Status
Not open for further replies.

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Are you sure on that resistance? Although it's been a while, I could of sworn I was doing 5 or 6 wraps at 2.5mm with the same clapton wire and getting like .7 ohms...not that I thought that was to low, because that's my range anyways but 1.5 ohms isn't even close to what I remember. ..my spool says 36/28, can it also be 28/36?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Been using it for a few years, so unless my ohm meter and all my mods are lying, yes I am sure of 1.5ohms :p

I buy the clapton wire premade from lightning vapes and this is how it is titled - Clapton Wire - 36k / 28k Single Core

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    Been using it for a few years, so unless my ohm meter and all my mods are lying, yes I am sure of 1.5ohms [emoji14]

I buy the clapton wire premade from lightning vapes and this is how it is titled - Clapton Wire - 36k / 28k Single Core

Same exact spool, also from lighting vapes. ... maybe I'm mistaken

LAwaters

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 25, 2014
    That's probably why I had issues, this is what I have been trying....but even with this stuff, I'm getting low resistance. ..what resistance are you getting with that core claptons? Not sure why my pic didn't show, but I have been trying 28/36...

The latest batch is triple core (explains why they are so solid and stable), 3mm ID, 5 wraps coming in at .25 to .3 ohms. I don’t own a Prime as it’s a bit past my budget and I don’t vape MTL anymore. I run my RTA at 50W - I like a warm vape. I used your recommended wicking method and when I try to remove that big organic cotton wick I’ll find out whether this stable coil will hold!

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    The latest batch is triple core (explains why they are so solid and stable), 3mm ID, 5 wraps coming in at .25 to .3 ohms. I don’t own a Prime as it’s a bit past my budget and I don’t vape MTL anymore. I run my RTA at 50W - I like a warm vape. I used your recommended wicking method and when I try to remove that big organic cotton wick I’ll find out whether this stable coil will hold!
    Sounds like a great vape! Sometimes if I add a touch to much, I will take my wick scissors and just clip one side of wick to get it out, but most times I don't have to...first thing I do when rewicking is run some water over deck, then I try to pull out wick. Most times, without hold coil, I just see saw back and forth a few times and although the coil does move some, the wick usually comes out.....

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    Got an email from HHV today which showed the Prime in stock, so I ordered two! It's a shame they don't carry the extension kits and spare parts, but I'm sure I can find those somewhere else.

Waiting patiently now... :thumbs:
    Two? You aren't messing around...

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    Got an email from HHV today which showed the Prime in stock, so I ordered two! It's a shame they don't carry the extension kits and spare parts, but I'm sure I can find those somewhere else.

Waiting patiently now... :thumbs:
    Svoemesto is squirrely about supplying parts to their "official" dealers. HHV may very well have ordered them but still don't have them. It took them this long just to get the Primes.

BuGlen

Divergent
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 6, 2012
    Tampa, Florida
    Two? You aren't messing around...

Always have backups, and these go fast when they're in stock, so I didn't want to chance it. Besides, they're Kayfuns, so even if they're not double super wicked awesome, they're still awesome! :D

Svoemesto is squirrely about supplying parts to their "official" dealers. HHV may very well have ordered them but still don't have them. It took them this long just to get the Primes.

Good point @Bronze. In any case, even if HHV doesn't get the kits, I'm happy I was able to order the tanks from them. Always have great service from them.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 25, 2014

Exactly! It seems that SVM favors their European distributors first, maybe the larger US distributors after, and then the rest of us get our orders filled. That's why we are emphasizing the limited quantity. After they sell, we don't know when we can get them again. @BuGlen has the right idea! :thumbs:

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    Been using it for a few years, so unless my ohm meter and all my mods are lying, yes I am sure of 1.5ohms [emoji14]

So this was bugging me because I just checked another build and I'm getting much lower ohms, anyways the reason I just found is because the 28g in my spool is stainless, so it's 28g ss and 36 kanthal

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    So this was bugging me because I just checked another build and I'm getting much lower ohms, anyways the reason I just found is because the 28g in my spool is stainless, so it's 28g ss and 36 kanthal

yea that will be it ;)

Seems a bit strange to mix ss and kanthal isn't it?

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    yea that will be it ;)

Seems a bit strange to mix ss and kanthal isn't it?
    Yes and when I just went on their site, they don't have that particular mix anymore....maybe that's why It's just so so

MKBarca

ECF Veteran
    Aug 4, 2014
    Northern Ireland
    The Prime enjoying the snow last week in Northern Ireland.

Attachments

• IMG_0520.JPG
      IMG_0520.JPG
      90.7 KB · Views: 67

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    Wanted to try some twisted wire in the prime, so made some twisted 30g...I then thought it would be nice to also flatten it, like ribbon...it looked really nice!! Went to do a build and was having micro short issues, so built another coil and same thing...problem is that when you attach to posts, the wire just breaks...when I flattened, it made cool loops, but too thin and not strong enough...probably need to try twisted 28, but the resistance is going to be to low. So twisted is good, flattened twisted not so good

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2013
    Wanted to try some twisted wire in the prime, so made some twisted 30g...I then thought it would be nice to also flatten it, like ribbon...it looked really nice!! Went to do a build and was having micro short issues, so built another coil and same thing...problem is that when you attach to posts, the wire just breaks...when I flattened, it made cool loops, but too thin and not strong enough...probably need to try twisted 28, but the resistance is going to be to low. So twisted is good, flattened twisted not so good

Try twisted 29g

I use twisted 28g, at 2.8mm, 5/6 wraps at 0.5~ ish ohms.

I run that at 25w (3.6ish volts), but I’ve recently discovered that 28w (3.8ish volts) is really nice too.

Don’t flatten it anymore! Hahaha!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread