Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
After 4 years of being together on the same porches ???.... WOW, I really made an impression[emoji38]

Thanks Mike, I was trying to find that page :tumble:
I see the options have more choices now ...
Think I can handle it without imposing on anyone ..otherwise I'll be back :blush:
Thanks for all the offers of help everyone.
It would never be an imposition, Slots! We loves ya!

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
View attachment 529764 Today is my official
2 year vapeversary!!! Never thought it could happen. Thank you, my friends, it is because of all of you that I made it.

congratulations.png

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Well no news is good news. She showed me a thing at the end of my stump. They can't tell if its some kind of a bone disease or disorder or if it is just something from the amputation. So have to see the Orthopedic Surgeon that put my Femur back together. She didn't think it was anything but have to make sure. She told me that a bone bruise like I am pretty sure is all I have takes 6 weeks to heal. But it seems to be getting better. I am at least able to hobble along with a cane.

Yeah this isn't the guy that amputated but he did get a good look at my leg when I broke the Femur which was after amputation. Good doctor. Dr. Bone good name for an orth surgeon huh?
I'm so glad things are looking up, Legs!

Dr. Bone? :lol:

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Happy Vapersary!! Congratulations!!
Hey Roto I told the hubby about you getting into the spirit of Mardi Gras on the way to work (or at least the parade). He enjoyed that one immensely and said to thank you for the much needed chuckle. Then he told me the following story to pass to you.

When he and his brothers were teenagers the country folks down the river where his family are from used to keep the OLD tradition of riding mardi gras. For those that don't know what that means. They would dress up and get on horses and ride up and down the river stopping at each farm house asking for a contribution for the community gumbo to be cooked at the church that afternoon. Copious amounts of alcohol were usually passed among the riders.

Well one year his 3 brothers decided to ride mardi gras with their older uncles and cousins. They get to the house of one particularly noted cantankerous lady and the brothers are urged to go knock on the door. When the lady comes to the door she says "Why sure boys you can each have a chicken...If ya can catch one."

THose 3 boys chased those birds for the better part of 45 minutes through the muddy farmyard before the youngest knocked on the door and said to the lady " I thank you maam but I just can't catch one I will be riding on.

The lady chuckled and said "Son, I just wanted ta see if y'ad do it. Go git ya one out of the freezer n the back porch!"

umanbean

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2009
Georgia, USA
Seems like we need a lot more information about this!!

Apple Pie Moonshine-

In a (very) large pot, add 1 gal. apple juice, 1 gal. apple cider, slowly heat to almost boiling. Slowly stir in 2 cups white sugar, 2 cups brown sugar, then several cinnamon sticks and 1 tsp. apple pie spice. Reduce heat, cover, simmer about 45-60 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool to room temp. Add a fifth of Everclear 190 proof and a fifth of vodka. Take out cinnamon sticks and cut in half or thirds, placing pieces into clean qt. Mason jars. Add mixture into Mason jars, I use a ladle and funnel and leave about 1.5" of headroom, seal with new clean tops and rings. Label with name, date, and (optionally) a warning to not drink too much at a time - it's sweet, tasty, and potent... you can't even taste the alcohol, but it's there baby!

The above is the "general" recipe. I have a couple of extra ingredients and a few techniques - to add that 'special touch' ;) Here's one: Use only clear, filtered apple cider packaged in glass jugs, not cider with 'dregs' settled on the bottom, and no plastic jugs. Apple juice from plastic containers is OK. Another: a touch of lemon juice - just a touch!

Note: This stuff will sneak up on ya before you know it! And it's so good, most folks just want to keep on sipping. Imbibe with care.

Note2: It gets even better with time. If you plan to give as holiday gifts, as I do, make it well in advance - as soon as apple cider hits store shelves in Fall. You can find the cider in the refrigerated juice section of the store.

ETA: This does not have to be refrigerated, in fact it tastes better at room temp.

View attachment 529764 Today is my official
2 year vapeversary!!! Never thought it could happen. Thank you, my friends, it is because of all of you that I made it.

CONGRATULATIONS on 2 years! It just gets easier from here...

And I feel the same way about the ever-helpful, ever-encouraging, I'm-so-fortunate-to-have-found-it Support Group we have here...

Took 7 hours in two planes to do it, but finally got away from the snow today.

Still have your shirt huh?... be careful my friend, be very careful. :D

But it seems to be getting better. I am at least able to hobble along with a cane.

Patrick, so glad you're feeling better... hope it just keeps on getting better for ya. Good luck at the Docs'

Last edited:

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2009
NE Florida
upload_2016-2-11_7-54-15.jpeg

Well no news is good news. She showed me a thing at the end of my stump. They can't tell if its some kind of a bone disease or disorder or if it is just something from the amputation. So have to see the Orthopedic Surgeon that put my Femur back together. She didn't think it was anything but have to make sure. She told me that a bone bruise like I am pretty sure is all I have takes 6 weeks to heal. But it seems to be getting better. I am at least able to hobble along with a cane.
Let's continue to hope that it's a bone bruise that is just taking a long time in healing. :)
Pulling for you, Pat!

Last edited:

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
Leaving Minneapolis yesterday. Raleigh to Minneapolis was in a Canada Regional Jet. Minneapolis to Vegas was in a much more spacious and comfortable Airbus 320.
TakingOffFromMSP.jpg

The brown foothills in the picture below fascinated me... totally uniform in color, very desolate-looking, and beautiful! This was about half an hour before landing in Vegas.

BrownHills021016_029.jpg

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
Good morning Porchers

For my southern friends who are feeling the chill....

it's well below freezing here in mid.Mi. and it'll remain this way for about a week..with temps. well below freezing..think 0degrees... at night.

I just turned on the faucets in both bathrooms to a low stream...Tukii will have flowing fresh water for a while:D

Going to the store in a while to stock up on coffee:D

Atchafalaya

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2013
Central Texas
misswish2 ~ SO proud of you - Happy Vaperversary!!! Yay!!!! Way to go!!!!!!!!!

Yes! Happy vaperversary!
My friend is doing much better. She is out of ICU now and in a regular room. Sorry I haven't been on here much. Just exhausted from work and hospital visits. And @Debadoo , thank you for letting everyone know their prayers were answered. This was a scary scary situation.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Yes! Happy vaperversary!
My friend is doing much better. She is out of ICU now and in a regular room. Sorry I haven't been on here much. Just exhausted from work and hospital visits. And @Debadoo , thank you for letting everyone know their prayers were answered. This was a scary scary situation.
Happy to hear she's so much better, Atcha! ICU to a regular room is a big step! Did they figure out what happened? Still praying!

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
Yeah this isn't the guy that amputated but he did get a good look at my leg when I broke the Femur which was after amputation. Good doctor. Dr. Bone good name for an orth surgeon huh?
Almost a foregone conclusion that he would be an ortho guy. I though you were kidding the first time you mentioned him. :)

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA

I worked for a GP, Dr. Foote who had a brother who actually was a podiatrist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread