Authentic Svoemesto Kayfun Prime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deemac

Apr 30, 2016
NL
I have a tip from svoemesto (who here doesn't!)

I took delivery of a Nite DLC two weeks ago which I'm thoroughly enjoying but hit a small snag. I couldn't unscrew the tip insert to clean the gunk from the join. I tried the usual brute force, alcohol, ultrasonic bath, I even stuck it in the freezer hoping the metal would contract, all with no avail. I e-mailed svoemesto and quickly got a reply with the solution.

"You could put the driptip in a bath with hot water and soap and then try to seperate the two after 5 minutes using rubber gloves."

Success - and once more I'm a happy chappie.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
Thanks for the offer Bronze, but I live in the only country that bans chewing gum, and if chewing gum's banned, we don't even have room to talk about vape advocacy here.
Can you use a straw?

Sent from my OnePlus 7 Pro TMO using Tapatalk

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
finally got rid of those little things that are supposed to help capturing the coils legs;coiling got easy again.
wouldn't have done that without a reason but somehow with the course of time they got bent outward.
Yeah, I'm not sure I couldn't live without those things too.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
finally got rid of those little things that are supposed to help capturing the coils legs;coiling got easy again.
wouldn't have done that without a reason but somehow with the course of time they got bent outward.
With the 26g , like you said, they are nice because you dont actually have to go around the screw, so I like. So I can definitely see your point with thinner wire unless you just go on the outside of those traps, but then it stretches your coil out if you use a shorter coil....

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
The first bidder came back with a couple of bids, but i'm still the highest bidder. Looks like they gave up. Ends sunday 8.14pm BST.
I always wait until the last 7 or 8 seconds to place my final bid. It's also my only bid. I give it my best price and let the chips fall where they may.

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
I always wait until the last 7 or 8 seconds to place my final bid. It's also my only bid. I give it my best price and let the chips fall where they may.

I've tried doing that a few times. Trouble is so does everyone else. It's never worked for me. Still a good idea though, but the timing has to be right, luck plays a big part i think.
These days i just go in early on with the highest bid i'm prepared to pay (taking the cost of p&p into consideration). That way no one can outbid me by bidding the same amount i bid with later on. I would hate to bid for something then realise after the auction has finished that the bidder who won had bid that exact same amount.

Hope i'm making sense.

I've had some great deals on Nike trainers on the Ebay auctions. I sometimes spend ages just browsing. I've found people auction brand new trainers as "used". Takes time to find them though. Usually been worn once (tried on) or either didn't fit or they didn't like them or were gifted them but don't want them for one reason or another. It's where i go when i'm bored.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bronze

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I've tried doing that a few times. Trouble is so does everyone else. It's never worked for me. Still a good idea though, but the timing has to be right, luck plays a big part i think.
These days i just go in early on with the highest bid i'm prepared to pay (taking the cost of p&p into consideration). That way no one can outbid me by bidding the same amount i bid with later on. I would hate to bid for something then realise after the auction has finished that the bidder who won had bid that exact same amount.

Hope i'm making sense.
Bottom line is the person willing to pay the most will win the bid. Timing is secondary. I just think bidding too early gets people riled up which only adds to the price.

Reactions: AstroTurf

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
Bottom line is the person willing to pay the most will win the bid. Timing is secondary. I just think bidding too early gets people riled up which only adds to the price.

It would be my one and only bid.

On the other hand, say i bid £50 for something knowing i'll bid again. Others come in and bid and soon i'm no longer the highest bidder. So maybe i bid again with the highest i'm prepared to pay. Then it turns out my second bid matches the already highest bid. That guy, because he was first, will win the auction. Or worse still i get outbid by pennies. So timing in this sense, bidding early on, means my highest bid was the best i had and if i lose i don't feel bad about it.

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
I saw someone win a new Prime the other day for £90.
I'm not sure how much others are prepared to pay for a secondhand special edition though. I know the guy who bought that new prime would have bid on this special edition if it was listed at the time. How much would you bid for a secondhand special edition Kayfun Pime ?. And how many people like you do you suppose trawl the Ebay listings for these particular types of items ?, because they're not cheap !. I hope i'm no different to anyone else when it comes to how much i'd pay for an item such as this. So i'm quite confident about it. The demographic is quite small i think. Maybe i'm wrong. But i won't feel bad about not winning though.

Last edited:

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I saw someone win a new Prime the other day for £90.
I'm not sure how much others are prepared to pay for a secondhand special edition though. I know the guy who bought that new prime would have bid on this special edition if it was listed at the time. How much would you bid for a secondhand special edition Kayfun Pime ?. And how many people like you do you suppose trawl the Ebay listings for these particular types of items ?, because they're not cheap !. I hope i'm no different to anyone else when it comes to how much i'd pay for an item such as this. So i'm quite confident about it. The demographic is quite small i think. Maybe i'm wrong. But i won't feel bad about not winning though.
Yep, those ebay auctions...sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Gotta prepare to lose cuz it happens plenty of times. It's important to know what an item is worth to you and bid accordingly. It helps if there are duplicates of the same item so you know you'll have other chances, but a once-in-awhile (if ever) item has a different dynamic.

• Agree
Reactions: evan le'garde

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Check this out.
kayfun prime | eBay

Think i feel a bid coming on !.

The only reason I never bought one of those, is because they never made a black extension for it, even a gold one would have worked. I have to have the extension kit. :|

KAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread