't know if it's still good. :)

Last edited:

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
I've been watching BBC as my main news source lately. There are FAR fewer advertisements, and far less time spent promoting upcoming stories, making it much less aggravating to watch.

Apparently, although sometimes I feel like I am one of the 3 people in the USA to watch BBC America .. I would like to mention that they have done a TV adaptation of Bernard Cornwell's "The Last Kingdom" and it starts tomorrow, OCT 10th .. I'm looking forward to it, as Cornwell is one of my favorite authors of historical novels ..

If you get BBC America, I'd also highly recommend "Orphan Black" .. "Being Human" .. "Atlantis" .. "Merlin" .. "Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell" .. "Luther" .. and, of course, their news ..

EDIT .. for those that have Netflix, some of the BBC shows are there as well ..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread