Not open for further replies.

mmsjs5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Illinois
Well it says protection soooo.....
Did anyone even look at the link & read the info?

Looked at the link and watched a youtube video :). Looks like it's a nice durable mod, simple to operate, plenty of oomph, and the lifetime warranty is definitely a plus. Go for it! :vapor:

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Whew! That was close! I came home from work, paycheck deposited, ready to do some online Black Friday shopping, and . . . . No Connection!

But, I'm back online now. Of course, all I plan on buying is batteries from RTD. I really, really need batteries!

So, glad to be back online with all my friends (and RTD).

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Well it says protection soooo.....
Did anyone even look at the link & read the info?

I did, I did. :) But I didn't watch the video. Having the 'marking's on the pot is workable but personally I'd still miss a batt gauge. I suppose you'd get used to it though. Like when I used mech's a lot ... I got used to knowing when the batt needed changing just by how the vape changed. But if this one regulates voltage how do you know when the batt gets low?

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Batteries ordered. Page with all the Black Friday specials closed down.

It's really fast to do all your Black Friday shopping when you don't have much money! But, I finally won't have to scrounge so much to find batteries. Kind of. I really needed more.

Maybe it's time to start looking at my collection of mods based on the batteries they take. That way I wouldn't be ordering 2 of this, 2 of that, 2 of another, . . . . . Just order one (at most, 3) different kinds of batteries and be done with it.

I use 7 different kinds of batteries. Four different sizes, several button-top, several flat-top. That's ridiculous!

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Batteries ordered. Page with all the Black Friday specials closed down.

It's really fast to do all your Black Friday shopping when you don't have much money! But, I finally won't have to scrounge so much to find batteries. Kind of. I really needed more.

Maybe it's time to start looking at my collection of mods based on the batteries they take. That way I wouldn't be ordering 2 of this, 2 of that, 2 of another, . . . . . Just order one (at most, 3) different kinds of batteries and be done with it.

I use 7 different kinds of batteries. Four different sizes, several button-top, several flat-top. That's ridiculous!

We were like that for a couple years. Had every variation/size from 14500's to 18650's. Still have a lot of them but now only use 18490's and 18350's. Everything else is either an inbuilt batt or a PV w/ a replaceable 18650 with USB charging built in so no battery swapping 'till they die.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
I did, I did. :) But I didn't watch the video. Having the 'marking's on the pot is workable but personally I'd still miss a batt gauge. I suppose you'd get used to it though. Like when I used mech's a lot ... I got used to knowing when the batt needed changing just by how the vape changed. But if this one regulates voltage how do you know when the batt gets low?
I can tell when mine starts to go down. But i think with it being duel batt they'll last longer, & I can check & chan ge daily.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
We were like that for a couple years. Had every variation/size from 14500's to 18650's. Still have a lot of them but now only use 18490's and 18350's. Everything else is either an inbuilt batt or a PV w/ a replaceable 18650 with USB charging built in so no battery swapping 'till they die.
As a matter of fact, that's the only reason I never tried a 26650 mod. I didn't want to add another battery size to the mix.

My favorite, in theory is the 18490/18500. Not quite so large as an 18650, but more lasting power than an 18350. But, I'm starting to wonder. They don't seem to last that much longer than 350's to me! Maybe . . . .

Oh, well. I've already ordered them for now. Next year I'll decide.

But, I did save about $18 by waiting for the sale!

ETA: Wait a minute. What happened to Janet's 14500 Rider Robusts? All gone?

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
I have 2 MVP 2.0'S, an Eleaf 20w, & a Hana mini with built in batteries. My HANA 40w tc takes removeable batteries or I can change out. My dead Hana, (moment of silence, please), is still needing repair. I'll upgrade it to 40w when I do that. I'm not getting anything else that I can't change batteries in, & keeping them all 18650's.

misswish1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
NM
Dumb question of the day, (that I should know already but don't). A built-in battery mod is a paperweight when the battery dies. What about a replaceable battery mod, like a Cloupor Mini+ ? If the board dies, will it still work like a mech? Or should I start looking at mech's and more Reo's? I need more education :oops:

Anyone? Pretty please?

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Anyone? Pretty please?
I'm sorry. I really don't know. I've heard somewhere on ECF about certain mods that will still work as mechs if the electronics die. They were talking about it as if that was unusual.

But, an extra mech never hurts, just in case.

Hopefully someone a little more in-the-know will help you out.

Anyone?

therussellv

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Winters, Texas
I have 2 MVP 2.0'S, an Eleaf 20w, & a Hana mini with built in batteries. My HANA 40w tc takes removeable batteries or I can change out. My dead Hana, (moment of silence, please), is still needing repair. I'll upgrade it to 40w when I do that. I'm not getting anything else that I can't change batteries in, & keeping them all 18650's.
All of mine take replaceable batteries, couple of mini mechs with 350s, some regulated and mechs at 650, and some honcho mechs that use 26650s, oh, and a flaslight that uses either 18650s or 26650s
[emoji12]

Last stinkie 10/15/2013

therussellv

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Winters, Texas
Anyone? Pretty please?
As far as i know, when the board dies, its dead, hasnt happened to me yet, thats why i have some of both, and the regulated mods i buy have a reputation for resiliancy.

Last stinkie 10/15/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread