75W Vaporesso TARGET 2 VTC Kit with Ceramic cCELL Coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

V43L1N

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
So. MD
I'm mostly interested in how one of the new cCells do in the super tank mini (the .5 flooding concerns me with the top fill method on the supertanks!), I use one as my daily carry while working. The gemini just seems way too tall to pocket comfortably. Please let me know if you have a chance to try it out!

Reactions: cooladdict

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
I'm mostly interested in how one of the new cCells do in the super tank mini (the .5 flooding concerns me with the top fill method on the supertanks!), I use one as my daily carry while working. The gemini just seems way too tall to pocket comfortably. Please let me know if you have a chance to try it out!
I had leaking from my Super tank for the first couple of tank fulls on this coil but it has since stopped. I have no idea why, though. I haven't removed the tank from the mod since I put this coil in, I don't think, so the coil is still in the same position it was when it was leaking. I don't get it, but I'll take it! I have no time for a leaky tank, lol.

Reactions: V43L1N

Foozwak

Mar 2, 2016
Tampa, FL
Ok my .5 ccell is now in the super tank mini, and what a difference! This is how it is supposed to perform. in the gemini, i was getting repeated dry hits towards the 40watt limit, and had to either turn the wattage way down below 35 watts or use temp control, which i didn't really want to do, and even then was getting burning in back of my throat. Now that its in the supertank mini, no dry hits. taking repeated puffs at 40 watts and no burning in the back of my throat. works just as good as the .9 does in it. and so far i haven't noticed any major leaking. Shining a light in the airflow, i can see some moisture on the bottom of the coil, so that may be from when i filled it, so ill do it faster next time. but its not enough to give up on it yet, and the performance is much better than when it was in the gemini. As i go thru this tank of liquid ill have to see if more moisture accumulates. I had high hopes for the gemini..hopefully maybe i just received a bad/poor quality coil.. but it seems like the solution in this case was more access to the liquid. I think it's too restricted in the Gemini :yawn: maybe the .8 will be different, but not ready to try that in there until one of my other coils is ready to be changed.

Foozwak

Mar 2, 2016
Tampa, FL
Yeah the coil thing is concerning! I really hope this was just a production issue and not how they will be from now on. I think they were perfect when they first came out!

EEEK, you got your Gemini!!! I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of mine. It won't be here until next week probably, though. I can't wait to hear your impressions!! The manual sounds a bit confusing. I can't imaging vaping anything at 5 watts, though, lol!

Let me know how yours works out when you get it! Funny thing, on the site i pre-ordered from, now the gemini is listed as pre-order again. I'm wondering if i got a trial version, or pre-release version or something along those lines. another site moved their ship date for it from march to April 10th. Hopefully I didn't get one that doesn't have all the problems worked out yet. the date for the coils was moved to april as well.

Reactions: cooladdict

Junglegeorge

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2011
Sweden
www.jgg.se
So I took out the new cCell coils and put in the old ones (original?) that I had rinsed in hot water and just left to dry. The initial taste and feeling I got when I first got the tank and coils is back. A little muted of course since the coils are used but its way better than the new ones. Anyone bought Kanthal 0.9 or the new ss-coils that is good and in that case from which vendor? I have tested both packs of cCells from Fastech and something is wrong/different with them...

Reactions: gerrymi

GemInEye

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2015
Somewhere In PA
I am finally getting 2 out of 3 of my target tanks replaced. I noticed the change from white to red as well and it taking longer to prime. My issue has been severe leaking thru the bottom regardless of replacing orings or changing coils. Also i was notified that they can repair the target mods that freeze an over heat.

Since i was having so much trouble i did wind up trying the ccell in my Atlantis v1. I never liked my Atlantis and it was actually up for sale but i had to take it down because the ccell changed my mind. Ive had no leaking or trouble with it fitting and the taste is amazing!

Tapayappin

ericgwoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2014
United States
So I have been reading through this thread hoping to find an answer to the dry hits with the ccell .9 coil and the supertank mini. I have been having this problem with the last box of coils I purchased. The only solution I found was to loosen the top part of the tank probably about 2 to 3 rotations. It seems to help with the wicking. Air bubbles start to come out where the chimney and the coil meet. I am using 30pg/70vg and think that might be the problem.

Has anyone ran into this problem with this particular combination of tank and coil?

Foozwak

Mar 2, 2016
Tampa, FL
I got my Gemini from VapeNW. Now it is saying the gemini is back in "pre-order" status, idk the reason for that. My .5 ohm SS coil was getting very dry hits on it, which I believed was from not enough wicking. I almost exclusively use 70vg/30pg. I put the .5 ccell in the super tank mini and its working better, but Im somewhat of a chain-vaper so i'll get the odd dry hit once in a while. It does help with wicking to unscrew the top cap, i see bubbles when i do that, but do you leave it unscrewed? won't it flood it or make it easier to have a spill if it tips over too much or something? Overall I have been liking the performance of the super tank mini over that of the Target tank and gemini tank. I wish that wasn't the case because I love everything else about the Gemini. I'm going to retry the .5 again in the gemini to give it another chance, as I have given it a thorough cleaning. Maybe after some use in the STM it will start working better. If it still doesn't work well, i will try the .8 ohm SS coil that also came with the gemini, and if it happens with that coil too, i'll definitely know its probably the design of the tank's juice intakes. 70/30 is not a ridiculously thick percentage. if this were happening with an 80-90% vg juice that would be different in my opinion. I noticed that there is the tiniest of gaps between the coil and the surrounding metal, so juice does have access all around the coil, not just where the juice holes are, but this gap is small and i'm thinking the juice needs to be able to move more freely around the coil. The supertonic doesn't have that issue, and surprisingly the Melo 2 doesn't either even though you can barely see the coil in it.

Foozwak

Mar 2, 2016
Tampa, FL
I am finally getting 2 out of 3 of my target tanks replaced. I noticed the change from white to red as well and it taking longer to prime. My issue has been severe leaking thru the bottom regardless of replacing orings or changing coils. Also i was notified that they can repair the target mods that freeze an over heat.

Since i was having so much trouble i did wind up trying the ccell in my Atlantis v1. I never liked my Atlantis and it was actually up for sale but i had to take it down because the ccell changed my mind. Ive had no leaking or trouble with it fitting and the taste is amazing!

Tapayappin
did you see this video about a *sometimes* fix? i had shipped mine out before i saw this so never had a chance to try it. And my new one doesn't have the issue. But maybe this well help someone

Reactions: GemInEye

ericgwoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2014
United States
I got my Gemini from VapeNW. Now it is saying the gemini is back in "pre-order" status, idk the reason for that. My .5 ohm SS coil was getting very dry hits on it, which I believed was from not enough wicking. I almost exclusively use 70vg/30pg. I put the .5 ccell in the super tank mini and its working better, but Im somewhat of a chain-vaper so i'll get the odd dry hit once in a while. It does help with wicking to unscrew the top cap, i see bubbles when i do that, but do you leave it unscrewed? won't it flood it or make it easier to have a spill if it tips over too much or something? Overall I have been liking the performance of the super tank mini over that of the Target tank and gemini tank. I wish that wasn't the case because I love everything else about the Gemini. I'm going to retry the .5 again in the gemini to give it another chance, as I have given it a thorough cleaning. Maybe after some use in the STM it will start working better. If it still doesn't work well, i will try the .8 ohm SS coil that also came with the gemini, and if it happens with that coil too, i'll definitely know its probably the design of the tank's juice intakes. 70/30 is not a ridiculously thick percentage. if this were happening with an 80-90% vg juice that would be different in my opinion. I noticed that there is the tiniest of gaps between the coil and the surrounding metal, so juice does have access all around the coil, not just where the juice holes are, but this gap is small and i'm thinking the juice needs to be able to move more freely around the coil. The supertonic doesn't have that issue, and surprisingly the Melo 2 doesn't either even though you can barely see the coil in it.

Sorry. I didn't mean I unscrew the top cap. I meant the section where the chimney is attached. I usually unscrew it 2 to 3 rotations to get better wicking. I don't know how this works. But it does help with the dry hits.

Foozwak

Mar 2, 2016
Tampa, FL
Just an update. I installed the .8 Ss coil in my Gemini, and so far I haven't run into the dry hits problem. I'm still on the first tank, and have gone all the way up to 60 watts. Working well so far. One thing I noticed is that the .8 coil looks much different than the .5. The .8 looks like there is very little space between coil wraps, even to the point where it might even be parallel coils, but am unsure. The .5 coil inside is definitely a single coil and the spaces are very wide. The .8 is also rated up to 75 watts and the .5 only up to 40. I know very little about SS coils and resistance, or why the .8 has a higher max rating but I am guessing it has something to do with the wraps/spacing/etc. Anyone have any ideas about this?
When it comes time to purchase new coils, still haven't decided if i will go with the .5 or .8. At max wattage of 40 i kept getting dry hits with the .5. I haven't noticed much difference in vapor production between the two. Definitely getting a warmer vape with the .8 since i can go to higher wattage, which i like.
Just an aside: My cuboid is reading the .8 coil at .84 in the gemini. i think the cuboid gives higher readings than other mods though maybe because of the short 510. On a top box mini the .8 in the Gemini reads around .76.

GemInEye

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2015
Somewhere In PA
did you see this video about a *sometimes* fix? i had shipped mine out before i saw this so never had a chance to try it. And my new one doesn't have the issue. But maybe this well help someone

Yes i tried that and about 10mins later it did it again so i had to do exchange. They are working fine now except for leaking with the tanks.

Tapayappin

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
I was also wondering if any of you knew of the Triton mini takes ccells. I know the reg does not what about the mini?

Tapayappin

I doubt the Triton mini would take a ccell due to the size. Don't have one, so I can't say for sure, however. I can say for sure that the Triton 2 works fine with a ccell -- happen to be vaping on just that combo at the moment.

lenfries

Unregistered Supplier
Oct 7, 2014
www.commonwealthvapes.com
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier

Fearlessleader

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2014
Portland TN USA
They may have just decided to no longer gold plate them. The gold kanthal cCell that I've been using has started showing a bit of wear and tear over the past 2-3 weeks and it appears that some of the plating has begun to wear off on the bottom side where the contact pin is. I'm not sure that there is really any benefit to completely plating the entire cCell anyway. The only bit that would even make any minor difference would be to plate the bottom where it makes contact with the positive pin in the mod (and even then the gold plating would need to continue through until it made contact with the coil leads), also the ground path must be considered and for optimal conductivity should be gold plated as well.

Man its simple gold is the best conductor so therefore, so there is gain to plate the whole thing sure just plating the contact area is good enough but I think it more of a hassle to plate the ends and in the end would cost more to manufacture plus it looks cool and generally when anyone one that knows about conductivity it shows quality

Fearlessleader

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2014
Portland TN USA
I think it´s SS wire...

"heavengiftscom Trying out the new SS ceramic coils by Vaporesso! They work flawlessly!"

"Vaporesso is about to release two new ceramic coils: 0.5 and 0.8 ohms SS316! More awesohm flavor at high wattage. Coming soon"

I am wondering if they will have a firmware upgrade for the target as the base settings are very low for SS it like half oo TI wire and when the target came out they only offered NI wire for temp control with software updateable PVD 's you just have to look up the setting an create a preset for whatever wire you wanted to use most other units came out with a firmware update that added the preset like many did for ti and SS wire has anyone tried the .5 OHM 316 or is there a firmware update that I missed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread