Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
A tale of Provarinatitarianism:

Back on Black Friday I bought five supposedly blemished Provari 2.5 mods because the price seemed too good to pass up. I had planned to get them all into other hands without ever using one myself. In fact, I could not use one because I didn't have any batteries for them and I was not inclined to buy yet another battery size.

But, months later, I had only pawned off 3 of them on other unsuspecting souls.

So, I ended up buying an extension cap from Provape a little over a week ago so that I could use the one button-top 18650 that I do have.

Big mistake... I'm being drawn by some prime evil primeval force to the vapor quality. I mean, it couldn't really be true that Provaris have some kind of smoother power delivery system, could it? It's just my imagination, right?

Provari does have a high frequency 800hz buck/boost converter frequency that smooths out the voltage and makes it more like true DC voltage on a scope, but that smooths out the hiss and sizzle from the atomizer. You get less of a rattlesnake sound from the atty. I don't think it necessarily does much for vape quality.

If you screw one of those 510 digital voltmeters on a Provari you get an accurate voltage reading instead of flashing 8's.

Last edited:

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
I swear I've just got this mental block. I cannot make heads or tails of amps, watts, voltage and how they interact in a vaping device. It's like listening to a foreign language. So I'm really hoping it's not a requirement. I just need a chart with the low to highest numbers and stay in the range. Not being particularly interested in such is not helping. Rrrrrrr. I'm an intelligent woman, but this subject beats me every single time I approach it.
With the device you are getting you do not need to know that stuff. If the atty is in a safe range for the device it will fire. If it is not it won't. That is really all you need to know.

You don't really NEED (as in for safety reasons) to know all the numbers until you get into a mech type device which is why I said the REO was a skip over for you right now. Even then there are calculators on the Web that make the Maths easy.

What dancing was describing was the theory behind the changes from one version of the Provari to the next one. In actual use though it is the same as the device you will get in that it either will fire the atty or it will not. There is no safety issue the Provari takes care of the maths.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
A tale of Provarinatitarianism:

Back on Black Friday I bought five supposedly blemished Provari 2.5 mods because the price seemed too good to pass up. I had planned to get them all into other hands without ever using one myself. In fact, I could not use one because I didn't have any batteries for them and I was not inclined to buy yet another battery size.

But, months later, I had only pawned off 3 of them on other unsuspecting souls.

So, I ended up buying an extension cap from Provape a little over a week ago so that I could use the one button-top 18650 that I do have.

Big mistake... I'm being drawn by some prime evil primeval force to the vapor quality. I mean, it couldn't really be true that Provaris have some kind of smoother power delivery system, could it? It's just my imagination, right?

Welcome to the dark side? If you bought them during the Night of the Vixen ... they were closeouts not blems.

I do believe I have found a beater mod that I won't be afraid of dropping or taking out of the house. Me thinks my next purchase will be Kangertech Drip box Starter Kit

Even with spare build decks I can come in way under $50 and no risk to my REOs

EDIT: Vape? this is in no way shape or form a beginner mod. This be a skip over for you. :)

Nice, that does look like an inexpensive way to try sequonking.

@MikeE3 somewhere in the back of my mind it seems like you were asking about bottles with red snap on tips......maybe not, or maybe it wasn't you, but are these them? Coulda been Janet, dunno

Amazon.com: Boston Round Plastic Bottle w. Yorker Spout Cap 120mL 4oz LDPE PE - 12 Pack: Kitchen & Dining

Thanks Deb, but I was look for red caps that fit luer lock plastic needle tips. Like this:

Green%20Tip_zpsbgo7i5qx.png

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Thanks Deb, but I was look for red caps that fit luer lock plastic needle tips. Like this:
Mike try MyFreedom smokes I know that is where I got heavy gauge luer lock needles that had those caps on them.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I like the 50ml bottles that have the small tips that perfectly fit the side or bottom fill holes on a Kayfun 3.1. Dekang from E-Liquid Market and Hangsen from Madvapes both have those. It's just too easy to pop the allen screw out and fill the Kayfun without dealing with needles.

You guys are probably using the Luer Lock plastic needle tips for DIY mixing, though. You need calibrated syringes for that, not the bottles I mentioned.

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
FWIW, I ordered 4 50ml bottles of Dekang juice from E-Liquid Market in Birmingham, AL on Thursday. My tracking number says it's out for delivery right now on Saturday. I'm loving the service I get from those people. Granted, they are only one state over from me, but they are on the ball with order filling and shipping and the juice is great stuff! It's $10.95 for 50ml, any flavor, any nic strength.

Last edited:

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
I do believe I have found a beater mod that I won't be afraid of dropping or taking out of the house. Me thinks my next purchase will be Kangertech Drip box Starter Kit

Even with spare build decks I can come in way under $50 and no risk to my REOs

EDIT: Vape? this is in no way shape or form a beginner mod. This be a skip over for you. :)
I have one of these and really enjoy it. It is my sqounk on a budget device. Good flavor and a beater for use outside. I have it with me now sitting on the patio keeping an eye on my smoker and listening to Yanni on my ipod.

medleypat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2016
Frankfort Indiana
I swear I've just got this mental block. I cannot make heads or tails of amps, watts, voltage and how they interact in a vaping device. It's like listening to a foreign language. So I'm really hoping it's not a requirement. I just need a chart with the low to highest numbers and stay in the range. Not being particularly interested in such is not helping. Rrrrrrr. I'm an intelligent woman, but this subject beats me every single time I approach it.
Don't worry about for now just stay with premade coils just don't go over the max watt for them (you can find that info on most websites that sell them or some companies put a card in the box) or ask on here and all will be good.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
I have one of these and really enjoy it. It is my sqounk on a budget device. Good flavor and a beater for use outside. I have it with me now sitting on the patio keeping an eye on my smoker and listening to Yanni on my ipod.
YAY! Nice to hear it is working so well for you. Yep that is my plan. This will be my go outside with me Mod. Mods have a bad habit of falling out of my purse and hitting the concrete. Bad hands days I might just have trouble holding on to them. I really need something I wont worry about dropping or loosing.

lulu836

Jambalya, crawfish pie, 'da filé gumbo
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2011
Shreveport
THere is a reason I have not had Vodka since I was 19....Trust me it does NOT go with everything!

In a galaxy far away and a very long time ago...........
It was the morning after a wedding the night before. Ya' know how after a night of jocularity and alcoholic beverages, the next morning's light is tinged slightly red 'cause you eyeballs are bleeding and the bird cage seems to be missing the paper in the bottom because apparently you snacked on it at some point during the revelry? "Any hair of the dog" was my mission. To keep on topic: Vape on!!!

Sir Kadly

Tootle Wompin' Squonkaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2015
    Michiana
    were you using FA or TFA? FA would probably be about 3%

Butttttt sailor jerry's rum and dr pepper with a spritz of lime is quite tasty! :)
    Nope Nope Nope!:mad: The only type of pop (soda, whatever they call it in your neck of the woods) that should ever be mixed with rum is COKE! And for y'all southerners don't you dare ask what kind of coke, not all pop is coke regardless of what y'all think.:rolleyes: Coke means Coca Cola and that's all it means.:D
    {hides before the soda vs pop vs coke arguments get started}

Iffy

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 3, 2011
    Florida Suncoast
    She asked about the 30 but said she was PIF'd a 40.

Yepper, I thought I had read iStick40 also. So found da post.

... an I stick 40 with nautilus. Including extra coils...

Hopefully it is da TC40W, in dat it has a 'stealth mode where when vaping da display is blank (hold 'fire' and 'down' buttons fer 5 seconds to change mode). To check your settings, just press da 'fire' button quickly and da display will show your settings.

Also, da TC40 has TC (temp) functions fer later on, if so desired.

Sir Kadly

Tootle Wompin' Squonkaholic
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2015
    Michiana
    I just don't get the latest, greatest 5000 watt furnace.
    But it's the clouds man. You gotta be able to make clouds so big the National Weather Service can see them.
    Err, excuse me, forgot who I was talking to for a minute. Let me fix that spelling. It's the clowdz man!

Kenna

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 14, 2014
    Texas, USA
    You really believe that the taste is affected by the device? I'm so curious to try vaping at a different level. Will be quite a treat. I'm Getting ready to blow this weeks spending money on more flavours to try. Looked at giant vapes , but the names aren't descriptive. Would take forever to read them all. I am gonna try watermelon, just appeals for some reason, maybe add a bit of wintergreen. Favorite pre made vendors? I've tried vaporfi, Mt. Baker, vape wild, and vapor empire uk. No clear favourites yet, but need to order all from one each time because of the shipping

it is a thirty that's coming, not forty. So thanks for the new video.
    Watermelon & wintergreen could be a good vape. Melons are nice with a minty menthol. Think Mojito's.

mmsjs5

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 29, 2009
    Illinois
    Yepper, I thought I had read iStick40 also. So found da post.

Hopefully it is da TC40W, in dat it has a 'stealth mode where when vaping da display is blank (hold 'fire' and 'down' buttons fer 5 seconds to change mode). To check your settings, just press da 'fire' button quickly and da display will show your settings.

Also, da TC40 has TC (temp) functions fer later on, if so desired.

Thanks for that @Iffy :thumb: , I'm usually pretty good at remembering stuff like that, and forgetting other kinds of stuff. The brain is a mysterious thing.

I have to admit, I went looking for that post too, but thought maybe something changed, so didn't say anything more. :)

Kenna

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 14, 2014
    Texas, USA
    Me, too. I know what I like to vape at, & I know I buy good batteries & mods that can handle anything I would throw at them since I've never built coils below .8 ohms. I'm normally at 1.3 to 1.5 ohms on my coils. My devices are regulated & protected.

Kenna

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 14, 2014
    Texas, USA
    Thank you... Bout ready to bang my head against the wall. I sincerely hope I'm not the only one stumped by these things. And if I don't need to know it, that's a relief. Only my pride gets hurt. I can live with that.
    Stop thinking about it until you get your new devices. Then come to the Porch & we'll walk you through it. Or pm the person that sent them. That would be best.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread