24mm mtl recommendations??

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I like the Vandy vape Beserker for capacity, flavor, and leak free operation. The top unscrews for easily for juice refill.

This review covers just about everything you need to know about the Beserker. He dinged the coil deck for ease of build, but I find it very easy for single coil builds. You can mount the coil up or down depending on how far you like it from the air port. It's a straight across mount that's easy for me.

Flavor is good and air flow is typical MTL with several settings from really tight to fairly loose. I like it on the largest hole setting and it stays in place once set.

Vandy Vape Berserker Review - Vaping Insider

Last edited:

Mcowan226

ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
I have the berserker mini. In fact I have quite a few of the mass produced mtl rta’s. I’m really looking for something higher end/custom. I do love the berserker mini, but it bugs me to have to bottom fill to avoid the gurgle. Same problem with the ammit. The both have better flavor then the siren 2, the Cthulhu mtl mini and the ares, however the top full on those three all work great. No gurgle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I have the berserker mini. In fact I have quite a few of the mass produced mtl rta’s. I’m really looking for something higher end/custom. I do love the berserker mini, but it bugs me to have to bottom fill to avoid the gurgle. Same problem with the ammit. The both have better flavor then the siren 2, the Cthulhu mtl mini and the ares, however the top full on those three all work great. No gurgle.

Good to know. I was considering buying an Amit to avoid that issue. I think the problem is that opening the top cap breaks the vacuum and sucks juice into the coil chamber which then pushes into the air hole. What they need is a way to air seal the juice hole. The berserker looks like it should do it by turning the air ring to a non opening point but results are inconsistent and when it doesn’t work clearing the air hole is a bit of a mess.

Reactions: stols001

Mcowan226

ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Good to know. I was considering buying an Amit to avoid that issue. I think the problem is that opening the top cap breaks the vacuum and sucks juice into the coil chamber which then pushes into the air hole. What they need is a way to air seal the juice hole. The berserker looks like it should do it by turning the air ring to a non opening point but results are inconsistent and when it doesn’t work clearing the air hole is a bit of a mess.

I find the vacuum issue to be only a small part of the problem. It seems to happen more often with top fills that screw into place. The three I mention that don’t gurgle on refills have top caps that slide or twist back into place. The berserker and Amit screw down with threads which I feel creates a little pressure resulting in the liquid being forced through the wicking barrier.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I find the vacuum issue to be only a small part of the problem. It seems to happen more often with top fills that screw into place. The three I mention that don’t gurgle on refills have top caps that slide or twist back into place. The berserker and Amit screw down with threads which I feel creates a little pressure resulting in the liquid being forced through the wicking barrier.

I would agree, but there’s just too much liquid movement. Also not all screw tops do this. My solomon2 didn’t if you had the juice flow off. Same with the aromamizer plus.

I hear very bad things about slide covers wearing out quickly or not even closing well enough out of the box.

Mcowan226

ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
I would agree, but there’s just too much liquid movement. Also not all screw tops do this. My solomon2 didn’t if you had the juice flow off. Same with the aromamizer plus.

I hear very bad things about slide covers wearing out quickly or not even closing well enough out of the box.

Of course it doesn’t happen if you have juice flow control. That’s the point of juice flow control. Anyway. Still hoping someone will comment with something less mainstream. All the mega brands are easy to research. Gotta be some lesser known rta’s out there

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Of course it doesn’t happen if you have juice flow control. That’s the point of juice flow control. Anyway. Still hoping someone will comment with something less mainstream. All the mega brands are easy to research. Gotta be some lesser known rta’s out there

The problem is the industry is still young enough that anyone with a really good design can reach the forefront, and many do. The reason currently that big name devices have big names is because they work well. Companies do attempt to use what brand cachet they have. The company that made the original avacado for example made several different follow up devices with the same name, but the devices were inferior and the name didn’t help their sales much. Any device that fulfills the requirements you set will become “mainstream” very very quickly.

• Agree

Mcowan226

ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
The problem is the industry is still young enough that anyone with a really good design can reach the forefront, and many do. The reason currently that big name devices have big names is because they work well. Companies do attempt to use what brand cachet they have. The company that made the original avacado for example made several different follow up devices with the same name, but the devices were inferior and the name didn’t help their sales much. Any device that fulfills the requirements you set will become “mainstream” very very quickly.

And of course, if it works well, it shall be cloned.

Mcowan226

ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Anyway, I’m hoping someone can name something I don’t own or have decided against. I guess it would help to list what I do have in the drawer.
Already own:
Berserker mini 22mm
Siren v2 22mm
Siren v1 25mm
Ares
Ammit mtl rta
Vapefly galaxies rta
Vapefly galaxies Rdta
Smoktech RSST
Kayfun v3 mini (clone)
Cthulhu hastur mtl mini

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
Anyway, I’m hoping someone can name something I don’t own or have decided against. I guess it would help to list what I do have in the drawer.
Already own:
Berserker mini 22mm
Siren v2 22mm
Siren v1 25mm
Ares
Ammit mtl rta
Vapefly galaxies rta
Vapefly galaxies Rdta
Smoktech RSST
Kayfun v3 mini (clone)
Cthulhu hastur mtl mini

I will be watching this thread. I have a similar desire (RTA or RBA, top fill, nice...)but I want a larger capacity tank

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    It's a top air RTA, 24mm, and with the short profile you want:

OBS Engine MTL RTA Preview

obs-engine-mtl-rta-00-768x512.jpg

Last edited:

Mcowan226

ECF Veteran
    Aug 28, 2018
    It's a top air RTA, 24mm, and with the short profile you want:

OBS Engine MTL RTA Preview

obs-engine-mtl-rta-00-768x512.jpg

I like that. It’s actually so short I’d need to put a heat sink under it to bring it up a little. Looks like a similar top air flow through a double wall chimney as the geekvape ammit. The flavor on that tank is fantastic too. Thanks.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I like that. It’s actually so short I’d need to put a heat sink under it to bring it up a little. Looks like a similar top air flow through a double wall chimney as the geekvape ammit. The flavor on that tank is fantastic too. Thanks.

I just googled the xvostick - absolutely love that mod. Wish I hadn't googled it now :lol:

VictorC

ECF Veteran
    Jan 26, 2015
    Toronto, Ontario
    Hey all. I’m looking for a new rta for mtl to pair with the new XVOStick. I’m hoping to find something higher end. 24mm base and 35mm without the drip tip would be awesome.

I can recommend 24 mm x 32 mm Berserker 1.5 Really good MTL tank.

DNMzx50.jpg

Reactions: Manuel72
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread