Are you done stocking up?

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I don’t know if samples fall under different rules but can tell you that FedEx and UPS are delivering vaping hardware whether they know it or not.

I glad you brought that up. I received a product for review once, but decided against doing anymore, even though I kinda like doing it (at least my first one lol). Technically, as a reviewer, I could be construed as a business. IIRC, the DMM on shipping cigarettes and smokeless tobacco states that samples are allowed B2B, but both parties have to be registered as tobacco resellers, and B2C samples are prohibited. Is it a problem? Dunno. But I decided to drop the idea of doing reviews because of it. I don't want any trouble. I've been in trouble with my state regarding tobacco before. They don't take it lightly. I assume no state takes it lightly and surely not the mafia who controls the states federal govt.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    You are talking about shipping through USPS. Those are USPS rules, not FDA rules.

I already articulated well enough that there are 2 different fronts at play here. I'm not interested in splitting hairs to try to make nicotine vape look legal. It ain't, be it through commerce or shipments. Through FDA PMTAs and Shipping bans, they've made that quite clear. They've got ya covered, man. I also mentioned front #3, which is 3rd party payment processors, all of which prohibit "tobacco products" transactions.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    According to the DMM, if you ship a consumer to consumer package "by the rules", this is how much it will cost you. And this is the cheapest way. If for some reason you need to use your own box rather than their flat rate padded mailer, add $20+ to the cost below...

MkGb91Q.png

And because of all this and more is why we chose to stock up. Unfortunately, helping others is cost prohibitive if you do it "by the book".

BillW50

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2014
    US
    I already articulated well enough that there are 2 different fronts at play here. I'm not interested in splitting hairs to try to make nicotine vape look legal. It ain't, be it through commerce or shipments. Through FDA PMTAs and Shipping bans, they've made that quite clear. They've got ya covered, man. I also mentioned front #3, which is 3rd party payment processors, all of which prohibit "tobacco products" transactions.

Yours and my stockpile of vape supplies are completely legal. And it is completely legal to use them. The FDA can't legally do anything about it. Local laws maybe a factor though. Luckily everything vape related has other uses too except the nicotine part.

As far as payment centers go, they can make up their own rules and nothing wrong about that. Nor is it a big deal. There are plenty of options available. And shipping companies have always had rules what they will ship and what they will not. Nothing new there either.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    As far as payment centers go, they can make up their own rules

No, they actually can't. 3PP processors like Paypal et al can't accept any transactions for product deemed "high risk" as per the major merchant banks' rules/policies, which are in cahoots with the cartels we call "governments". Policies can be different from one country to another, but the belt has been tightened with regards to china, as we have seen nin the past year or so, starting with Heaven Gifts (who has gone wholesale only now BTW). Only difference is the Chinese are willing to be sneaky and take risks, so Paypal is still an option if you're willing to jump through hoops. As a vape merchant, you can accept credit/debit cards directly for high risk products, and that will cost more per transaction than if you sell no-high risk items. All this information is freely available on the internet.

ImperfectFuture

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 5, 2014
    Seattle
    I haven't interpreted what I've read that way.
    I COULD be wrong but I think the FDA regs make it illegal to commercially market products - no applicability to owning them, or even to selling/trading consumer-to-consumer.
    However, without a law or regulation requiring it exactly, all the major carriers (USPS, FedEx, UPS) have created policies against delivering them - so there's that, too.

Still - buying and selling used gear amongst ourselves should be as "safe" as it ever was - and I don't believe it violates any law or regulation.

Well, its by state, which sales on Reddit can't control.

No consumer sales allowed in my state (requires tobacco license)

Link https://www.publichealthlawcenter.org/resources/us-e-cigarette-regulations-50-state-review/wa

ImperfectFuture

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 5, 2014
    Seattle
    No, they actually can't. 3PP processors like Paypal et al can't accept any transactions for product deemed "high risk" as per the major merchant banks' rules/policies, which are in cahoots with the cartels we call "governments". Policies can be different from one country to another, but the belt has been tightened with regards to china, as we have seen nin the past year or so, starting with Heaven Gifts (who has gone wholesale only now BTW). Only difference is the Chinese are willing to be sneaky and take risks, so Paypal is still an option if you're willing to jump through hoops. As a vape merchant, you can accept credit/debit cards directly for high risk products, and that will cost more per transaction than if you sell no-high risk items. All this information is freely available on the internet.

Dude, you keep posting the same thing over and over? (I read the entire thread).

I side with you on the sales side, but lets not go off on tangents vis multiple posts. My Humble Opinion. :D

Reactions: Uncle

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Dude, you keep posting the same thing over and over? (I read the entire thread).

I side with you on the sales side, but lets not go off on tangents vis multiple posts. My Humble Opinion. :D

You have the ability to put me on ignore. It's not a premium feature.

ImperfectFuture

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 5, 2014
    Seattle
    You have the ability to put me on ignore. It's not a premium feature.

I do not wish to put you on ignore, you provide some valuable insights. Its when you go off on tangents, I don't think I can pick and choose which posts to ignore. :w00t:

Haktuspit

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Got my batteries in, I think they were the problem. Sat for 1.5 years charged full, kind of expected problems. Just need to see if the new ones work in my Solo so I can eliminate the Solo being a potential problem. Was able to get (4) 30Qs and (4) Molicel P26A. Also grabbed a XTAR VC4S charger since one of the bays in my MiBoxer quit.

What's up with the shipping bans these days? A vape company (different kind) sent an email about not being able to ship their batteries anymore a couple months ago, then sent another like "never mind we're shipping again!" About to order 5 of them just to have on hand, they're more expensive buying from a retailer. Am a little worried about 5 of them just sitting there for years though, they might just die anyways. What do you guys think? This is for a pen type battery.

madstabber

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 20, 2013
    Concoction Creating Cave
    I do not wish to put you on ignore, you provide some valuable insights. Its when you go off on tangents, I don't think I can pick and choose which posts to ignore. :w00t:
    You can absolutely pick and choose which posts to ignore. It’s easier than you might think, you don’t even have to change any settings. Whenever a post comes up you want to ignore just scroll right past and DON’T give it any of your attention. Much like you will likely do with this particular post. Consider this post as a proof of concept. Good luck

SlowTalker

ECF Veteran
    Nov 8, 2010
    Ohio
    Am a little worried about 5 of them just sitting there for years though, they might just die anyways. What do you guys think? This is for a pen type battery.

I ordered a couple of pen type batteries when I was transitioning from cartos to RTAs. While I was off messing with coiling and whatnot, the batteries sat brand new and unused for several months. When I got around to them they were all dead and would not recharge. If I were you I'd include any you have on hand in your rotation now so you can get the best use out of them.

Last edited:

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    If storing External batteries…

1) They ship from the manufacturer, and retailers, at Storage voltage. That’s normally between 3.5v - 3.7v. If you leave batteries sitting in storage they will drain.

2) It’s up to You to check them every few months. Pop them in a charger and check the voltages. If below 3.5v charge them to 3.5v - 3.7v.

3) Never store batteries at full charge (4.2v). That’s not good for them.

I no longer have mods with Internal batteries but IMO the same method should be used.

SlowTalker

ECF Veteran
    Nov 8, 2010
    Ohio
    Batteries last longer when stored in a cool dry in inviorment - better yet a refrigerator fruit/veg bin . . . Just Sayin' . . .

Just make sure they are protected against moisture. I do the same with nic after noticing frost on some of the bottles. Now everything I have in cold storage is vacuum packed. BTONE makes some nice waterproof battery storage boxes.

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 19, 2019
    USA
    If storing External batteries…

1) They ship from the manufacturer, and retailers, at Storage voltage. That’s normally between 3.5v - 3.7v. If you leave batteries sitting in storage they will drain.

2) It’s up to You to check them every few months. Pop them in a charger and check the voltages. If below 3.5v charge them to 3.5v - 3.7v.

3) Never store batteries at full charge (4.2v). That’s not good for them.

I no longer have mods with Internal batteries but IMO the same method should be used.
    Thank you for this post reminding me that I needed to do this. It's been a while and I am surprised that only two sets were below 3.5 and not far below.
    Phew

SlowTalker

ECF Veteran
    Nov 8, 2010
    Ohio

Users who are viewing this thread