Older Folks and Vaping Back Porch - Part Seven

Status
Not open for further replies.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
I see that T is going to take on the opioid crisis next week. I wish they would quit calling it that and say what it is H crisis. It’s all youngest people that are killing them self but that isn’t who it affects. They will still get what they are after no matter how many rules they put on docs. Seems to me they are going about this all wrong. This is IMO but they are so worried about all the OD problems in W Virginia. People have been on them for years and no OD’s. Take them resposibly as prescribed don’t sell them on the street, most like me wouldn’t even know how. That’s who they are trying to stop but I don’t see that,that is who is affected (did I use the right one Bells). That’s my rant for the week.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
My Gdaughter went to a concert in Phoenix last weekend. Someone I never heard of called Macklemore had quite a write up about what happened at the end of the concert. Google that if interested. She told us she is planning on moving back in if Jacob gets sent to S Korea for a year when and if he does when he comes back he will get a new assignment in the states,so she will put their stuff in storage with the AF till he does. Evidently they are shipping a lot of his jobs people their. So that’s my weekly roundup. Got an appointment at the VA for Geoburden to see if I can see a doctor here instead of Seattle. If I could eat anything I want and walk as far as I used to wouldn’t be such a problem. It would be doable but would have to drive and stay at MIL house so we could get around and eat what I can,but doable.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
So that’s my story and I am sticking to it.
Okay we went to the cardiologist earlier todahy with Peter and this time I went with him. For whatever reason/s, he insisted I do not go with him to his earlier appointments, but then after each appointment he said oh I wish you were there to remember half of what he said. I could say something funny here but I'm not in a very funny mood right now but I'll get over it like I get over everything else. :)

Since two of his sisters suffered strokes within three weeks of one another back in August, the logical step would to be test his carotid, right off the getgo, for goodness sake!!!! DUH. His lungs are clear so that ruled out walking pneumonia.
At one point my dear man made the comment that three of his women were sick in the hospital so his stress factor had to be through the roof. That type of stress would make anyone ill.

Bottom line is the 24th he will have an echo Doppler contrast along with carotid Doppler the very next day on the 25th. He will also undergo a stress test. Now all of this will be done within a two-day span because they finally see the seriousness of his symptoms. No, doctors, it wasn't his back, he was short of breath and while the back could have been a factor, the first line of defense, with a heart patient who has had three heart attacks is to check the heart and carotid artery ! Another DUH.
His cardiologist saw the fire in my eyes and became very attentive and answered each of my questions to my satisfaction.

My anger has surfaced on this post and I apologize for that!
Now I need to get rid of this anger and turn it into something productive like taking care of my man.
I feel your pain about this type of thing,seems like it happens all the time, which makes me wonder if they don’t like to do expensive tests because they are not going to get paid enough. That’s one thing I really like about th VA is they don’t play that game and why I’d like to stay with them on lung problems. They have followed it closely for 3 years and have the records.

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2009
NE Florida
Hard to imagine that 'lil 'dynamo' in that condition! Prayers out...
Yes, and even more difficult to watch. He's a fighter though, and I have every confidence he will beat whatever the hell this is!

Peter will be just fine n dandy, he's a tuff ole codger:p..."sides, he has you so he's in excellent hands! And i'm glad that you have family there so you're not alone and stressing out too much.
Kay, you couldn't have said it any better! Tough guy, marshmallow heart, he is! Having our 'kids' here is a gift.

Praying for a fast return to his normal self... Take care...
Thanks, Phil....all your prayers are gratefully received.

You be sure to tell him lots of prayers coming from the porch and we're all pulling for him.
Thanks Mike, and I will surely tell him.

(((hugs))) for Peter !
Thanks, Classy Lady!!

Praying for Peter!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
Much appreciated, Kenna!

Oh no! I hope they figure out what's going on with him. Maybe he's just low on something like iron and some supplements will cure him. It's hard to imagine him being listless! Tell him I'm sending him a virtual hug!!

That's nice that you're able to work things out with your daughter and SIL. You're creating some nice memory days with them!
Janet, it was the intermittent shortness of breath that had me questioning the contrast MRI on the back.....of course, I'm a layperson, but when you're short of breath, isn't it logical to check the lungs, heart or some related artery, etc. Could have been pneumonia, but that was ruled out
Yes, having the 'kids' here is such a true blessing....they run errands, and have been doing the cooking, shopping and just all around supporting us. I am truly blessed and so grateful!

Has he tried any CBD products, Hemp Lucid in CA do a good one for tired/listlessness called MCT, our vape shop over here sells 4 different types of their products, and they are very good, very minimal T H C so no Highs, their other juices are mainly helpful for relaxing and pain relief, worth taking a look at.
Bob, if I thought that medium chain triglycerides (MCT) oil would have done the trick, he would have had them by now. We keep a hefty supply in the fridge. I am looking into CBD products however, for an entirely different medical condition.
Unfortunately, as much as I abhor conventional medicine, that's the route we have to take now. I will re-introduce the holistic aspect during and after, but we need these mainstream doctors now until we get him back to a place where we can feel safe. But thank you so much for your suggestions!
@Flowersoul ...There are just no suitable icons on the "like" bar to use...:cry:

A6khUTGNncsu8TIS9fX64lMc0VAD5u0n9sQ5n2V5aSCC1djfLbQL56xO__O9ic__tZ-1mbB2O2-_pjEogQAjNI9lgk63ZhOVd9Vl_DPI0BKPQxTSeZqy8aOAh2SMr3jfymdTXPoz1-newgPa-on-ismJuLq6GytFKykLw8zSVbHBe4MOZYrrfzCA1TJJLUiecUxdiwSPTYX0h578N_VBLTo-EVj3M4lmCeXbfqeOIeLD6MMVgcdX9X1sXiu3i5F0m2MdWbTHXElogx0jcJW1BqxL8FJ6q_8cFR56--Dyi_y5lH_b142WcsK0VWXH54m_-BJwbOurwSTC1h8lLFCW_9LejqjRJ2helX2JqO9c4REgvJmtWrKBYQvLZqnsAL5wsddMgXlEFDDSJl4vfwzMhh_XCE8gTHPMiMiJ4akVNwSxDLYzHQARjwBntNQlQUdcz1rFLAYT4Hoh6t3amYuPR678MIsdVCgBtsvC2ZX4ye8-iKolewfzo95Ai7bbdSly7--zwpdnDVSQt3JoTbcCwMTFHTANEwMpXCB90c0xOisfb6RCkWw7CMfa5FNVudQ2A2L0RTwDHOWymG3B5lY_dKH9SNchwcpB0U9QUeNx5Q=s200-no
Do I see that prayer wheel spinning a bit faster than usual?!
I know, Sandy, this is surreal for us!

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Yep I always like Ginny to go with for important stuff. When she couldn’t I’ve even recorded the whole thing so i could listen later.
That's a great idea! I wish I had done something like that. Luckily my daughter was there a lot of the time and helped immeasurably!

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Okay we went to the cardiologist earlier todahy with Peter and this time I went with him. For whatever reason/s, he insisted I do not go with him to his earlier appointments, but then after each appointment he said oh I wish you were there to remember half of what he said. I could say something funny here but I'm not in a very funny mood right now but I'll get over it like I get over everything else. :)

Since two of his sisters suffered strokes within three weeks of one another back in August, the logical step would to be test his carotid, right off the getgo, for goodness sake!!!! DUH. His lungs are clear so that ruled out walking pneumonia.
At one point my dear man made the comment that three of his women were sick in the hospital so his stress factor had to be through the roof. That type of stress would make anyone ill.

Bottom line is the 24th he will have an echo Doppler contrast along with carotid Doppler the very next day on the 25th. He will also undergo a stress test. Now all of this will be done within a two-day span because they finally see the seriousness of his symptoms. No, doctors, it wasn't his back, he was short of breath and while the back could have been a factor, the first line of defense, with a heart patient who has had three heart attacks is to check the heart and carotid artery ! Another DUH.
His cardiologist saw the fire in my eyes and became very attentive and answered each of my questions to my satisfaction.

Now I need to get rid of this anger and turn it into something productive like taking care of my man.
I don't understand doctors today. With that kind of symptoms and health history it would seem to me that they would do every test possible on the heart. I really have questions about how they perform their jobs. My cardiologist knows that my valve is getting worse and I would think he would do more tests then a simple echo yearly to tell me well it's getting worse but it would be a very difficult operation to re replace it. I would think he would do an angiogram to see exactly what is going on or at the very least do the kind of echo that they put a thing down your throat and take the pics from inside out, every echo is the same says can't see the leak because of all the other hardware in there. I sure hope that this is something that can be repaired. I'm glad you are there to prod these guys along, other wise they probably wouldn't even do anything. That seems to be what it takes to get them to do what should be done. When I had really good insurance and not Medicare they would do any test they could think of. It's sort of like pulling teeth, or it seems that way to me.
I actually get better help from the VA and I'm hoping this meeting will go in my favor but if not I am going to have to go to Seattle. I have to eat just certain things. I made the mistake of weighing myself at the VA and I'm down to 130 so thats down another 5 or so pounds since spring. No one really seems to have the answer for me. I hope they find something for your hubby. Sounds like you are pursuing it the right way. For me I don't even know which way to turn to get an answer. They won't even do a stress test on me. I'm glad they are doing the echo first and hopefully will give it a good look over before doing the stress test. I take it that will be the medically induced type of stress test.
I really am glad you are there to support him, that means a lot, and when you are in the docs office I know for me I just kind of go blank and forget the things I want to ask. It's hard, he sounds like he is normally an upbeat sort of guy and it's got to be hard for him to be not himself.
Well you've got my prayers and I hope this all works out for you guys. I tried the CBD and it really wasn't for me.
Keep on top of them till they figure it out.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
That's a great idea! I wish I had done something like that. Luckily my daughter was there a lot of the time and helped immeasurably!
Seems like everyones phone has that capability and it's easy to do. Just use voice recorder

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA

Get on them, Gracie! They should already have these tests done & a solution in the works.

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
I see that T is going to take on the opioid crisis next week. I wish they would quit calling it that and say what it is H crisis. It’s all youngest people that are killing them self but that isn’t who it affects. They will still get what they are after no matter how many rules they put on docs. Seems to me they are going about this all wrong. This is IMO but they are so worried about all the OD problems in W Virginia. People have been on them for years and no OD’s. Take them resposibly as prescribed don’t sell them on the street, most like me wouldn’t even know how. That’s who they are trying to stop but I don’t see that,that is who is affected (did I use the right one Bells). That’s my rant for the week.
Yep.

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida

I don't understand doctors either. You'd think really listening to their patient would help their job in diagnosing the problems, especially when there's s family history with the same issues.

And goid for you going with to DH's appt. My DH and I have been goung to each other's appts for a couple years now…so we can hear everything she says…our memory isn't what it used to be.

Sending positive thoughts for Peter. I hope all turns out well. (((Hugs)

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Rowdy Wade Dunkle.jpg

Well, folks, it is official, I am now a Great Grandfather. Rowdy Wade Dunkle was delivered today at 6 lbs. 2.8 ounces and 18 inches long. My Granddaughter Aimee is doing fine and is understandably tired. Her husband Zac is busting the buttons off his shirt.

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA

No need to apologize about your anger showing! A patient really needs someone to advocate for them because the doc couldn't understand the extent of the changes you see in him 24/7. And it's always better to have someone who is able to help remember what's being discussed. It's also helpful to have a list of questions going into the visit or to call the doc after the visit to clarify things. My prayers are with you both to get to the bottom of what's going on and for a quick recovery.

View attachment 694207
Well, folks, it is official, I am now a Great Grandfather. Rowdy Wade Dunkle was delivered today at 6 lbs. 2.8 ounces and 18 inches long. My Granddaughter Aimee is doing fine and is understandably tired. Her husband Zac is busting the buttons off his shirt.

Aww, he's such a beautiful little peanut! Congratulations on becoming a GGfather!!

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2009
NE Florida
View attachment 694207
What a beautiful baby to celebrate the milestone of becoming a great-grandfather. Congratulations

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
View attachment 694207
The first thing I saw this morning on ECF was your GG baby's photo and it made me smile. Congrats GG pa! Beautiful baby :wub:

You are so blessed to have your kids, grankids and now this baby around you in your life. I envy you :wub:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread