Status
Not open for further replies.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
100% agree. Man i'm glad to hear that... thought it was just me. I've gone through a few hundred juices and diys already. To me the term ADV is a mith. There is quite a few that I like but nothing I can vape all day long...its very frustrating, but i've excepted that now. I live in the hope it might happen any day...!
That's the main reason why I don't see vaping as a replacement for smoking....
Well I believed in that myth until bronze mentioned dragons fire.....I had tried a few flavors from hhv, but never DF, then one day bronze said to try, and boy I'm glad I did.. . DF is simply the best juice I have ever vaped in 7 years, which has hot to be hundreds and hundreds of different juices

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
@Bronze Atm HHV...Serendipity and the sister Legend. Received 7 new ones last week..DF is one. They're a bit to fresh still. I'll leave them a while...
Big Spirit, Analog blend and Latakia from Naturally Extracted Tobacco is up there to..

Last edited:

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
What stands out for me about the KF prime, is how good the deeper/complex flavours of a good NET works in it.
The artificial ones don't work well for me in it. They're to "sharp" and the top "sweetish/sourish" tones are almost "irretating" me...

Last edited:

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
100% agree. Man i'm glad to hear that... thought it was just me. I've gone through a few hundred juices and diys already. To me the term ADV is a myth. There is quite a few that I like but nothing I can vape all day long...its very frustrating, but i've excepted that now. I live in the hope it might happen any day...!
That's the main reason why I don't see vaping as a replacement for smoking....

I guess I was lucky 3.5 years ago in that I found a juice I love--Space Jam Eclipse--fairly early on in the process. Then I spent a lot of money looking for a less expensive alternative and never found it. But I have found a dealer that runs lots of sales and that's taken the sting out of the cost. I also vape unflavored at work, and I can buy a liter of that for 40 bucks or so. And I stumbled upon one other juice I like pretty well that's nothing like Eclipse but fairly affordable. I keep three mods going at home on my desk with Eclipse and the other two. Eclipse probably gets 75% of the use, but it's nice to switch off to the others.

Keep at it. You'll find one you like.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
@Bronze Atm HHV...Serendipity and the sister Legend. Received 7 new ones last week..DF is one. They're a bit to fresh still. I'll leave them a while...
Big Spirit, Analog blend and Latakia from Naturally Extracted Tobacco is up there to..
I'm a NET vaper too. Always have been. Tried every NET supplier out there. Many good flavors but none of them turned out to be ADV/EDVs for me. Except one. Dragon's Fire (see Diver's comment above). In fact, Dragon's Fire has become the ADV/EDV vape for many, many people. I'm glad you picked up some. Let it age a couple/few weeks and give it a shot. Advice: Do not give up on DF too quickly. Vape at least a little bit for several days in a row. It will be a somewhat unfamiliar flavor and it takes your mind a little time to wrap itself around it. I found it in August, 2012 and haven't looked back (it was called Gandalf in those days). Now and again I will vape some MOV's Apache or HHVs CAT (a non NET) but 95% of my vape time is with DF.

I guess I was lucky 3.5 years ago in that I found a juice I love--Space Jam Eclipse--fairly early on in the process. Then I spent a lot of money looking for a less expensive alternative and never found it. But I have found a dealer that runs lots of sales and that's taken the sting out of the cost. I also vape unflavored at work, and I can buy a liter of that for 40 bucks or so. And I stumbled upon one other juice I like pretty well that's nothing like Eclipse but fairly affordable. I keep three mods going at home on my desk with Eclipse and the other two. Eclipse probably gets 75% of the use, but it's nice to switch off to the others.

Keep at it. You'll find one you like.
That's the key, got to keep at it. Who sells Space Jam Eclipse? What kind of flavor is it?

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
I'm a NET vaper too. Always have been. Tried every NET supplier out there. Many good flavors but none of them turned out to be ADV/EDVs for me. Except one. Dragon's Fire (see Diver's comment above). In fact, Dragon's Fire has become the ADV/EDV vape for many, many people. I'm glad you picked up some. Let it age a couple/few weeks and give it a shot. Advice: Do not give up on DF too quickly. Vape at least a little bit for several days in a row. It will be a somewhat unfamiliar flavor and it takes your mind a little time to wrap itself around it. I found it in August, 2012 and haven't looked back (it was called Gandalf in those days). Now and again I will vape some MOV's Apache or HHVs CAT (a non NET) but 95% of my vape time is with DF.

