Older Folks and Vaping Front Porch - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
What the heck…we're all vapers…it doesn't matter what kind, does it? The important thing is we're not smokers :):):)

Amen Bea!

What clnire said...

Actually I have spent time in both the Tootle Puffer thread and the Mad Wompers thread, but always end up bac on the porches after I get my wandering out of my system... :D

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
The majority in that thread think 10w is high, and like tight draw mouth to lung tanks. There are a few of us that swing both ways there, and maybe a couple that are more Mod Wompers than Tootle Puffers, but most of 'em are low power vapers.
I posted there awhile long time ago, but it was just such a busy thread I couldn't keep up with it. Lotta friendly folks though.

Really I couldn't figure out why my juices were making my lung hurt and this little change along with using my SS on power instead of TC and pain all gone for3 days now. Who'd of thunk it. I always thought that using high VG juice would ruin the flavor instead it made it better.
Really glad it's not hurting you anymore, that had me worried. Yay to Doc Gary!!

Eye'll bill ya. :D
Who gets top billing though.....you or him?

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
I've got a question. Can there be a difference from one mod of one brand be different from another using VW. I am playing with one of my Pico's and using it at 12.5w with a .44ohm coil in a K5 and it is harsher in the Pico then it is on the DNA's or SX's. Can there be a difference in the signal that would cause that. On the DNA's or the SX's the vape is nice and smooth.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
OK well I looked at the readings and the scope on the device and it seems to be pretty good. I think it may be firing a little higher then the advertised and reads the resistance a little off but all in all seems pretty good for a $20 mod compared to some of the the others. I'm getting an ok vape just not quite as good as the others. I'll bet if I put a Kanthal coil in the atty it would be just fine.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
I did try it on TC and other then the fact it is way off on temp on it's stock SS setting like 300F is good but like about 410F on my good TC devices. Will try dialing in the TCR and see how that does. Well with the TCR dialed in at 88 does really well actually better then using VW and temp is pretty darned close at 400F. Darned good cheap mod IMO.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
I've got a question. Can there be a difference from one mod of one brand be different from another using VW. I am playing with one of my Pico's and using it at 12.5w with a .44ohm coil in a K5 and it is harsher in the Pico then it is on the DNA's or SX's. Can there be a difference in the signal that would cause that. On the DNA's or the SX's the vape is nice and smooth.
It's an Eleaf product. They run hotter. Back the power off a little. I have several iSticks & Picos. It's a different power thingie.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA

It's an Eleaf product. They run hotter. Back the power off a little. I have several iSticks & Picos. It's a different power thingie.

Listen to Kenna ... in watts/power mode ... back off some on the Pico 'till you hit your sweet spot.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Listen to Kenna ... in watts/power mode ... back off some on the Pico 'till you hit your sweet spot.
Yep I did that and it made a diff. What impressed me was how well it did in TC after I put the correct TCR in. The setting they have for SS at 400 F cinged the cotton and quickly.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Different mod, different tank, different juice. All require different power. Whenever you change anything... yer wingin' it!
Not that way with DNA's or SX's but for the price this little gadget works pretty darned good once you get used to it. It's almost too small for my hand though but it would definately work if and when I need it too.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I'm pretty impressed with this little Pico overall. I did the upgrade, even tho I don't use these yet if I ever need to I like having them up to date on the FW. I'd definately buy a couple more if I feel the need for more mods.
Glad you like it, most do. I wasn't as fond of it. Part of it was that it was just too little and I didn't care for the buttons on the bottom. But it's a decent lil mod. I traded a friend for the Istick 100 w which I like a lot better. Of course, nothing beats my Reos, but I like having a reg mod if I ever just want to use a tank.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
Definitely! My daily vape, the provari runs nice and smooth at 3.3V. Same equvalent in watts on my pico is stronger and harsher. Same juice in both.

I do too and I agree.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Glad you like it, most do. I wasn't as fond of it. Part of it was that it was just too little and I didn't care for the buttons on the bottom. But it's a decent lil mod. I traded a friend for the Istick 100 w which I like a lot better. Of course, nothing beats my Reos, but I like having a reg mod if I ever just want to use a tank.
Yep I like the size of the VTCmini better and I don't care for the flush fire button.
Definitely! My daily vape, the provari runs nice and smooth at 3.3V. Same equvalent in watts on my pico is stronger and harsher. Same juice in both.
Yep that's the way my SX's and DNA's are also the PV's except I have to switch to Kanthal to use those.

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
We were discussing Moses Lake and I was telling them about the increase in crime there and the influx of non documented immigrants that really don't work the orchards but gang members. You guys really got hit this winter. Now it'll be 110+ this summer.
Right ... don't go into town after dark. Seems like no matter how far from the "big city" you get, ..you still can't get away from it anymore.
This winter, was the first time I've seen snow on the ground that lasted from the middle of Nov till March without a break. Sure was pretty though.:)

Hey sweetie!! So good to see ya!! How are you doing?
Hey ya, Slots! You lil' lurker, you!
Oh my, look who just upped and dun showed up! My fav avi!!!Gotta ask, how ya been, Sweetheart? We've been missin' ya!
I check in off and on, to see how you're all doing, but it's been a busy "hairy" year. Mostly health problems on the hubby side. He had to have some stents put in .. so had to cancel the show we were scheduled to do in Spokane at Christmas time ... rescheduled for the Spring one, but he wasn't ready healthwise , so canceled that one too.
After almost a year, we were setting up for the following Christmas, and bam ... back in the hosp. This time it was for a 3 way by-pass. So, skipped the Spring show again, and we may try for this years Christmas show just to get rid of all my stock. Looks like I'm going out of business without my "rock", ...and we both are bummed out that old age is getting to us.

Plus we set the rubber duckie on our sound bar after I squeaked it a couple times and it is driving our dog crazy.
I LOVE those little yellow ducky's ... I buy the flavoring just to get the little guy. :blush:

Here it is
To get the best flavors, let your mix open air age for 7 to 14 days before using.
Yabutt they lie. Wuddoo u expekt frum a duk?
I'm with ya Gary ...(boy, does the spell checker show up when quoting you) :p I never leave the cap off... but, I mix faster than I vape, so I'm always 4-8 weeks ahead of myself, and everything has a chance to steep.

Ok, back to lurking for a while .... love all you guys, your "family"
015CD5~130.GIF

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Seems like no matter how far from the "big city" you get, ..you still can't get away from it anymore.
Still good out here. We do hear sirens a little more frequently but still only a couple times a week. They all stay in the city or very near by.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
I check in off and on, to see how you're all doing, but it's been a busy "hairy" year.

Dang, Slots, hope the triple did the trick for him! (Guess that's why doctors don't have business, but a practice.... just wish they'd practice on people I don't know! :shock: )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread