Tootle Puffers, Redux (The Sequel)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
I do have a Kayfun 3.1 sitting in my cupboard. I took one look at the build deck and thought "You've got to be kidding!" :D
Really, and the Aqua v2 is easy... o_O

Send it to me, I'll put a build on it and send it back. :)

scratch that, too much postage..

Do this:
IMG_2564.JPG
IMG_2566.JPG
IMG_2567.JPG
IMG_2568.jpg

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Ditto that. And a Kayfun is a piece of cake to build; only thing I've ever found that's easier is the Achilles, just because it's ever so slightly larger, with slightly larger mounting screws. But both are really simple to build.

No idea what a Kayfun 3.1 is like, but a KFL+ is really easy.

Andria
Says someone who used to rebuild T3 coils.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Oh, I'm sure I can do that, Boden. I just need to rip out all that silica and get it cleaned good. I just haven't gotten motivated yet. :D
The only thing I absolutely HATE about the 3.1 and 2.1 is having to top fill it because I have no 18G Leur Lock bottle tops that fit the fill port perfectly.

So you need to learn how to top fill the 3.1 or pick up a Ghost Refill tank.

Here is a little light reading for you... ;)
http://svoemesto.ru/Public/SM/Kv3.1_UserManual/Kv3.1_UserManual_ENG.pdf

Here is the man himself Dave Modz who is the king of 3.1's. He does a Bunny Ear wicking and shows both fill methods. This is one of his earlier videos and it's mirror imaged so his tank and top threading is backwards.
Filling 20 minutes in, he blocks two air holes as all his Kayfuns are very nicely modded.

Dave Modz Kayfuns 3.1's.
10665550_933421046673688_1979793666_n.jpg

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
SW Florida
The only thing I absolutely HATE about the 3.1 and 2.1 is having to top fill it because I have no 18G Leur Lock bottle tops that fit the fill port perfectly.

Here is the man himself Dave Modz who is the king of 3.1's. He does a Bunny Ear wicking and shows both fill methods. This is one of his earlier videos and it's mirror imaged so his tank and top threading is backwards.
Filling 20 minutes in, he blocks two air holes as all his Kayfuns are very nicely modded.

Dave Modz Kayfuns 3.1's.

Wow I never thought of doing that. I have an old Kayfun 3.1 Clone that is sitting around collecting dust. I might take my dremel to it and open up the air hole like that. Thanks for the idea TrollDragon!! :thumbs:

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR

Dave Modz Kayfuns 3.1's.

Wow, thanks, TD! Lots of good information to peruse. I'm going to bookmark this and Boden's pictures of the build. Maybe I'll have time to try this thing this weekend. :D

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Says someone who used to rebuild T3 coils.

Yeah, I did, but it was a HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE pain -- once I got a Kayfun, I shoved those lame T3S's in a drawer and the only time I've looked at them since was when I shoved them all into a big ziplock and stashed them under the counter. Just no flavor from those, whereas a kayfun delivers max flavor AND TH, AND is easy to build. No contest whatever.

Andria

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
I wish I could find my First Kayfun Lite!!!! It's like it just walked off!! :(

Buy two more, and it will magically appear just after you do.

Yeah, I did, but it was a HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE pain -- once I got a Kayfun, I shoved those lame T3S's in a drawer and the only time I've looked at them since was when I shoved them all into a big ziplock and stashed them under the counter. Just no flavor from those, whereas a kayfun delivers max flavor AND TH, AND is easy to build. No contest whatever.

Andria

Actually, I still have some T3Ss in rotation, on spinner types. With drilled out air intakes, and the right build, they can yield a decent vape. Good enough for backup and for a change of flavor. And, at 3.5 ml capacity, a nice long tootle setup. Yeah, small and fiddly to rebuild, but I do rebuild them with silica main wicks and cotton flavor wicks, so I can dry burn a few times. (Replacing the flavor wicks, of course!) And have enough coils so I only need to do that every couple months.

Good as a KF? No, of course not. But easier to pop one of those in a shirt pocket than a second 18650 mod and KF! Often what I vape when driving, with it on a lanyard. Need two hands in a hurry, all I have to do is let go of it.

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR
Buy two more, and it will magically appear just after you do.

Actually, I still have some T3Ss in rotation, on spinner types. With drilled out air intakes, and the right build, they can yield a decent vape. Good enough for backup and for a change of flavor. And, at 3.5 ml capacity, a nice long tootle setup. Yeah, small and fiddly to rebuild, but I do rebuild them with silica main wicks and cotton flavor wicks, so I can dry burn a few times. (Replacing the flavor wicks, of course!) And have enough coils so I only need to do that every couple months.

Good as a KF? No, of course not. But easier to pop one of those in a shirt pocket than a second 18650 mod and KF! Often what I vape when driving, with it on a lanyard. Need two hands in a hurry, all I have to do is let go of it.

I still have some of those, too, David, that I use occasionally. I have a tobacco juice that I actually like in a t3s, but it isn't as good with something that gives me more flavor. Go figure! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread