Status
Not open for further replies.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Me neither. Typing on my phone is a typo pita.
do you have the kind where you just run your finger from one letter to the next and lift up when the word is done, or actually have to hit each letter? First time I saw son and dil just running their finger over the keyboard it freaked me out. But was kinda neat once I tried it and got a bit used to it when son was in the hospital. Had to text a lot with dil using his phone

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
The more tech in a car the more things to go wrong.
fuel injection and electronic engine control is nice but beyond that....
was just saying the same to my son when I told him about the 800.00 key, he was saying his mil's car has a keyless ignition, but something (not sure if it's door key, or if it has keyless entry, but something has to be inside the car or the car won't start. I told him, yeah, but wait til that breaks, no tellin what that would cost to fix! Not a car thief expert, but I expect most cars that were stolen when we just used a key to unlock the door, were NOT because someone actually had the key, or had made a copy of it. Maybe, but I would be surprised if that were the case. So I see no need for all the fancy schmancy crap except that they can produce it cheap and charge a fortune for it, and make you feel like you're safer

garyoa1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Bin sayin for years. Some day a hacker is going to stand on a bridge overpass and send a command to go fast, turn left. And a few hundred cars head off the hi way at hi speed. :(

And most of this carp is just ridiculous. No need for it.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Bin sayin for years. Some day a hacker is going to stand on a bridge overpass and send a command to go fast, turn left. And a few hundred cars head off the hi way at hi speed. :(

totally agree. They can't keep a simple pc from being hacked, now they want driverless cars??? Some teenager is gonna be playin bumper cars on the hwy

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
do you have the kind where you just run your finger from one letter to the next and lift up when the word is done, or actually have to hit each letter? First time I saw son and dil just running their finger over the keyboard it freaked me out. But was kinda neat once I tried it and got a bit used to it when son was in the hospital. Had to text a lot with dil using his phone
I can do either one, but fingers don't go where I think they did. I also have the auto spell thingie, & a built in stylus I can pull out & use. I miss my Blackberry. I had a flip top case for it. I bent the front cover all the way back & flipped the snap tongue over & snapped it. That held the cover open & created a flap on the back that I could slip the fingers of one hand through to hold it solidly & I typed on the bby keyboard wth my thumbs. I could type like crazy with that set up. I wish I could find a cover for my Note 2 like that. The one I have does it but I have to do it in portrait position in order to reach the whole screen, but I cna.hold it better with the.snapped cover in landscape position. Just can't reach all the letters. I don't get along with touch screens. I'm always touching things I shouldn't. [emoji12]

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA

Yep! I don't want a car that wants to drive or apply brakes for me.

garyoa1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Marketing today: How can we take something incredibly stupid and cheap to make and hype it like it's better than sliced bread? And charge a fortune. Or two.
They've been doin it with phones for years. $900 for something that costs like $50 to produce in volume. (if that)

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I'm always touching things I shouldn't.
emoji12.png
and we learn more and more about you each day! hehehe I hear ya. It hasn't had service to it for many years, but I have a motorola backflip phone with a landscape keyboard, I love it! But I do like the bigger screens on the note phones my son has. He has a note 3 right now, but has a prior note somewhere that he can't find. Said I could use that like a pdf, he found it, said he had to delete some military stuff from it, moved again and promptly lost it again lol

Gary, probably more like 5.00 to make I imagine

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
Not to mention the one for my taurus cost 80.00 to get a spare made. They are less for other makes, but apparently either ford's in general or taurus' are pretty pricey.

My neighbor had to make a spare for her Toyota - one of those computer chip kind of keys - $300...

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
The more tech in a car the more things to go wrong.

My cousin has one that talks to her - tells her when to shift gears - tells her about approaching traffic, braking - just about everything. I would not last 3 days with a car that told me how to drive...

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Ok so I fell.asleep in my chair. I was smoking two packs of roll.your own cigarettes every day at the end of my journey. So I walk into this flea market, looking for a new Zippo actually. The Zippo guy was closed early, so I figured id just walk around. I was ....... I seen a vape sign.... Walked up, started talking, ended up trying a flavor, talked into an ego-t, haven't touched an analog since, that was Nov last year.... Learned a lot of stuff the first month, got into rebuilding and mechs (yes I learned all the safety hazards, ohms, resistance, Amps, before). Then I started in on box mods. So here I am almost a year later with 6 box mods, but my daily setup right now is main: Ipv3li with dark horse RDA, .2 dual coils at 80watts. Backup/driving: Sigelei150 with smok tfv4 tri coil at 75 watts. all max vg 6mg juice always. I'm a custard/dessert fiend.

Welcome Savin! Glad to have you. Wow, you really jumped in! I think it took us 2 years before we had a collection and felt like we really understood what this vaping thing was all about. Good for you! I remember way back (4 years) when we first started, I thought the eGo felt so big! Now I'm pretty much using box mods, well, except for my 1 Provari mini that still gets used sometimes. Are you mixing any of your own liquids yet?

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Hey Y'all. I'm way behind, so I don't think I'm even going to try to catch up. I'll have hell typing this much out anyway.

I know I haven't been in here this work hitch very much. My mama always taught me that if you don't have anything nice to say, not to say anything at all. So, not having anything of interest, or anything good to say, I've been pretty quiet. My left hand has been giving me hell this hitch, and it's got me in a fairly grouchy mood. I've been pretty testy this hitch, and had to apologize to my boss for being such a beast. Being in pain 24/7 is NOT my idea of a good work hitch, and I have one extra day to do on Thursday. :-x

I'm just NOT the best company to be around right now.

Awww Roto, so sorry you're having a bad time with your hand. Better go get it checked out. No need to put up with it because there's probably something that will give you relief and maybe not even a complicated fix. Didn't you say you see a chiropractor? You should let them know about it. Chiropractic is not just for backs. Over the years they've fixed elbows and wrists for us. Hopefully you have a good one who will tell you straight up if you should be seeing a different doc.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
My cousin has one that talks to her - tells her when to shift gears - tells her about approaching traffic, braking - just about everything. I would not last 3 days with a car that told me how to drive...
Me neither! And I do not want an Ooma or Seri, or Google talking to me either. That just creeps me out. No disembodied voices! I even tell the voices in my head to shut up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread