Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
As someone who uses these products on a daily basis, I want to know what is in them.
I want producers to be held to certain standards that ensure that they are as safe as possible. This seems obvious, but it's not the case right now, and I'm really, really not ok with that.

Processed food, used daily... ever studied the codex alimentarius ? Really know whas really begind these generalized terms used in the small print ?

'Fresh food' ... hmm... ever wondered about pesticides, herbicides, antibiotics, veterinary pharmaceuticals residue ?

Ever wondered why certain franchised products ( a finite number sold ) don't even spoil ?

Just read another post - Vermont wanting to declare GMO in foodstuff, just so that people know it's in there.
No restrictions, no bans no nothin'. Just letting folks know and choose for themselves. And FDA threatening to take them to court over that...for letting people know 'what's inside'

And you expect the FDA to set standards to keep you safe ? Seriously ?

The same outfit that approved Chantix ?

Even with the odd mod ( tampered with in most cases ) causing grave harm, vaping would have to go on for decades to get anywhere close to the Chantix 'body count'. And to my knowledge, FDA hasn't pulled the plug on that ...

''To them, we are crud''
(Ripley in Alien 3 )

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
That's how SmokeyJoe interpreted it. So anyone putting a new device or thinking of one, needs to get it out within the next 90 days.
Innovation stops NOW. It's been crippled for years by the looming of the deeming, and all the deliberately deceiptful misinformation. Vaping itself has been crippled by scaring away vapers, investors and creators.

There would be so many more people vaping, and fewer smoking, had they not messed with vaping before this, and now they're going all out in their war against us improving our lives and our health.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
It's been a long, bleak day. I'm here in Oklahoma and our local news channels, of course, did their lousy, stupid, ignorant coverage of this FDA ruling....but I did get a cool screen shot (actually took a picture of my TV screen -- LOL) of Congressman Tom Cole's reaction to it all.

paulw2014

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2012
Batavia, IL
Isn't everything "significantly equivalent" to whatever that was out in 2007? I mean, they are all electronic circuit that uses a heating element to vaporize juice. In my opinion, all hardware are significantly similar.

I can understand if they want to regulate juice. But hardware?

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
Isn't everything "significantly equivalent" to whatever that was out in 2007? I mean, they are all electronic circuit that uses a heating element to vaporize juice. In my opinion, all hardware are significantly similar.

I can understand if they want to regulate juice. But hardware?
Today's hardware is not substantially equivalent as it is substantially better.
Regards
mike

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
It's been a long, bleak day. I'm here in Oklahoma and our local news channels, of course, did their lousy, stupid, ignorant coverage of this FDA ruling....but I did get a cool screen shot (actually took a picture of my TV screen -- LOL) of Congressman Tom Cole's reaction to it all.
Pics or it didn't happen.

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
FEB 15, 2007 is the predicate date. Cartos and blus. You won't find a DNA200 anywhere.
emoji12.png

Yes, but the predicate product is what I'm asking about. Isn't it the predicate product that anything made after 2007 has to be equivilant to?

Pamawoman

Too Blessed To Stress
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2012
Orlando
Processed food, used daily... ever studied the codex alimentarius ? Really know whas really begind these generalized terms used in the small print ?

'Fresh food' ... hmm... ever wondered about pesticides, herbicides, antibiotics, veterinary pharmaceuticals residue ?

Ever wondered why certain franchised products ( a finite number sold ) don't even spoil ?

Just read another post - Vermont wanting to declare GMO in foodstuff, just so that people know it's in there.
No restrictions, no bans no nothin'. Just letting folks know and choose for themselves. And FDA threatening to take them to court over that...for letting people know 'what's inside'

And you expect the FDA to set standards to keep you safe ? Seriously ?

The same outfit that approved Chantix ?

Even with the odd mod ( tampered with in most cases ) causing grave harm, vaping would have to go on for decades to get anywhere close to the Chantix 'body count'. And to my knowledge, FDA hasn't pulled the plug on that ...

''To them, we are crud''
(Ripley in Alien 3 )
Chanted is evil!!!

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Ah yes, you are trying to use common sense.
That is not in play here.

You should read this and then you'll understand...
FDA issues Brief Summary of “Not Substantially Equivalent” Determinations delineating why deeming reg would ban all e-cigs

Users who are viewing this thread