Status
Not open for further replies.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
By the time it came toward us, I left to go to Publix. On my way home, there were limbs busted on the road and the pavement was wet.

Are you in the Smokies? Glad you made it!

We had a scare not too long ago.
She is inland in California, and their drought has finally broken. Only gets online once a day late in the evening because of poor internet service.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I live in a forest of live oaks. When The hurricane came through many of them came down all over but not in my neiborhood. Scared me enough that i had a few that were close enough to the house cut down.

But that wind last night was scary.
You cut some down already and STILL had such a close call? I think you need an underground house!

Oooh, that would be cool!

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
You cut some down already and STILL had such a close call? I think you need an underground house!

GREEN MAGIC HOMES - The most beautiful Green Homes ever. This is my dream.

My juice consumption is down to less than 2.5 ml a day. I have eight toppers each with a different flavor in my rotation. Unkicked nemmy. Provari in reserve for troublesome toppers. I was able to wind a coil, holding screw with my right hand, and the wire in my left quite easily the other day. Installing it was quick enough that there was minimal pain.

Last edited:

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida

Underground house would be cool!

I totally hate cutting any tree down unless it's dead. I cry every time we've done it. We're moving in the next couple years and will make sure to move to a place where really tall trees are not close to the house.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA

My juice consumption is down to less than 2.5 ml a day. I have eight toppers each with a different flavor in my rotation. Unkicked nemmy. Provari in reserve for troublesome toppers. I was able to wind a coil, holding screw with my right hand, and the wire in my left quite easily the other day. Installing it was quick enough that there was minimal pain.
Good! How's your thumb?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX

Thanks for the link!

It sounds like you've got things under control! My hands are fine. But, I still dread having to build and install a coil.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
Good! How's your thumb?

I am still thinking of a cortisone injection. Would like to knit and crochet again. I made a set of dresser scarves the other day, but need to hand-sew the corners. Will leave that until later. My hand is very particular about the way I handle scissors. And mine are Fiskars Softouch 8'' Multi-Purpose Scissors | Jo-Ann . I got them several years ago, because of the problem.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
I am still thinking of a cortisone injection. Would like to knit and crochet again. I made a set of dresser scarves the other day, but need to hand-sew the corners. Will leave that until later. My hand is very particular about the way I handle scissors. And mine are Fiskars Softouch 8'' Multi-Purpose Scissors | Jo-Ann . I got them several years ago, because of the problem.
Nice! I had to have cortisone injections in my right ankle 20 years ago. Got 2, & haven't needed one since. They worked.

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2014
OK! Always love to share pics of my fav guy.
#1 he waves Bye Bye to get cat treats View attachment 630107

#2 View attachment 630111 this is how he sleeps

#3 mocking my daughter
View attachment 630103

View attachment 630113
Because he loves attention and cat treats I was able to teach him to first wave bye bye, then stand on his back legs and wave bye bye and he also fist pumps

I never tire seeing pictures of Joe. First time seeing him waving.

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2014
BTW - In case you haven't heard

Generic-give-vape-a-chance-2.jpg

I turned 5 today on ECF :rickroll:

Kudos to you!

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
I look at those every time I go to JoAnn's which is quite often. I like to buy my knitting yarn there.

Nermal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2013
Farmington, NM USA

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
By the time it came toward us, I left to go to Publix. On my way home, there were limbs busted on the road and the pavement was wet.

Are you in the Smokies? Glad you made it!

We had a scare not too long ago.

As 3mg said, yes, in the Sierra Nevadas in an area of exceptional drought or whatever they call the worst drought level. It's an ecological disaster with millions and millions (as of now, probably over 30 million) of dead trees. With them go much of the wildlife I adore and the vegetation, seeds, berries and insects they thrived on. It's gut-wrenching at a minimum.

As an example, I'll spare you all most of the details, we usually walk every night just after dark so we can see satellites, meteors, the stars, whatever. The local bats stared flying along with us two years . They'd squeak and I'd whistle back. As the trees died,so did the moth population. Now the bats are gone and there is no one to whistle to. :cry:

Ever try to whistle while you exhale vape? Usually doesn't work so well (no, I'm not trying to make this vape related). Usually doesn't work well, at least not for me. I would give anything to have that problem now.

Grateful that tree (trees?) missed you. It's hard for many people to comprehend how dangerous a falling tree is.

I live in a forest of live oaks. When The hurricane came through many of them came down all over but not in my neiborhood. Scared me enough that i had a few that were close enough to the house cut down.

But that wind last night was scary.

It is scary. Oaks are nothing to mess with. I have a friend, FS worker, who went out to do a survey and parked his rig under an oak while he did his work. Hot sunny day with no wind. When he came, the tree had collapsed and the truck was about eight inches tall. A lot of paperwork involved but at least no one was killed that time. He wasn't a smoker or vaper. :thumbs: Oh wait. :(

My parents had one collapse on their property years age. Just went, not weather related. Thankfully no damage except for the tree. It was over 150 years old I believe.

She is inland in California, and their drought has finally broken. Only gets online once a day late in the evening because of poor internet service.

Thank you. :)

haven't replied to your PM for a reason, I'll explain later. not ignoring you. :)

Those are cool, the deer could graze on the roof!

Underground house would be cool!

I totally hate cutting any tree down unless it's dead. I cry every time we've done it. We're moving in the next couple years and will make sure to move to a place where really tall trees are not close to the house.

Me too. Except dead trees have a place in the ecosystem too. We have at least 30 dead trees that could hit the "house," a dilapidated double-wide trailer that we rent (yeah, we did try to buy the property but the kids that now control it didn't want to), and we are at the mercy of the powers-that-be right now that aren't doing squat. Um yeah, enough.

I just injured my left wrist, my vaping arm, scrubbing a hummer feeder with a toothbrush. :lol: Not sure how that happened. The weight of a ProVari makes vaping painful at times.

Considering getting Ti end cap and putting a 2.5 coil in it, just don't know if it will work. There are so many times smoking was the easier way out, if you want to die. :sneaky: Lighter, pack of cigs, good to go. Run out of something, stop at a convince replenish supplies, get snacks, no problem. Wonder how much weight I've lost avoiding snacks inadvertently.

Jup, getting older sucks but I'll stick with vaping.

Speaking of Jup, where is Deb? She okay?

Good Evening!

Hopefully everyone in Bad Weather's way is doing o.k.

Looks like it maight have past and the remainder is a dud here. Whoohoo!

See you're hanging close now. :lol:

I've had that happen!!!

I did too, in the middle of a crowded pizza parlor. :lol: Thought I was going to die. Kinda exploded in a puff of vape and turned off the mod so I didn't make that mistake again. Ever.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
As 3mg said, yes, in the Sierra Nevadas in an area of exceptional drought or whatever they call the worst drought level. It's an ecological disaster with millions and millions (as of now, probably over 30 million) of dead trees. With them go much of the wildlife I adore and the vegetation, seeds, berries and insects they thrived on. It's gut-wrenching at a minimum.
those darn beetles eh? I have friends that love to camp in the Sierra Nevada's and they posted pics of what those pesky beetles have done. I used to go to church camp at Hume Lake and I believe they hit that area too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread