Status
Not open for further replies.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Haha, that's b'coz I've been using the KM3 for a longtime now - and never 'heard' anything. But b'coz of your post I did take it up to my ears :D
I'm on a mission now to explain why it's just me. Come on guys, I need someone else to hear it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
I'm on a mission now to explain why it's just me. Come on guys, I need someone else to hear it.

Oh, there'll be many. If you use 26ga and lower - plus higher than 18-19W ~ there will be after-burn hiss.

Pokeygizmo

Perfectly Imperfect
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2010
South Carolina

I hear it.
I'm not sure I'm the one you want in your corner though, lol

28G/9w FTR

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
the after burn effect is mostly a problem with low guage or generally high mass coils. If you are using a high heat capacity wire, its worse and exacerbated by underwicking in my experience!!
That's what I have been saying, when this sound prolongs its under wicked, but I also think a perfect wick afterburns a little and at least with my 26g wire in the 1 ohm range, no after burn at all has only happened when over wicked.

VapinBlues

Verified Member
Feb 22, 2016
FL
I use 26ga mostly, 24ga on some of the other tanks... I also hear it, but I play a musician on TV, so I thought it was just my music ears :D

My builds are .7-1.2 and I run it around 18-22 W.

It's usually a lot louder when I first wick it and the cotton is still getting saturated. I don't hear it much after, unless I put it up to my ear. I always thought it was normal, cause I hear it in all my tanks. :confused:

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
Yup, definitely so..... I'm a 5 to 6 flavor guy throughout the day guy, so I always have that many working mods around. I just have one km3 so far but I may get more cause I have a feeling about these new hhv juices

Ahh what new HHV flavors are you trying?

I either don't have that after burn sound or I'm deef. :)

What did you say? Speak up.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Oh, there'll be many. If you use 26ga and lower - plus higher than 18-19W ~ there will be after-burn hiss.
I guess that's it, sounds right to me.... but in a way it does help me, I can instantly hear the sound of my tank and know it's operating good. Just like a good mechanic listening to sounds from an engine

VapinBlues

Verified Member
Feb 22, 2016
FL
Now I'll be up for some flak I know, but imo the KM3 is not affable to fancy wiring, be it multiple coils or multi-layered wiring (Clapton, tiger, tri-core etc). A simple, single, higher than 1Ω coil works the best.

I'm stuck at a single 26ga coil, N80 and SS, don't see a need to try anything else.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Ahh what new HHV flavors are you trying?

What did you say? Speak up.
Hey buddy, I got huntsman, dark horse, heavenly tobacco, Dragon's fire,serendipity, fresh grindz, and I had to get a bakery in butter cake. I haven't really tasted yet but DF smells the best. But I still have all those tanks filled with other flavors I like but either may have to drop some, or dust off a few of my older tanks if I really like some of these hhv juices

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
My drip tip is not stuck in my ear.
Haha!
You know till 2013 we were seriously following JC West. He had some great mesh wick tutorials. And he always took his mod to his ears before taking it towards his lips. Your that "driptip stuck..." analogy used to be always in my mind :)

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I use 26ga mostly, 24ga on some of the other tanks... I also hear it, but I play a musician on TV, so I thought it was just my music ears :D

My builds are .7-1.2 and I run it around 18-22 W.

It's usually a lot louder when I first wick it and the cotton is still getting saturated. I don't hear it much after, unless I put it up to my ear. I always thought it was normal, cause I hear it in all my tanks. :confused:
It is normal imo and makes sense you hear it because we seem to vape the same set up. What I have found though is the lenght of time we do hear it. On occasions when I under wick let's say, that afterburn is longer and when I absolutely hear nothing at all, it's usually Slightly over wicked. So now after, like you said, when it breaks in, I always take a quick listen.

Reactions: VapinBlues

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Now I'll be up for some flak I know, but imo the KM3 is not affable to fancy wiring, be it multiple coils or multi-layered wiring (Clapton, tiger, tri-core etc). A simple, single, higher than 1Ω coil works the best.
Flak number one here, I honestly would of agreed with you before I installed these 2 little dual coils, but I have to say these are better then my single coil builds that I had previously. Now everyone is different but the only thing I thought this little tank lacked was that the vapir was a little less then I wanted but now it's very good

Last edited:

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Haha!
You know till 2013 we were seriously following JC West. He had some great mesh wick tutorials. And he always took his mod to his ears before taking it towards his lips. Your that "driptip stuck..." analogy used to be always in my mind :)
I never noticed him doing that, will have to re look. What happened to him, is he still around?

Reactions: AstroTurf

JoeBattams

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2012
Northampton- UK
Thanks Bronze, sorry few pages in now, but just wanted to say that was a really really well written intro to the thread- i love ECF, especially as it gets traffic from people of all nationalities and backgrounds with their unique knowledge, experience and advice.

I just couldn't read the old thread anymore with it's pages and pages of post's who's sole aim appeared to involve taking a childish delight in insulting others and causing confrontation- I'm sure they wouldn't be so free with their hostile attitude if they weren't hiding being a PC... I have enough of that kind of behaviour at work! :(

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread