Not open for further replies.

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR
It looks too complicated to me.

I just got a TFV4 for some reason. I can't get it to produce much vapor below about 35W. If I turn it up high enough to get a real hit, the vapor is hot enough to make me cough up a lung.

I should never have let that kid at the vape shop bully me into buying that eVic VT. I seriously have no use for it.

The Aqua v2 isn't complicated at all. Very easy to build. And has great flavor. :D

Electrodave

LPV
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2015
Denver, CO
www.electrostring.com
The Aqua v2 isn't complicated at all. Very easy to build. And has great flavor. :D
Still more trouble than I want to go to. I'm losing my dexterity pretty quickly now, so I'm not going to start building coils. I'm sure that it's a great RDA, though.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Actually I place more value on where I buy than what I buy. There are just to many counterfeits out there.
(of course who would bother counterfeiting an Efest)

I agree, because I got rooked on some AWs on ebay, so I consulted the list of authorized resellers -- and was delighted to find sweet-vapes.com, since I already buy stuff from them; easy to just add a battery or two to an existing order, and thereby save on shipping.

desertvapes.com is also on the list, and I buy from them occasionally too, but their prices aren't nearly as good as sweet-vapes'.

Andria

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
55702574.jpg
:D

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR
Interesting thought;

What is the easiest RTA to build?

For me it's a toss up between a Kayfun of any type and the old version RTA deck in the Subtank.

I've only built 4 different RTAs so far, but for me it would be the Aqua v2 or the Taifun GT 2. But my favorites are the Erlkonigin and the Rose v2. They have the best flavor, though the Aqua v2 is very close.

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
Rapid Transit Authorities are very hard to set up and maintain, depending on which city you live in.
Har.. Har.. Ha
I've only built 4 different RTAs so far, but for me it would be the Aqua v2 or the Taifun GT 2. But my favorites are the Erlkonigin and the Rose v2. They have the best flavor, though the Aqua v2 is very close.
We have to get you a Kayfun.

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR
Then you want to try a Kayfun Mini 2.1 :D

Is it even tinier?

I opened up this Kayfun 3.1, and I kid you not, silica came flying out everywhere. It seemed to already have a dual coil build in it with all this silica wick. I couldn't even find the build deck underneath it. :D

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Is it even tinier?

I opened up this Kayfun 3.1, and I kid you not, silica came flying out everywhere. It seemed to already have a dual coil build in it with all this silica wick. I couldn't even find the build deck underneath it. :D
Quite a bit tinier... Little baby Kayfun deck... :D

I post a pic of the build later on.

ETA: And pitch out all that silica...

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
Is it even tinier?

Yeah, some(All) came with the most terrible builds!!! lol

Last edited:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Many rebuildables do come pre-built.... but my practice with any new topper is to completely tear it down and give it a good bath and scrubbing. So their coils (which generally are not what I like, anyway!) go into the round file, along with any provided silica wick.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Many rebuildables do come pre-built.... but my practice with any new topper is to completely tear it down and give it a good bath and scrubbing. So their coils (which generally are not what I like, anyway!) go into the round file, along with any provided silica wick.

Ditto that. And a Kayfun is a piece of cake to build; only thing I've ever found that's easier is the Achilles, just because it's ever so slightly larger, with slightly larger mounting screws. But both are really simple to build.

No idea what a Kayfun 3.1 is like, but a KFL+ is really easy.

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread