Not open for further replies.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
I would think it would be o.k. You could always thin it with a bit of distilled water? Or maybe flip the ratio and go 30p/70v?
Thanks Dinger. My mistake. I wrote it wrong. It already is 70vg and 30pg

That's what I was thinking, 70vg. That would be enough of a change to see a difference if it is pg causing the symptoms.
thanks Cig. see above
Perzacktly!!!!

I'm with Bea and others. If you like em that much, stock up, and quit lookin!

I haven't dealt with em at all, but I've heard some folks say that dealing with returns was a B, and others say it was a piece of cake. Hope you get someone there that makes it a piece of cake.

my first question would be why does it "seem" like it gets worse with vaping. Chances are if it's not really clear that it's worse when she vapes, that it may not be vaping at all. Trying higher VG won't hurt anything of course, and if that clears it up, then great! But where does she live? Mountain Cedar has had my nose running and my eyes itching and burning for about 3 months now, my son is being bothered by it also. I had wondered if there was something in the walls of the house that was making it last this long, but he's bothered by it a lot, and they have been staying at her folk's house (5 mins away) for the last couple of weeks. Pollen.com kept saying the main allergen that was up was juniper. Which shocked me, til I looked it up, and found that juniper is mt cedar! :facepalm: Have always known I was allergic to all cedars and play hell when mt cedar is pollinating. It's usually done by now though. All this to say, it may just be some seasonal allergy that's affecting her, but by all means she can try the higher VG and see if it helps.
thanks for all that input. She lives in Burbank CA (concrete jungle) has for 50+ years. The reason she knows it gets worse with vaping is because she quits it for a day or two and it improves. thanks

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
chanelvaps said:
Question from a new vapor to me:
Problems with sinuses and red eyes and feel like it gets worse with vaping.
Anybody else experience this or hear of this?

I find that when I start to get those symptoms the pollen allergy alert factor has risen. When it's low I'm good even though I'm vaping like a chimney. I have Weatherbug on the home page of my phone for weather alerts and forecasts and the pollen report is one swipe down on the Details page.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada

I do sneeze, sometimes several in a row sneezes when I exhale my vape through my nose. Not as much with tobac vapes but some of my other vapes like cola and grape tickle my nose and I can feel the sneeze coming couple minutes before the AAhChoo. I also have a sinus cold and have become a flem factory and the sneezing is a bit worse. I been vape sneezing long before I got a cold.
BTW... this is my first cold in the 4 years I've been vaping.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I do sneeze, sometimes several in a row sneezes when I exhale my vape through my nose. Not as much with tobac vapes but some of my other vapes like cola and grape tickle my nose and I can feel the sneeze coming couple minutes before the AAhChoo. I also have a sinus cold and have become a flem factory and the sneezing is a bit worse. I been vape sneezing long before I got a cold.
BTW... this is my first cold in the 4 years I've been vaping.

I get that when the heat is running a lot at night. I think dry humidity is a factor in that little stinging feeling that leads to a sneeze. Once it rains and the humidity rises it's all good for me.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
So the distilled water...how much would I add for say a 30ml bottle. No flavorings, just VG and 9mg nic.
I mixed her unflavored and I will mix this also but have never added distilled water.
Thanks

I get my nic in VG and make 10% base in VG. So my juice is between 85 and 90% VG depending on how much flavoring I put in it. I add from 1% to 5% water if a tank is having trouble wicking the VG. Mostly that seems to do the job. I know some people add up to 10% water, I've never tried that much so I don't know how it would work.

Since I add it after I mix the juice I guess it messes up the percentages a little but not enough that I care.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
If it works that well for you why not just stick with it. But you might want to stock up on parts for the vapicalypse. And over at the Tootle Puffer thread there has been some discussion about using a K bell tank (either flat-top or bell-shaped) with the K base. @Two_Bears who loves Kayfuns and I believe doesnt use much else came up with the instructions and a parts list.

Here is some of how it looks.

Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

But if you're interested Two Bears can point you in the right direction.
In my blog i have a large parts list for Kayfun psrts at FT.

In a second blog entry wrote an entry why i use a Kayfun.

In a third blog entry has just the parts for my short Kayfun that is only 30 mm tall without counting the 510 and drip tip.

The Kayfun i have been using about 17 months is in mg avatar.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
I'd have guessed PG as well, but maybe it's the VG?

Going all VG will sure let her find out - unless it's the nic... :w00t:
Yes we will know in a week or so. Priority shipping her some 100VG (I have 100mg nic in all VG).
Unless anybody else gives different input that makes me change my mind I will add 10% distilled water.
Thanks all!

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Perzacktly!!!!

I'm with Bea and others. If you like em that much, stock up, and quit lookin!

I haven't dealt with em at all, but I've heard some folks say that dealing with returns was a B, and others say it was a piece of cake. Hope you get someone there that makes it a piece of cake.

my first question would be why does it "seem" like it gets worse with vaping. Chances are if it's not really clear that it's worse when she vapes, that it may not be vaping at all. Trying higher VG won't hurt anything of course, and if that clears it up, then great! But where does she live? Mountain Cedar has had my nose running and my eyes itching and burning for about 3 months now, my son is being bothered by it also. I had wondered if there was something in the walls of the house that was making it last this long, but he's bothered by it a lot, and they have been staying at her folk's house (5 mins away) for the last couple of weeks. Pollen.com kept saying the main allergen that was up was juniper. Which shocked me, til I looked it up, and found that juniper is mt cedar! :facepalm: Have always known I was allergic to all cedars and play hell when mt cedar is pollinating. It's usually done by now though. All this to say, it may just be some seasonal allergy that's affecting her, but by all means she can try the higher VG and see if it helps.
Exactly right Debadoo.

If i could get spare parts for the Silverplay Nano; that is all i would use. However i can't get spare bell caps, chimneys snd bases.

Knowing the deeming regulations are about to destroy vaping and attys, coils, mods, etc could go bye bye.

I have prepped so i can continue to vape as i like so i need an Atty i can get spare parts for.

About 18-24 months ago i was vaping s Goblin Mini and a friend Jim G got a Kayfun with 34 mm bell cap, and tge flavor was almost as good as my Goblin Mini.

So i looked at Kayfun snd found the 25 mm tall bell cap and Ive been using my short Kayfun for almost 17 months.

Since using this little Kayfun i have sold 2/3rds of my Silverplay Nanos i had prepped along with my authentic Kayfun Mini V3, and three Serpent Mini.

It works, its all i need, it doesnt leak, and doesnt guzzle ejuice. I'm happy. And don't need anything else. So i became a Kayfun guy when i had thought Kayfun was old tech and not worth my time.

I helped Jim set his Kayfun up and I learned real Quick. "Sometimes old tech can br much better than you assumed it would be.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
I would lean toward a PG sensitivity too. I know much more than 60 pg causes me problems.
I've been vaping 2 1/2 years but recently discovered that I have to vape lower pg. I was at 50/50, but tried 30/70 pg/vg & some issues I'd been having disappeared. Next time I mix I'm going to try 40/60. I'm not crazy about high vg as far as flavor goes. And too much cloud.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
I ordered a GeekVape Griffin 22mm RTA today from VaporRange for $14.95 with free 7 day shipping. I'm not in a hurry and the free shipping was nice. After Kayfun style decks the Velocity deck might just be what I need to maintain air flow with a 3mm coil.

I trim the Kayfun wick tails on a taper to keep air flow up when they swell with juice. Kayfuns don't have a lot of extra space for air coming out of the deck on the way up the chimney.
On the v2's I just slipstream a little air around the drip tip & dl that way. Still get great flavor. I don't do anything to the wicks. Just glue them to the deck with juice & blunt cut at the crease. I also glue them against the block so they are not close to the juice holes. I use a 2.5 coil so there is more room for air flow. I've just found that less is more with KF's & any small chamber atty's.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
In my blog i have a large parts list for Kayfun psrts at FT.

In a second blog entry wrote an entry why i use a Kayfun.

In a third blog entry has just the parts for my short Kayfun that is only 30 mm tall without counting the 510 and drip tip.

The Kayfun i have been using about 17 months is in mg avatar.
Link to blog, please? I have 2 KF nano's, one is authentic, but I can't tell which one. Both were pifs.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Exactly right Debadoo.

If i could get spare parts for the Silverplay Nano; that is all i would use. However i can't get spare bell caps, chimneys snd bases.

Knowing the deeming regulations are about to destroy vaping and attys, coils, mods, etc could go bye bye.

I have prepped so i can continue to vape as i like so i need an Atty i can get spare parts for.

About 18-24 months ago i was vaping s Goblin Mini and a friend Jim G got a Kayfun with 34 mm bell cap, and tge flavor was almost as good as my Goblin Mini.

So i looked at Kayfun snd found the 25 mm tall bell cap and Ive been using my short Kayfun for almost 17 months.

Since using this little Kayfun i have sold 2/3rds of my Silverplay Nanos i had prepped along with my authentic Kayfun Mini V3, and three Serpent Mini.

It works, its all i need, it doesnt leak, and doesnt guzzle ejuice. I'm happy. And don't need anything else. So i became a Kayfun guy when i had thought Kayfun was old tech and not worth my time.

I helped Jim set his Kayfun up and I learned real Quick. "Sometimes old tech can br much better than you assumed it would be.
I have a box of spare tanks & parts, plus I have all the additional KF's I ordered. All of them are EHPro clones except for the one nano. I still need to order oringsn. Especially for that fill screw!

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains

:lol: It is not funny though as that is pretty much exactly how the press sees it, not to mention some states/politicians. I have a little over a month to get every duck I can round up in a row. Not paying those :censored: a penny in tax if I can help it.

If it ain't broke, don't fiks it!!!

Like TJ, all my stuff was put on the market 4-5 years ago. Bought a couple of other things people were fond of but they didn't work for me. Have a tank and mod or two to try on down the line if I so choose to try something "new" but for the long run, I have enough of the old school stuff to keep me from going back to smoking. Talk about the warm fuzzy feeling. :wub:

Red eyes or itchy eyes? My mother has red eyes but that is from chronically, severely painful dry eyes. I have red itchy eyes from an almost nonstop assault of allergens, so it seems to me, but know others are far worse off than I am.

I am allergic to animals (saliva, not dandruff) and I'm pretty sure any regular here can tell you I'd rather die a painful, prolonged death and go straight to hell than live without them. Any of them. Allergy eye drops are a godsend. :nun:

She lives in Burbank. Checked the weather lately (NOT being snarky)? My pollen allergies kick up a day or two after it rains, itchy eyes and sinuses. A neighbor has the same allergies so do a reality check with him and we're always in sync. Does she notice a change with the weather?

Are there any allergies she has that she is aware of?

Some people do have a problem with PG but in the last year or two it has seemed to become the catchall for people looking for an excuse to return to smoking or too lazy to figure out what the real problem is. I am not talking about people here that have been around long enough to know to experiment with mixes to figure out what the problem is.

I developed breathing problems suddenly to vaping. Flummoxed for a while, I eventually realized the VG I was getting was changed to being derived from coconut. I have a mild allergy to coconut and breathing problems would not have been high on my list of symptoms to it. Hives would have been. Go figure.

Another problem I have is fiberglass wick. Did not see that coming either. Used it for years, then boom after some bum coils. When you have allergies you need to learn to be flexible. BT can go screw itself, BP is useless in this case, I will not go back. Fervently hope she's bullheaded enough not to either. Believe me, I'm rooting for her with all I've got.

Had hellacious hay fever for a couple of weeks, to the point where I had scabs around my eyes from the irritation. I was just about to cal the doctor for an allery shot when I noticed t a free sample of juice from MBV that I wasn't really interested and put it on my desk. It had "natural and artificial flavors" in it. Had it been food, the law would have required it to be properly labeled. never opened the bottle and it didn't leak. Had I opened it, I may well have died. Putting it in a ziplock and tossing it solved the problem. Still can't believe it.

There are the rare few that vaping doesn't work out for. I really feel sorry for them especially since I'm working through a maze of problems, vaping and environmental, that are causing me problems at the moment. Please tell her to remain tough and hang in there as we are all rooting for her. It is not an easy conversion for all of us. :(

Hope I made sense, little sleep due to the storms.

quoted because it's, they are, good questions/comments. :)

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I have a box of spare tanks & parts, plus I have all the additional KF's I ordered. All of them are EHPro clones except for the one nano. I still need to order oringsn. Especially for that fill screw!

Havent found replament gor for fill screw; bug id Someone has s fill screw for an Orchid V3 that fits the fill port bof my Kayfun lite plus V2 perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread