Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
I have had Netflix drop in the middle of the movie. Not common, but it has happened. Especially about 30 min after all the kids in the neighborhood get home from school.
I don't get buffering on Netflix, but I do on Amazon. [emoji35]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
I admit I was a map dinosaur. My father trained us kids to read a map as part of the entertainment on road trips. I wasn't into GPS (TomTom, Garmin etc) seeing them as toys for a long time. Then I bought a car with GPS built in. Coming home from vacation in VT two weeks after we bought it, we crossed a bridge and saw a massive backup on I-91 - our normal route home. Not good. Skipping the exit, we decided to test the GPS. We had a great ride home, exploring routes we normally wouldn't have tried using the map. Since then, sometimes I know a better route, but other times it's been fun to follow for a change. It's saved my bacon several times.

Side note - I'm on a cul-de-sac. At one time the town considered opening our street to one behind. That got shut down so folks wouldn't use it as a cut through to avoid the light at a major intersection. For awhile, GPS services had that cut through in place. I notified them a long time ago and know Google has it fixed. I can tell when drivers are using out of date GPS data when they either miss coming to my house because you can't do the cut through from one direction or cars come down the street hoping to get the cut through and quickly come back up!

Welcome Trigster too!
We did the same thing growing up. I'm still a map person. But now days it's Google Maps.

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
Well we are here and got WiFi. So good to go. Glad to be done with driving for a while. Motorhome worked great. Ginny made it for the wedding she wanted to go to for her niece. So all is well.

Great! Now try to relax and enjoy yourselves!

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
In my middle of the night roaming, and going through the process of eliminating old links,I found this....some here may remember Wendallb from the beginning when it was the "55 and older thread"...;) He posted it August 6, 2012..Just as meaningful today, as then.

M_IH3YUNvOabiLD3Fg-aNzxfxdhkg6lVsPNY2G9WJ9yqlcwz407uXSJbWT0--TXypUiLgOZnMzjkpbWmsLm5K2fK-ezt24i-eJT8Aq3OA3l0RPNDGMjH08qbNMa9hiB6WhNsU1mPqnLkg5CM555fDfxQwZ6DB9MQUNE8Cl_2KdAuj54OAkDJkiUoRpsKUgJSQc-drxZzhu1jW7whbgIthO-BpUJ0FTF-iMcBL44JaPrVaUqN2B08S2Vs_YWwWuPGg5zCw0CxsVd5MvwbR4xcNXDhQE6U6BqOxsnfPRpe9D6FgTjS-6_6uzDIoW9_kZQ-NF0llSwdL0VfwlcoGs8AjRsq3eKxs5_6Ts5StFIicfAVP-CSafPn0mOmsjuNdJQl46j6W6p7KNU0bVvmbrAWZsxx4t6hgOhurdS9W2EiWbCoabgvELEBEDiXIs6o3sBJBt_yBImnD2etv5C5_1Wrniw5kPclJErwgRyYaNn4xKyAkY094gavmxSxzOicS_WIDKRE8JCSYlCLoMXJYr5JWC-_NH58lcjiIiNWPKMBZZ2JZUqajWvBEzOtZG4RW2wfAybQOAZ4AWxqiAe1rDVV1jXFIhin0PuFmUPrgUvThZ1XU0FXB7Wv=w391-h293-no

It certainly is...maybe even more so in these times.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Okay, you got one shot at this - you are given an opportunity to go back in time and relive one moment of your past - you will not be able to alter it - just relive it... Got anything in mind???
Nothing comes to mind. [emoji20]

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Thank you sweetie. Actually, no one could miss my belly button...it stuck out a mile and had a little brown mole on the end of it!:D

and actually, she gave the world two "fine" ( debatable:) ) gifts...I'm a twin ( a boy baby...no "cute" belly button tho...:D)
There's a guy running around that looks like you?!? [emoji38]

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
I posted this to the wrong porch.
We parked at the Rest Area and we had 2 families from Idaho parked on either side of us. Typical Spud Heads, The parents looked like carnies, the kids were little butterballs running around with no shirt, the rigs they pulled in with the trucks looked like they should be in a field and the trailers were held together with duck tape. The 2 guys were both drunk when they hit, didn't see much of them. I told Gin I hoped they weren't serial killers. They were real quiet, I think the guys passed out when they got there. All in all pretty entertaining place. One of the families had a teenager and he sat in the truck on his computer for 2 hours after they landed. The kids were nice and so was the teenager, like I say we never saw the parents after they went into their trailers. The guy in the truck had a big sleeper and I think he fixed himself dinner and he was off. Right be the RR tracks and a crossing, so we were serenading with train whistles but after we hit the rack never heard a thing. Fired up the generator at 4am for about 10min to make coffee then took a nap and hit the road about 0630. The generator is really quiet so I don't think anyone heard it. We were the first out, first in also. Nice break. Wished we could've put the slide outs out but other then that kinda fun.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
That's a possibility but don't know if you have ever been to Northern Idaho. Different breed of cat in that area, especially out in the boonies. They like it that way, that's why they live there. They don't bother anyone for the most part and they don't want anyone bothering them. Reminds me of that movie, Deliverance, not that way in the big cities like Sandpoint or Coure D'alene but out in the sticks like Ruby Ridge guys like Randy Weaver who just wanted to be left alone but the FBI took care of that. One of their not so informed or smart moves, just managed to kill a few innocent family members. We used to go right by there on the trains. Beautiful country but some real rednecks there. You don't go messing with them, but they are fine, talked to a few and they just want to be left alone and don't want the government or anyone else telling them how they have to live. I also see I got this on the wrong porch.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Definately not vape related. Oh well I stayed here today and slept all afternoon. It was a blazing 72 today. Perfect napping weather and I was beat.
Man I see they got 2017 Subaru Outbacks $1000 cash back and 0% interest for 63 months. Ends Aug 31st but I bet they have other bargains after that. The Ford I bought on a 0 interest and it was amazing when your whole payment goes toward the principal and not in some bankers pocket.
We have Med Ins taken right out of out checking and it has been $1367 a month for the last 2 1/2 years. Next month goes to $384. We want a car and the Outback is on top of the list.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
In 1856, there was an outbreak of bloodshed in Utah. Many who disagreed with that fled north to Idaho. I suspect that had an influence on Idaho culture.
Beautiful country but some real rednecks there. You don't go messing with them, but they are fine, talked to a few and they just want to be left alone and don't want the government or anyone else telling them how they have to live.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Okay, you got one shot at this - you are given an opportunity to go back in time and relive one moment of your past - you will not be able to alter it - just relive it... Got anything in mind???

How long a moment is under consideration? ;)

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
The birth of my children.

In my middle of the night roaming, and going through the process of eliminating old links,I found this....some here may remember Wendallb from the beginning when it was the "55 and older thread"...;) He posted it August 6, 2012..Just as meaningful today, as then.

M_IH3YUNvOabiLD3Fg-aNzxfxdhkg6lVsPNY2G9WJ9yqlcwz407uXSJbWT0--TXypUiLgOZnMzjkpbWmsLm5K2fK-ezt24i-eJT8Aq3OA3l0RPNDGMjH08qbNMa9hiB6WhNsU1mPqnLkg5CM555fDfxQwZ6DB9MQUNE8Cl_2KdAuj54OAkDJkiUoRpsKUgJSQc-drxZzhu1jW7whbgIthO-BpUJ0FTF-iMcBL44JaPrVaUqN2B08S2Vs_YWwWuPGg5zCw0CxsVd5MvwbR4xcNXDhQE6U6BqOxsnfPRpe9D6FgTjS-6_6uzDIoW9_kZQ-NF0llSwdL0VfwlcoGs8AjRsq3eKxs5_6Ts5StFIicfAVP-CSafPn0mOmsjuNdJQl46j6W6p7KNU0bVvmbrAWZsxx4t6hgOhurdS9W2EiWbCoabgvELEBEDiXIs6o3sBJBt_yBImnD2etv5C5_1Wrniw5kPclJErwgRyYaNn4xKyAkY094gavmxSxzOicS_WIDKRE8JCSYlCLoMXJYr5JWC-_NH58lcjiIiNWPKMBZZ2JZUqajWvBEzOtZG4RW2wfAybQOAZ4AWxqiAe1rDVV1jXFIhin0PuFmUPrgUvThZ1XU0FXB7Wv=w391-h293-no
Beautiful and appropriate even today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread