Authentic Svoemesto Kayfun Lite - 2019 & 2021 Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
This IS news to me. Which Burt's Bees product are we talking about here?

Just the plain old chapstick they make.

It’s in a yellow tube.

To me, it has a hint of peppermint or something to it, but I only taste it for the first 10-20 puffs...although it’s not unpleasant, and has lead me to end up buying the “menthol” versions of certain fruit flavors, because it’s super tasty!

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
You don't want one with any flavors added. The flavors tend to leach into your vape

I rarely can find the unflavored, so I get pomegranate. I vape only fruit flavors and it goes well with all of them. :cool:

BNEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
After a quick search it kinda looks like the only unscented they make is the Rescue Balm (which is what I have) I know I got too much Vanilla on a tank one time and it smelled kinda OK, but the taste/feel of my vape was pretty nasty, but that would probably be the case with any of those oils getting in my vape, flavored or not. After that I've been pretty careful about overdoing it and I switched to the unscented.

gsmit1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2018
Terrible rushed shots, but my Kayfun [Plus] 2021 and [Plus] deck came today. Somehow I got SN 10 :)
20201231_125435_cr.jpg
20201231_125451_cr.jpg
20201231_125311_cr.jpg
20201231_125329_cr.jpg
20201231_125045_cr.jpg

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012

Tor R

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    One of each, a bit difficult to compare KFL'19 against 21 since I run different juices in them, and that KFL'19 has XS Center Pin while I have not inserted the MTL Pro needle in KFL'21 yet.

LitePLus-Lite.jpg

I took to disassemble KFL'21 a bit, just to see how it compares to KFL'19's needle system. What I can say is that the whole center pin is a little bigger, about 0.5-1mm, and the positive block has larger threads. I also can not say if it needs a separate insulator kit.

Now it is a bit early to conclude whether you can use the KFL'19 deck with the necessary 21 parts or whether you have to buy the entire KFL'21 deck.

As I said, my two [lite] are different in the beginning, but I find KFL'21 nice to vape with, softer and with less noise.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2013
    One of each, a bit difficult to compare KFL'19 against 21 since I run different juices in them, and that KFL'19 has XS Center Pin while I have not inserted the MTL Pro needle in KFL'21 yet.

View attachment 924387

I took to disassemble KFL'21 a bit, just to see how it compares to KFL'19's needle system. What I can say is that the whole center pin is a little bigger, about 0.5-1mm, and the positive block has larger threads. I also can not say if it needs a separate insulator kit.

Now it is a bit early to conclude whether you can use the KFL'19 deck with the necessary 21 parts or whether you have to buy the entire KFL'21 deck.

As I said, my two [lite] are different in the beginning, but I find KFL'21 nice to vape with, softer and with less noise.

How does the stock K21 airflow compare to the K19 with XS pin?

I’ve got my new K21 deck upgrades, but was unable to source the MTL pins for it.

I run the XS pin in my K19’s so I’m assuming I’ll need to get the MTL pin for the K21 decks...unless the draw can be dialed in to match the XS pin...

gsmit1

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 19, 2018

I’ve got my new K21 deck upgrades, but was unable to source the MTL pins for it.

I run the XS pin in my K19’s so I’m assuming I’ll need to get the MTL pin for the K21 decks...unless the draw can be dialed in to match the XS pin...
    If I might interject momentarily.

I run the XS pin in my 2019s as well. I also don't have the "pro" pin for the 21s yet so I'm stuck with the amateur pin for now :)

You can get as tight as you want with the stock pin in the 2021 plus. The difference with the "pro" pin is going to be the hole in the middle. In other words, the "pro" pin will make the airflow maybe different, but not tighter.

In fact with the stock pin you can close the airflow off altogether. All the way closed with the "pro" pin will still leave the middle hole open.

It's not night and day, but I have to honestly say that the 21 with the stock pin is better than the 19 with the XS pin. IMHO anyway.

It's like taking A+ vape quality up to A++ with some structural improvements as well. The new airflow system is undeniably an upgrade in general from the 2019.

Last edited:

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com

gsmit1 formulated it very well.
    It’s a good question you have, I do not know to be honest.
    I'm still on the first filling, and the plan was to switch back and forth from standard to the MTL pro needle on the next filling (I was so eager to try it that I completely forgot to check how high I could set the needle without shorting , from one to the other needle).
    Having studied the MTL Pro needle, theoretically I would say that it provides the ability to change the airflow towards the coil more than what the standard needle provides.
    But with the Pro needle we will be able to close to a certain level, while you can go even narrower with the standard needle.

BNEAT

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 25, 2013
    Louisville, Kentucky
    They lowered the deck (1 mm notch/step in the + post) so you actually have more room in the COVID Kayfun™, but with the pin set at what I would call a true MTL setting you're back to where you started. Lucky for me that pin is nowhere near my coil!:D

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    I get the opportunity in a few days to study KFL19 against KFL'21 as I ordered 2 new KFL'21 with Pro needle included in the order.
    Now my KFL'19 can take a well-deserved break, maybe a week off or something like that.

The second order I have in, takes its time as SvoeMesto took a long Christmas vacation, to my knowledge it is still in Germany. I am perhaps most looking forward to the Mini v3 in that order.

It only remains to see if we can import Dicodes, or if it will be CdV.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2013
    If I might interject momentarily.

I run the XS pin in my 2019s as well. I also don't have the "pro" pin for the 21s yet so I'm stuck with the amateur pin for now :)

You can get as tight as you want with the stock pin in the 2021 plus. The difference with the "pro" pin is going to be the hole in the middle. In other words, the "pro" pin will make the airflow maybe different, but not tighter.

In fact with the stock pin you can close the airflow off altogether. All the way closed with the "pro" pin will still leave the middle hole open.

It's not night and day, but I have to honestly say that the 21 with the stock pin is better than the 19 with the XS pin. IMHO anyway.

It's like taking A+ vape quality up to A++ with some structural improvements as well. The new airflow system is undeniably an upgrade in general from the 2019.

gsmit1 formulated it very well.
    It’s a good question you have, I do not know to be honest.
    I'm still on the first filling, and the plan was to switch back and forth from standard to the MTL pro needle on the next filling (I was so eager to try it that I completely forgot to check how high I could set the needle without shorting , from one to the other needle).
    Having studied the MTL Pro needle, theoretically I would say that it provides the ability to change the airflow towards the coil more than what the standard needle provides.
    But with the Pro needle we will be able to close to a certain level, while you can go even narrower with the standard needle.

Thank you both for the excellent input.

Finally got around to trying the K21 deck.

When I try to dial the airflow in smaller, the little O-ring pops out when I get the tightness I’d like.

I’ve removed the pin all the way, and made sure the O-ring is installed all the way under the shoulders of the pin.

Same result.

Any advice?

Reactions: gsmit1

BNEAT

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 25, 2013
    Louisville, Kentucky

When I try to dial the airflow in smaller, the little O-ring pops out when I get the tightness I’d like.

I’ve removed the pin all the way, and made sure the O-ring is installed all the way under the shoulders of the pin.

Same result.

Any advice?
    I haven't had the first bit of problem with that particular o'ring on either one of mine, and I don't remember applying any lube to those!

gsmit1

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 19, 2018
    Any advice?
    if you're talking about the little tiny one on the very bottom, I just this minute got the 21 deck I bought in one of my other 19s and dropped that o-ring. Can't find it LOL! I just left it out. All it does is just give a little extra assurance against seeping, but there's a couple higher up on the pin that take care of that anyway. Works fine without it for me.

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com

Same result.

Any advice?
    The only thing I can think of is that the o-ring has to hit the threads - that the area drilled up for the o-ring is not deep enough from the factory.
    I have not touched the adjustment on my KFL'21 yet.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread