Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
There's an obvious workaround for the next 2 years at least. B&M's that take the initiative to get their tobacco license can order and sell whatever they want. Custom order and pick up in the shop. B&Ms may have a nice opportunity in front of them. They can just be a middle man and make a slice. They collect upfront too. Organized group buys could become popular too.

Yeah it sucks that people in states that prevent internet won't be able to get it delivered to their door. But I personally don't see them being denied the ability to get what they want. It will just cost more and not be as convenient.
My state borders WV and they just voted not to tax ecig sales. I doubt they will ban Internet sales. I have friends in WV. Inconvenient yes...impossible no.

After the 2 year window all bets are off...

The fly in the ointment is a required photo ID by the FDA rules, not sure how that is going to work with online sales yet, TX already requires either a photo ID or signed legal document and confirmed CC in your name for all online sales.

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
Yes I remember those discussions. Back then i claimed as I still do now that
it's a distinction with out any difference. PG has been used to inhale medicine.
There is no way to deny this.
Mike
In fact, if I'm not mistaken, nebulizers heat the pg solution, so that's even more of a solid point to make, as opposed to inhalers if they really did contain PG, since inhalers don't heat their contents.

Reactions: skoony

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
In fact, if I'm not mistaken, nebulizers heat the pg solution, so that's even more of a solid point to make, as opposed to inhalers if they really did contain PG, since inhalers don't heat their contents.

you are mistaken it's room air/cool air temp mist, not aerosol..... and what nebulizer treatments currently use PG?

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I've said Many Times on this Forum that I'll bet skoony's next Paycheck that the FDA will try to Ban the Sale of All "Tobacco Products" inside the USA.

No.........only the Non-combustible ones.......
Remember, Tobacco is Grandfathered in...........FREE RIDE

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Nebulizer
A nebulizer is an electrically powered machine that turns liquid medication into a mist so that it can be breathed directly into the lungs through a face mask or mouthpiece. People with asthma can use a nebulizer to take their medications.

Definition: Nebulizer

From this day forward, I am declaring my Right to use my Unregistered Retail Purchased Advanced Personal Nebulizer - Bite me Tax man!

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
No.........only the Non-combustible ones.......
Remember, Tobacco is Grandfathered in...........FREE RIDE

Fixed it...

I've said Many Times on this Forum that I'll bet skoony's next Paycheck that the FDA will try to Ban the Sale of All "Tobacco Products" via the Internet inside the USA.

I'm just Wondering what it will Take to get Members of Congress to say Enough is Enough?

Reactions: Kenna

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Well if imports of e-cig devices is prohibited than it's over. Most all our equipment is made in China.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk
Without marketing approval the items cannot be sold in the US, which would include foreign manufacturers selling directly to consumers. So yes, big problem. Some companies probably will still sell stuff, and it could get through customs, but it could just as easily be seized.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Lol, not even close. Why buy a company that's been wiped off the face of the earth?

Because they are CHEAP. Think fire sale! Think "consolidation"! Happens in other industries all the time. Not sayin for sure. Just guessing. And the patent on VW? Held by Evolv. IMHO!

I was thinking what SeniorBoy posted, but I'd add that it would give BT the opportunity to bring another inferior device to market.

skiball

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2016
Without marketing approval the items cannot be sold in the US, which would include foreign manufacturers selling directly to consumers. So yes, big problem. Some companies probably will still sell stuff, and it could get through customs, but it could just as easily be seized.
So I'll say it again by your definition vaping is dead more or less come aug 8th.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
So I'll say it again by your definition vaping is dead more or less come aug 8th.

If nothing changes, pretty much. It can limp along possibly for two years.

That's why we all need to do whatever we can to change things. Join CASAA, write/call your representatives, show support for those who might be able to do something, if you can, buy from vendors who are taking legal action to support them.

Changing the predicate date via HR 2058 or the Cole-Bishop Amendment will give the industry a lifeline, though not a solution. I have hopes that some of the groups are working on more long term solutions, but the industry needs to survive long enough to see that happen.

Icemanxxxv

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2012
KC MO
It is if you are not prepared. I'm sure that I have a stock pile that will see me through until at least the black market get rolling[emoji38] 4 liters of 100mg nic in the freezer by the end of next week. BT BM BP and the FDA can get bent!

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
The fly in the ointment is a required photo ID by the FDA rules, not sure how that is going to work with online sales yet, TX already requires either a photo ID or signed legal document and confirmed CC in your name for all online sales.
i live in Texas,, and buy 99% of my vape products online, +95% of all of my other shopping,i have never been asked for signature, id , photo ,,,nothing,, everything has moved as smoothly as shopping at amazon

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Last edited:

grim

Jul 17, 2009
The PACT Act of 2010 only restricts online sales of cigarettes and smokeless tobacco. It will have to be amended by Congress to include vapor (or other newly deemed) tobacco products.

Don't know what it restricted.

Everyone who enjoyed snus and nasal snuff were freaking out when this passed.

Since then, no issues getting snus, nasal snuff, cigs, pipe tobacco or any tobacco at all online. Cigs can be tricky but can be bought from the UK to the US from certain retailers but all the others haven't been phased at all by the pact act.

Screw the Feds.

Users who are viewing this thread