Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Also, this FDA thing? I don't know how those of you at ecf were able to weather the oncoming storm for so long.... It's like, "You will be deemed," with not a ton of information.
Back in 2013, all whining in the media that the FDA wasn't doing it's job because it hadn't yet regulated the industry is what got me interested to begin with. I figured if they're making this much noise, there might be something to this "electronic cigarette" thing and I better check it out before the goobermint came along and ruined it. I wasn't expecting to quit smoking, I just thought I might try using them to cut back some. Imagine the surprise (and grin on my face) when less than a week later I'd cut back to zero. Two weeks after that, I ordered my first liter of nic base for the freezer. :)

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Back in 2013, all whining in the media that the FDA wasn't doing it's job because it hadn't yet regulated the industry is what got me interested to begin with. I figured if they're making this much noise, there might be something to this "electronic cigarette" thing and I better check it out before the goobermint came along and ruined it. I wasn't expecting to quit smoking, I just thought I might try using them to cut back some. Imagine the surprise (and grin on my face) when less than a week later I'd cut back to zero. Two weeks after that, I ordered my first liter of nic base for the freezer. :)

Ditto. Especially on the last part. Good luck. :)

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I think that day is going to feel good, as I am certainly the type of person that likes to flout the FDA and their stupid requirements about importing meds (though I no longer need to, and it's not a felony, shipments get sent back-- Imagine knowing the felony will come someday, and stockpiling in your medcabinet slowly but steadily over time...) It's a good/bad feeling. :) I still have some of the med I can't get here because it was not FDA approved, I don't just randomly import things for fun (I mean, in a reasonable manner) and I know I can get by for Some Time once my gear arrives and I start building!) We will be vaping the violin while Rome burns, however, and I bet everytime I vape for a while I will feel so sorry for new users....

But, it will still be satisfying after all the worry and cheaper. Though, I'd be less afraid of importing a mod if needed, as long as the worst outcome is that my shipment is sent back.

Also, I'm glad I don't use darknet, there was a major bust recently. That said, I don't need to buy non-prescription drugs or a Russian wife, thankfully, so that's no biggie to me....

Anna

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
Not a day goes by that I'm not thankful that had the sense to establish a respectable Stockpile.

When that gauntlet falls with what I have stockpiled I can very comfortably sit back with my Vape in one hand and my other giving Government a giant middle finger.
(Made from items I purchased on Amazon)

{Removed image because it contained forum censored finger image ;)}

Edited picture (chopped off a finger) to pass ECF standards, you will have to use your imagination.

upload_2017-7-24_17-2-33.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-7-24_17-1-16.png
    upload_2017-7-24_17-1-16.png
    916.9 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Also, I'm glad I don't use darknet, there was a major bust recently. That said, I don't need to buy non-prescription drugs or a Russian wife, thankfully, so that's no biggie to me....

Anna

Good call passing on the Russian wives. Unless you have a very deep pocket, the maintenance costs will kill you. And if I have to start using Tor to get to decent vape stuff, well, yeah, I'll do it. Amazing what Bitcoin can get you these days.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Good call passing on the Russian wives. Unless you have a very deep pocket, the maintenance costs will kill you. And if I have to start using Tor to get to decent vape stuff, well, yeah, I'll do it. Amazing what Bitcoin can get you these days.
What, you havent been to the "Vape Market" on the dark web yet?
Its just a shame Tor is so slow over a VPN......

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
(Made from items I purchased on Amazon)

{Removed image because it contained forum censored finger image ;)}

Edited picture (chopped off a finger) to pass ECF standards, you will have to use your imagination.

View attachment 674283

Link please!

I'd like to get one.

Good luck. :)

Reactions: Eskie

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
What, you havent been to the "Vape Market" on the dark web yet?
Its just a shame Tor is so slow over a VPN......

For vape gear it's worth the effort. Besides, depending what VPN you get and in what country the servers are, it can still be reasonably speedy, unless you're looking for 4 concurrent streams of 4K video.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Another vote for working. Just not sure I have 2 hours for it.

Yeah... It's Not for everyone. Because it is Not a 5 Mile Overview of a 93 Page Federal Court Ruling.

I played it in the Background while doing other things. And I should have made some Notes at Time Points.

One that is Key is at 23:05 regarding "Components, Parts and Accessories". Something I feel/felt was within the HHS Secretaries power. Perhaps one of the Few (if any) Bright Spots in Judge Jackson's Ruling.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
He was rather long winded in basically saying "we are screwed".

The judge basically said the TCA act was clear, and it gave the FDA authority to do everything they are doing.

A few things were not directly addressed, because Nicopure didnt bring them up so she didnt rule on them, like flavors, etc. However her footnotes made it clear that the FDA has not done "anything" it wasnt authorized by Congress to do.

Users who are viewing this thread