That's the key, got to keep at it. Who sells Space Jam Eclipse? What kind of flavor is it?

From Elevated Vaping's web site:

Eclipse by Space Jam E Juice is a completely unique juice that incorporates Cavendish tobacco and sweet vanilla custard. We have found that there are many people in the vaping community that are looking for the tobacco taste, but don't want their juice tasting like pure cigars. Eclipse is a great blend of the sweet Cavendish tobbaco and that custard flavor, like we stated above, which is what many new vapors, and seasoned veterans, are looking for.

I generally buy from Giant Vapes or eLiquid.com.

It's 50-50 and I use 12mg. It tastes, and I'm told the aroma is to, like Black & Mild cigars, which is what I was smoking prior to vaping. Very similar to Captain Black or Dunhill 20000 pipe tobacco. Back when I smoked a pipe it was Dunhill Early Morning Pipe, a light Latakia blend, which tastes great but stinks to most people.

The best cigarettes I ever smoked where Davidoffs my son brought back from Russia. The tobacco was grow in the Ukraine supposedly from ground hit by Chernobyl!

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Wish I could find a ADV, but I get bored of flavors, like 1 for a month, then the search is on for the next good flavor, wasted so much money on not so good juice over the years, at least my wife only sticks to 1 flavor, so only have to search for myself.

Still loving my Kayfun Prime, zero problems so far, I seem too got the wicking right from day 1, really like how it brings out the flavor in custards, as they are normally a mild flavor.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012

Eclipse by Space Jam E Juice is a completely unique juice that incorporates Cavendish tobacco and sweet vanilla custard. We have found that there are many people in the vaping community that are looking for the tobacco taste, but don't want their juice tasting like pure cigars. Eclipse is a great blend of the sweet Cavendish tobbaco and that custard flavor, like we stated above, which is what many new vapors, and seasoned veterans, are looking for.

It's 50-50 and I use 12mg. It tastes, and I'm told the aroma is to, like Black & Mild cigars, which is what I was smoking prior to vaping. Very similar to Captain Black or Dunhill 20000 pipe tobacco. Back when I smoked a pipe it was Dunhill Early Morning Pipe, a light Latakia blend, which tastes great but stinks to most people.

The best cigarettes I ever smoked where Davidoffs my son brought back from Russia. The tobacco was grow in the Ukraine supposedly from ground hit by Chernobyl!
    Sounds similar to HHVs Shadow or Heavenly Army. Both NETs. Both have that creamy base with a cased tobacco top note. Shadow leans toward a vanilla flavor and Heavenly Army towards a graham flavor. You're right, Eclipse is expensive! At least at Giant Vapes.

JUMA55

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 4, 2014
    Waco, TX
    Sounds similar to HHVs Shadow or Heavenly Army. Both NETs. Both have that creamy base with a cased tobacco top note. Shadow leans toward a vanilla flavor and Heavenly Army towards a graham flavor. You're right, Eclipse is expensive! At least at Giant Vapes.

Bronze, thanks for tell me about those. I will check them out.

I cannot taste tobacco in Eclipse. But I sent a bottle to Kat one time and she could. I know I've got to have bad taste buds.

JUMA55

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 4, 2014
    Waco, TX
    Wish I could find a ADV, but I get bored of flavors, like 1 for a month, then the search is on for the next good flavor, wasted so much money on not so good juice over the years, at least my wife only sticks to 1 flavor, so only have to search for myself.

Still loving my Kayfun Prime, zero problems so far, I seem too got the wicking right from day 1, really like how it brings out the flavor in custards, as they are normally a mild flavor.

I went through tons and tons of juices. I would vape one for awhile. It would be great. Then I reach the point where I just couldn't stand it. I still have a bunch of bottles in the freezer of ones I bought, liked 'em, bought more and then decided I hated 'em.

One thing I did discover is I don't like strong flavors. And while I haven't do so lately I have cut them with unflavored. That helps. Start at about 20% unflavored.

The third juice is my rotation is B. Eliquids' Peach-Watermelon. I'm not a big fruit person, real or in juice form, but I do like this one because the flavor is not overpowering.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    Bronze, thanks for tell me about those. I will check them out.

I cannot taste tobacco in Eclipse. But I sent a bottle to Kat one time and she could. I know I've got to have bad taste buds.
    HHV NETS are heavily cased (flavored). The tobacco notes are in the background. One of those things where it doesn't taste like tobacco but if you took it out you would definitely notice it.

Give the Dragon's Fire a try too. That's a must if you're going to do HHV NETs.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl

I think I wanted to try this one, but if I remember correctly, 18mg was the highest? There's quit a few out there I have wanted to try (Charley noble pistachio, black note prelude to name a couple ) but need at least 24mg...there are even a couple from hhv, where the 24 is weak, so I do their 36mg....

Fredman1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    Dragon's Fire has become the ADV/EDV vape for many, many people.
    Have to say i'm getting quite exited with DF. Tried it when I received it (week ago) and didn't like it...tried it again today and its pretty good. I'm dripping it in the Derringer...it brings out the true flavours for me. So often i've dripped something and liked it, but when it goes into a tank, I don't like it as much.
    When I first got HHV (legend/serendipity) I did not care for it. I left it and forgot about it..went into diy. 5 months later I had enough and pulled them out again...man they blew me away. Now i'm stocking up on HHV. I just know they will come good :thumb:

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl

Seriously I was like this for the first 6 years of vaping and then either my taste buds got less picky, or hhv is just somehow perfectly suited to my taste...I never thought I would have and really enjoy 7 to 8 all day vapes until last year, but I do...all but 2 (halo tribecca and uncle cutty from indigo) are from hhv...my favs are dragons fire, tempation, shadow, peach tobacco, sludge, and mocha java smooth. ...

Fredman1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    I'm seriously exited with their juices. My biggest fear now is your FDA might do something silly, and I can't import from them (or the US) anymore.
    I'm tired of frantically chasing juices. I'm quite happy having a few "adv's" that I rotate daily...seems to me that's what the majority is doing to.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    Was messing around with this airflow seal thing and was wondering this,, if you close off juice control completely, is there play in your airflow disc? meaning, can you pull up that af disc slightly? So when this disc is flush with the bottom plate, it is in the correct position, but it can snap upwards about a half mm....just curious if you guys get this? I also , in this upwards position, can now put my thumb across the hole and block off airflow completely. So maybe for those who aren't liking this extra air thing, just snap up the ring? I know it might look funny, not sitting flush at bottom, but maybe it's better then the band? I am taking dry puffs with it snapped up, versus it snapped down, and can't really feel a difference. ..I would say if you cannot seal the tank when this af disc is up and thumb is over hole, maybe that oring is bad, or its just differences in machining

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    Have to say i'm getting quite exited with DF. Tried it when I received it (week ago) and didn't like it...tried it again today and its pretty good. I'm dripping it in the Derringer...it brings out the true flavours for me. So often i've dripped something and liked it, but when it goes into a tank, I don't like it as much.
    When I first got HHV (legend/serendipity) I did not care for it. I left it and forgot about it..went into diy. 5 months later I had enough and pulled them out again...man they blew me away. Now i'm stocking up on HHV. I just know they will come good :thumb:
    The HHV motto is, "Vape it till you like it". People give up on it way too quickly. Give it a good, ample amount of time and it grows on you big time.

JUMA55

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 4, 2014
    Waco, TX
    HHV NETS are heavily cased (flavored). The tobacco notes are in the background. One of those things where it doesn't taste like tobacco but if you took it out you would definitely notice it.

Give the Dragon's Fire a try too. That's a must if you're going to do HHV NETs.

I'll give it a shot sometime.

JUMA55

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 4, 2014
    Waco, TX
    I think I wanted to try this one, but if I remember correctly, 18mg was the highest? There's quit a few out there I have wanted to try (Charley noble pistachio, black note prelude to name a couple ) but need at least 24mg...there are even a couple from hhv, where the 24 is weak, so I do their 36mg....

I maybe wrong, but I don't think I've seen higher than 12. I started vaping at 12mg and for whatever reason have stayed there. It worked, so...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread