Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
I knew there'd be a bigger difference in size vs the Radius, but I'm more interested in size difference between the JAC and the ZNA. More pics would be awesome! Thanks!

I have found that if I install the adapter first, and then the coil, it seems to make better contact.

Could try the other way, with coil going in, and then the adapter...

Got any pics of a your Kayfun Prime on the JAC?
No, because I don't have a Prime. Here's a profile shot of the Jac with the just arrived Digiflavor Siren V2, my first foray into temp control, along side the ZNA and Radius. The latter two with Kabukis. No juice in the ZNA. Suicide Bunny Wanderlust in the Jac. Why? Just because, and a touch of nostalgia. In the Radius is something called LES, from VapeNy. By the way, VapeNY does have a Radius in their shop, and seemed to be priced at about what it was from Provape. Don't think they want to sell it online; not sure why. But, it's sitting there, for those nearby who are looking for one.
IMG_1680.JPG

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
No, because I don't have a Prime. Here's a profile shot of the Jac with the just arrived Digiflavor Siren V2, my first foray into temp control, along side the ZNA and Radius. The latter two with Kabukis. No juice in the ZNA. Suicide Bunny Wanderlust in the Jac. Why? Just because, and a touch of nostalgia. In the Radius is something called LES, from VapeNy. By the way, VapeNY does have a Radius in their shop, and seemed to be priced at about what it was from Provape. Don't think they want to sell it online; not sure why. But, it's sitting there, for those nearby who are looking for one. View attachment 701445

Thanks for the pic!

Someone go get that lonely Radius!

RadiusNick

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2017
Yes, IMO

I suppose I could just dial it down a setting or two.

Perhaps I will try that and lose the awful vape band.

But, I have found that setting it at 4 varies after tank fills without the band...

Jim
if it's not sealed then it's a problem,
i gave up on two(of the 3) authentic KFL+v2 i had, as i felt there was more air getting in besides my airflow setting,and dialing it down would obviously tight the the draw,but the vape felt dry and airy
and long drags were needed before i could here the satisfying sound of the juice being cooked.

Last edited:

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
if it's not sealed then it's a problem,
i gave up on two(of the 3) authentic KFL+v2 i had, as i felt there was more air getting in besides my airflow setting,and dialing it down would obviously tight the the draw,but the vape felt dry and airy
and long drags were needed before i could here the satisfying sound of the juice being cooked.
If you take off your bottom plate and then turn the AF disc so it's in between airholes (so you aren't seeing the hole behind) and suck, you are getting air through?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

access0denied

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2015
Thought I drop this in here. Not 100% Kayfun Prime related.

Ordered a black 24mm Digiflavor Siren v2 at the end of Aug. Finally received it this past Friday. Drop a coil into the super easy to build deck, juice it all up. Took a vape while thinking to myself, 'I wonder how this will compare to my Kayfun Prime.' Woah, air flow way too tight. Went to adjust it, and I'm unable to adjust the airflow control. WTF! Tried my best to adjust the airflow, with no luck. Soaked it in rubbing alcohol for about an hour, boiling hot water, bust out the pliers, and finally sorta got the afc to work. Put in a new coil. Still not really able to adjust the afc. Wow, talk about disappointment. 30 bucks, 3 month wait, and it doesn't compare to the Prime.

RadiusNick

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2017
If you take off your bottom plate and then turn the AF disc so it's in between airholes (so you aren't seeing the hole behind) and suck, you are getting air through?

i haven't go it yet,i'm waiting for the new batch to arrive to the stores.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Thought I drop this in here. Not 100% Kayfun Prime related.

Ordered a black 24mm Digiflavor Siren v2 at the end of Aug. Finally received it this past Friday. Drop a coil into the super easy to build deck, juice it all up. Took a vape while thinking to myself, 'I wonder how this will compare to my Kayfun Prime.' Woah, air flow way too tight. Went to adjust it, and I'm unable to adjust the airflow control. ...! Tried my best to adjust the airflow, with no luck. Soaked it in rubbing alcohol for about an hour, boiling hot water, bust out the pliers, and finally sorta got the afc to work. Put in a new coil. Still not really able to adjust the afc. Wow, talk about disappointment. 30 bucks, 3 month wait, and it doesn't compare to the Prime.
That blows! Especially waiting all that time.....I heard they had good reviews? So you reckon it's just poorly machined?sounds like my luck with inexpensive devices, I hear so many that have bought stuff cheap and they absolutely love them and they last a long time. I haven't bought many inexpensive vape items, but every time I have, it either was doa, or didn't last long...but I just bought the aspire nx 75-A, mod and compared to what I usually spend on mods, it was cheap, 2 for 89 bucks, and it's pretty awesome!!! Probably the best mod for the money I ever bought...

access0denied

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2015
Doesn't feel cheap, but performs cheap. It got amazing reviews. So I was surprised. Seems like these cheap tanks/mods are just hit and miss. Seems like the cheap mods/tanks are just junk, or junk after a few months. My provari mods, amazing. My sx mini g amazing. I've had a few sub 100 mods, and just junk after a short period time. DNA 75 from Lost Skar amazing reviews. Had a cracked battery door after a month. Paint chipping away on the first day.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Doesn't feel cheap, but performs cheap. It got amazing reviews. So I was surprised. Seems like these cheap tanks/mods are just hit and miss. Seems like the cheap mods/tanks are just junk, or junk after a few months. My provari mods, amazing. My sx mini g amazing. I've had a few sub 100 mods, and just junk after a short period time. DNA 75 from Lost Skar amazing reviews. Had a cracked battery door after a month. Paint chipping away on the first day.
IMO you generally get what you pay for it. Of course, there are exceptions from time to time. And that goes both ways. Sometimes you pay a hefty price and it falls well short of expectations.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
Yeah that is the most frustrating thing about learning to vape. I'm in it for a year now and blown soooo much money finding what works for me. Now that I know, I have mods and tanks all around me, and I only use 3 or 4.
I got to that stage now that I only buy when i'm sure and know it'll work for my style. I only buy the best now.
I cry about the price for a while, and smile forever there afterwards...:p

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Yeah that is the most frustrating thing about learning to vape. I'm in it for a year now and blown soooo much money finding what works for me. Now that I know, I have mods and tanks all around me, and I only use 3 or 4.
I got to that stage now that I only buy when i'm sure and know it'll work for my style. I only buy the best now.
I cry about the price for a while, and smile forever there afterwards...[emoji14]
Especially now of days....there are so many products out there, it's hard to really know what suites you and which do not. back in the day , it was easier to buy a good regulated mod because the choices were slim. Back then if you wanted a good regulated mod (15 watts was the highest available ) it was basically provari, and there were no shortages of excellent reviews, so you knew it was good...and tbh, there wasn't that much to compare it to, so it was like the benchmark. Moving from a mech to a provari back then was really cool and something I will never forget.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
Yeah those days must've been a blast. Pity I started so late. Nowadays vaping is a whole new game. Its seen as a cigarette replacement, but I think vaping has become something completely different. A whole new hobby. Its not easy to transfer from the smokes to the vape and stay vaping, while being happy and satisfied. To many smokers fall back because they are being overwhelmed by devices and tanks and then the critical part...the juice....and commitment.
Then the mind boggling part...what will vaping be like in 5 years time?
Man I love this journey i'm on :thumbs:

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I cry about the price for a while, and smile forever there afterwards...:p
Your path has been followed literally millions of times. We go thru all kinda gear. Partly because what we are using is not the best and we want to upgrade with the latest doo dads. And partly because they keep getting better. But perhaps the juice journey was even more difficult. I envy those who like everything. That aint me! I sampled probably 250 - 300 flavors before I found my one and only. If they quit making it I'm screwed! And this is why I believe many vapers don't see it through. They simply cannot find a satisfactory flavor in time to keep them going.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
100% agree. Man i'm glad to hear that... thought it was just me. I've gone through a few hundred juices and diys already. To me the term ADV is a myth. There is quite a few that I like but nothing I can vape all day long...its very frustrating, but i've excepted that now. I live in the hope it might happen any day...!
That's the main reason why I don't see vaping as a replacement for smoking....

Last edited:

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
100% agree. Man i'm glad to hear that... thought it was just me. I've gone through a few hundred juices and diys already. To me the term ADV is a mith. There is quite a few that I like but nothing I can vape all day long...its very frustrating, but i've excepted that now. I live in the hope it might happen any day...!
That's the main reason why I don't see vaping as a replacement for smoking....
What flavors work best for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread