Status
Not open for further replies.

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
I find the afterburn effect on some gennies (mesh!), usually just before you get a burnt hit...lol!
I have found close to the same on my kayfun Mini V3...

When I have forgotten to open the juice control after filling. She is very noisy, then if I continue, she punishes me good!!!

LOLz, Jim

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I have found close to the same on my KayFun Mini V3...

When I have forgotten to open the juice control after filling. She is very noisy, then if I continue, she punishes me good!!!

LOLz, Jim
Yep, same principle , like when a coil is wicked a little too thin, you get that sound and a dry hit is close behind.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I find the afterburn effect on some gennies (mesh!), usually just before you get a burnt hit...lol!
You still vaping gennys? I have one left and still vape it, but only rare occasions. Do love the flavor though but can't get that TH I get otherwise

JoeBattams

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2012
Northampton- UK
I'm so enjoying my KFM3- it's definitely my favourite vape purchase this year! It's really nice to get 'back to basics' with simple builds, and own a device that you know has had an enormous amount of R&D put into it, and is going to be around for ages rather than just a few months.

Dont get me wrong, I really enjoy some of the Chinese atties like the serpent, but you just know that you're acting as their beta tester for their next 'revision' ;)

Reactions: AstroTurf

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
I never noticed him doing that, will have to re look. What happened to him, is he still around?

Oh he always did. That was his signature. And yes, he's back -- and is still doing that, tho a tad less.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Just like listening to the car engine example you used.
All I have to do is teach my hands a little more so I can detect temperature changes through the SS casing, then I will be a true tank whisperer

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Oh he always did. That was his signature. And yes, he's back -- and is still doing that, tho a tad less.
Yah it's been close to 2 years probably since I seen his last video, must check him out again cause I always found him interesting

JoeBattams

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2012
Northampton- UK
You still vaping gennys? I have one left and still vape it, but only rare occasions. Do love the flavor though but can't get that TH I get otherwise

I'd really like to have a go with my old gennies again, especially the old Cobra which cost a fair bit back in the day (being made of titanium)- still have some mesh lying around somewhere, but I dont think i've got any Kanthal higher than 28AWG- I seem to remember a few wraps of 30 or 32AWG was a 'good' resistance but it's been a few years....

What do you use in yours Steve?

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I'd really like to have a go with my old gennies again, especially the old Cobra which cost a fair bit back in the day (being made of titanium)- still have some mesh lying around somewhere, but I dont think i've got any Kanthal higher than 28AWG- I seem to remember a few wraps of 30 or 32AWG was a 'good' resistance but it's been a few years....

What do you use in yours Steve?
Steve? I had always wanted one of those cobras, I thought they looked ahead of their time compared to my DID's but I think it was cause they had too tight of an airhole and because they were titanium, they said they were hard to drill. I have a ceramic wick in at the moment with 28 or 29 g. The flavor is soo smooth but It's just a little too mello now. But that used to be the schnizz, a provari v2 and a genny rocking at 15 watts max.

JoeBattams

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2012
Northampton- UK
Steve? I had always wanted one of those cobras, I thought they looked ahead of their time compared to my DID's but I think it was cause they had too tight of an airhole and because they were titanium, they said they were hard to drill. I have a ceramic wick in at the moment with 28 or 29 g. The flavor is soo smooth but It's just a little too mello now. But that used to be the schnizz, a provari v2 and a genny rocking at 15 watts max.

Sorry! I was looking st theotherSteves post, but quoted yours :)

Oh cool, yeah the DID was my first love and the first rebuildable I used, and I thought it was amazing!!-

I only had it on loan though, when I handed it back I bought a Cobra, but never could get it to work as well as the faithful DID- I actually asked recently if anyone on the UKV forum in the classies had one they would be willing to sell, in order to rekindle that old flame, but I don't think I'd be happy with a fixed airflow these days (even though I usually vape everything as restricted as possible!) [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VictorC

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
What's your favourite way to coil/wick KM3?
Here is mine: clapton 26/32, with a simple KGD wick, @ .85 ohm, 23 W. Inside ø 2.5 mm
Pure flavour.

I have posted this pic before, but after a month of daily use the coil is still running strong.

_DSF3689-Edit.jpg

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Sorry! I was looking st theotherSteves post, but quoted yours :)

Oh cool, yeah the DID was my first love and the first rebuildable I used, and I thought it was amazing!!-

I only had it on loan though, when I handed it back I bought a Cobra, but never could get it to work as well as the faithful DID- I actually asked recently if anyone on the UKV forum in the classies had one they would be willing to sell, in order to rekindle that old flame, but I don't think I'd be happy with a fixed airflow these days (even though I usually vape everything as restricted as possible!) [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Although all that was just a few or more years ago, it seems such a long time ago because of how far vaping has gone, it's awesome. Yes the DID was also my first rebuildable .

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
What's your favourite way to coil/wick KM3?
Here is mine: clapton 26/32, with a simple KGD wick, @ .85 ohm, 23 W. Inside ø 2.5 mm
Pure flavour.

I have posted this pic before, but after a month of daily use the coil is still running strong.

_DSF3689-Edit.jpg
Right now it's this dual coil, 27g kanthal, around 1.9 mm id, about .7 ohms
8ddd5296d74caa294d9db9b938ed4485.jpg

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I remember the Phoenix, quit popular back then, looks like a mini DID

Pretty much. I think the Phoenix was one of the first "rebuildables". Not real sure about what was out then. It's the first rebuildable I came across.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Pretty much. I think the Phoenix was one of the first "rebuildables". Not real sure about what was out then. It's the first rebuildable I came across.
Maybe so, but not sure. That's an interesting question, what was the first rebuildable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread