Not open for further replies.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Good Morning Fran and Dancing! I am just heading off to bed :)
Me too.

I just had to check if I was in the next batch of runner ups - but I wasn't :( See you all later today.
Sorry! Are there still more coming? I guess I should run over to take a look before I go to bed.

Nighty night!

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2009
NE Florida
I'm having a really hard time tonight, so I came here to lean my friends. I had to take my kitty to the rainbow bridge today. She was mine for 14 wonderful years, my best fur baby ever. I knew it was coming but it still hit me so hard. Thanks for listening.

So sorry for your loss! It's tough when we have to do what's best for our furbabies, but at least she's not in pain anymore.

Good morning to everyone else on the Porch!

I'll be a bit preoccupied today as my dear friend was admitted to the hospital with septicemia from a cat bite. So, we're keeping a close vigil and prayers for her would be most appreciated....

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I can't for the life of me get to sleep. Now it's almost time for the family to wake up. So, of course, I can't sleep until they're gone now.

My mind keeps racing. So much to worry myself about!

It's time to focus on simple things. Taking a shower. Doing some dishes. Don't think!!!

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
I'll be a bit preoccupied today as my dear friend was admitted to the hospital with septicemia from a cat bite. So, we're keeping a close vigil and prayers for her would be most appreciated....
Done and ongoing. :nun:

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
I'm having a really hard time tonight, so I came here to lean my friends. I had to take my kitty to the rainbow bridge today. She was mine for 14 wonderful years, my best fur baby ever. I knew it was coming but it still hit me so hard. Thanks for listening.

Just checking in and this is the first post I read. I am so sorry misswish, it is hard to let them go. Gone from your life but never from your heart. You never get over it, you just learn to put it in it's place in your heart and move one. Not an easy thing to do, but with time, you can.

seapeach

Cloud Dweller
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2015
Florida
good-morning-gif-animation.gif

Hey everybody!

So sorry Gracie. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your friend. The antibiotics for that are better than they used to be even ten years ago.

Fran, I missed your beautiful pic this morning, did I just not see it? Maybe I need to page back. It always brightens my day :)

Seems like everywhere I go I'm being an advocate for vaping. Got another chance last night as some folk were disrespecting my vaping and I had to quote some statistics and explain some things. This will likely occur for a while, huh? It's all good.

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
I'll never forget the first time I used a word processor. An English teacher in college insisted we use these new-fangled machines to write one of our papers. I was reluctant and irritated. But, I did it.

OMG! What a difference! It's not just the savings in trouble of having to rewrite the revisions. What amazed me was how much it helped with the thinking process! To have things instantly changed instead of dealing with lines scratched out and arrows to indicate the new desired arrangement.

He definitely made his point. I was sold!

HA! This reminded me of years ago when I was doing a newsletter for a group I was involved in. Mike said he'd bring me home a word processor and I thought great, where am I going to put another machine? I had no clue it was software!! Skeptical as I was it took no time at all to be totally thrilled with it.

Rotowoman

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2014
Louisiana
Good Morning All. Flowersoul, I'm sorry to her about your friend. Hopefully the medical people can get her right again.

I'm only slightly miffed this morning. My incredibly gifted, absent minded daughter is leaving today to visit her brother in Indiana. The only problem is, she didn't tell me what flight she was leaving on and when she would arrive. I don't want to be all in her business, but I would like to have a little piece of mind. AND, she knows that. I just called her and didn't get an answer, so I suspect she took an early flight. All I could do was text her and ask her to please text me when she arrives safely. Once a mom, always a mom. :cool:

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
Hey everybody!
...:)...

Seems like everywhere I go I'm being an advocate for vaping. Got another chance last night as some folk were disrespecting my vaping and I had to quote some statistics and explain some things. This will likely occur for a while, huh? It's all good.
Co-incidence that I got this on Twitter? I think not! I added the text that came with it onto the picture, just for YOU.
image.jpg

Good Morning All. Flowersoul, I'm sorry to her about your friend. Hopefully the medical people can get her right again.

I'm only slightly miffed this morning. My incredibly gifted, absent minded daughter is leaving today to visit her brother in Indiana. The only problem is, she didn't tell me what flight she was leaving on and when she would arrive. I don't want to be all in her business, but I would like to have a little piece of mind. AND, she knows that. I just called her and didn't get an answer, so I suspect she took an early flight. All I could do was text her and ask her to please text me when she arrives safely. Once a mom, always a mom. :cool:
And this is why, I always call if I'm leaving late to visit, and once I get home. My parents do the same thing and keep me informed.

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
I'm only slightly miffed this morning. My incredibly gifted, absent minded daughter is leaving today to visit her brother in Indiana. The only problem is, she didn't tell me what flight she was leaving on and when she would arrive. I don't want to be all in her business, but I would like to have a little piece of mind. AND, she knows that.
A true story I enjoy telling:

In 1987 we had a family reunion in Missouri. (Why Missouri? Because none of us live in Missouri, of course!)

Anyway, my sister attended but her husband did not. (Both of them, like me, tend to be homebodies, and SOMEBODY had to stay home with the den of lions, er, cats.)

So when my BIL took my sister to the airport in Pittsburgh for her flight to St Louis, he asked her to call him when she landed so that he'd know she was all right.

My sister's response?
"Just watch the 11 o'clock news".

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
good-morning-gif-animation.gif

Hey everybody!

So sorry Gracie. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your friend. The antibiotics for that are better than they used to be even ten years ago.

Fran, I missed your beautiful pic this morning, did I just not see it? Maybe I need to page back. It always brightens my day :)

And I can't think of a better advocate than you. You have the bug now and I know how that is. I still get bitten occasionally but when I first started I was on fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread