The Clock Barrens, Fillory

fobb.jpg

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
My Sirius is swift of foot. I have been informed that arrival at my abode is scheduled for Monday next. In that missive the Gracious Seller has let it be known that Sirius will be travelling with a little Surprise, a gift to please me based on knowledge that I enjoy the ritual of dripping. Such generosity is greatly appreciated and the Seller is held in most high esteem.

There is a number to track his journey. I say bah! He will arrive before it is updated by the USPS.

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
HE HAS ARRIVED!!! My Black Satin Provari Mini, Sirius, arrived yesterday. He was comfortably encased in a protective padding to insure his safe arrival. Upon introduction he presented himself as befitting the Star that he is: clad in black satin with the distinctive weight that proclaims his quality. My gift accompanying him: two shields of drip in the royal colors of gold and purple. A fitting gift to protect that which is Provari Mini, Sirius, the Dog Star, from errant drops of liquid.

batteries arrived by separate packet as it should be. The ceremony of charging began along with the period of wait. During this most solemn time Sirius took rest and warmth from the cold of travel. The chosen liquid of Ahlusion, Smooth Criminal, was brought forth from its vault and the shield of drip and a worthy Joye 510 atomizer was selected for the honor of First Vape.

It is time. Atomizer is primed and the Gold Shield of Drip was chosen. Sirius donned the atty and shield. Battery of AW IMR 18350 is installed. The Power button is pressed and he is ON. There is no clicky sound or resistance to the button. It is smooth as it should be like the threads of the end caps, like butter. The voltage is set and ready for the First Vape. The elixor of Smooth Criminal is carefully dripped into the atty. The button is gently pressed.

A smoothness of vapor and flavor is expressed for longer than the before known limit of 10 seconds. The pleasure of perfection of flavor and vapor continues much beyond all others. It truly is as the light of the stars. Sirius is Home and we are inextricably bound together.

Last edited:

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Agreed. I got another extension when I ordered a crop-circle big brother, but found I don't typically want or need the 18650 size.
Default is now 18490 in both Mini and Non-Mini.
(they are not twins, though both are black. One has teardrops and one crop-circles. One has a green eye, one has blue.)

I am enjoying my Provari Mini using the 18350 standard end cap but find that I prefer the 18490 with the extended end cap for use with my Joye 510 attys. Just a more comfortable length for me.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Where have you been my dear friend, Mr.Mann? You have been greatly missed in many places.

We will chat at some point.

It's been a lot of adjusting and readjusting around these parts, but let's set up another rap-session soon (I'll bend your ear).

Talk soon, and again, Happy New Year! Cheers.

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Happy New Year to you too Claudia.

It took me a while to get my rhythm going with the 510 attys. I do still find a little room for error when I change up juices or switch pg/vg levels. Or when I do not pay proper attention to my dripping ritual. But I find the dry hits to be much less common as I use them more.

It is still my preferred method of vaping. I like the involvement with the juice and atty. Eventually I will go down an RBA path. I am tempted by Shek's opportunity for the Russian 91% but now, I think, is not the time. I will probably regret not jumping in 2 months from now, but I am not ready for that step yet. I also seem to have skipped the Aspire stage too.

It is too easy for me to spend a lot of money. Chasing what? A perfect vape? I am satisfied with my vaping experience today. Pretty shiny? Got it. Custom built coils? I will get there one day.

The Provari was an important purchase and step towards my vaping growth and experience. I want to savor it for a while, as I properly should.

Also, I need to demonstrate a little bit of self control. :D

Happy New year. :)
Glad you and Sirius have been united. I have tried the 510 attys and while I find them not at all bad I am for the moment preferring my Trident clone and my Vision Eternity. I seem to better guess when to redrip in those two, I always seem to take one drag too many in the 510's :lol:

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
It's... Personal. First, what's the ohms on your atomizer? Than, do u like warmer or cooler vapes? Also, is your juice fruity, a tobacco, or what? All of these are factors

Hi, good to see you. Thank you for the drip shields. They are quite pretty and elegant and work wonderfully. I should have gotten one ages ago. And they do work.

Here is where it gets interesting for me. I use Joye 510 attys that I get from DigitalCiggz.com. I love them. The atty I was using on my MVP2 (and several of these attys) have been consistently reading at 2.1ohms, sometimes coming in at 2.0ohms or 1.9ohms. I take the same atty and put it on my Provari Mini and it is reading at 2.2ohms. Same atty. The next atty comes in .10 higher than on the MPV2. I will believe the reading I am getting on the Provari. So I think the Provari is reading the attys a tenth higher than the MVP2.

Do the ohms on a disposable 510 atty change over time and with the running down of the battery voltage? My head is full from all the reading I have done over the past few months.

The juice I am talking about is Ahlusion's Smooth Criminal. I have been dripping it into these same attys and playing with anywhere from 4.2 to 4.8 volts. I think I like higher volts on it although I think 5.0 volts is too high for my taste. It is a tobacco and a net. But one of the cleanest nets I have tried. I have it at 70pg/30vg, 12mg and 18mg depending on which bottle I am vaping and time of day.

I know everyone is going to have their own sweet spot. I just seem to have trouble finding mine. Especially with new juices. I end up all over the voltage range searching.... I seem to have more trouble with the bakery/sweet flavors and coffees. Fruits I can just not get into unless they are with creamy notes. Forget chocolate pretty much. Can not do Vanilla Custard or Cinnamon because I get a bad reaction to them.

So, this ended up being a novel. Sorry about that, it was not intended to be.

MasterofNone

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2013
New York
Responses are in the quote

Hi, good to see you. Thank you for the drip shields. They are quite pretty and elegant and work wonderfully. I should have gotten one ages ago. And they do work.
You're welcome! And glad to hear they're working for you.... With a drip shield you can over drip... So don't be afraid to ( a little bit lol) it'll help with the dry hits til you really get the hang of it ( I actually like a bit of an over dripped atty)

Here is where it gets interesting for me. I use Joye 510 attys that I get from DigitalCiggz.com. I love them. The atty I was using on my MVP2 (and several of these attys) have been consistently reading at 2.1ohms, sometimes coming in at 2.0ohms or 1.9ohms. I take the same atty and put it on my Provari Mini and it is reading at 2.2ohms. Same atty. The next atty comes in .10 higher than on the MPV2. I will believe the reading I am getting on the Provari. So I think the Provari is reading the attys a tenth higher than the MVP2.

Do the ohms on a disposable 510 atty change over time and with the running down of the battery voltage? My head is full from all the reading I have done over the past few months.

Not with the charge on the battery. Attys will change ohms over use. The provari measures ohms REALLY accurately, so I would go with that reading. U may not have been getting a correct one before. But yes they will change, based on how hot they still are as well. It's a shrinking and relaxing of the resistance wire.
The juice I am talking about is Ahlusion's Smooth Criminal. I have been dripping it into these same attys and playing with anywhere from 4.2 to 4.8 volts. I think I like higher volts on it although I think 5.0 volts is too high for my taste. It is a tobacco and a net. But one of the cleanest nets I have tried. I have it at 70pg/30vg, 12mg and 18mg depending on which bottle I am vaping and time of day.

I don't know that juice, but most people like their tobaccos at a higher voltage. If your at around 2 ohms... Start at 4.4 ( I would say) it's almost 10 watts. Should be yummy, but yes, your mileage may vary.. It's also going to depend of which mg your using and time of day. You might want lower voltage in the morning, greater later in the day for a harder hit.

Hope thishelps!

Last edited:

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place

I know everyone is going to have their own sweet spot. I just seem to have trouble finding mine. Especially with new juices. I end up all over the voltage range searching.... I seem to have more trouble with the bakery/sweet flavors and coffees. Fruits I can just not get into unless they are with creamy notes. Forget chocolate pretty much. Can not do Vanilla Custard or Cinnamon because I get a bad reaction to them.

So, this ended up being a novel. Sorry about that, it was not intended to be.

Shari, every liquid works for me with Joye attys on my ProV at 4.8/4.9v. On occasion one of my Joyes will read 2.3 ohms (but generally 2.2 ohms), and in that case of 2.3 ohms, I can go up to 5.0v, but 5.0v is rare. I have once gone to 5.1v, but since it offered nothing of added value, I just stayed to 4.9/5.0v.

The brilliance of the ProV is that you can actually discern a difference in those .1 increments. 4.8/4.9v is my sweet spot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread