Status
Not open for further replies.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
My Prime arrives Monday. For my "5" I watched @qorax video but he doesn't have one for the Prime [to the best of knowledge and belief]. Is there a recommended tutorial or is the Prime similar enough that I can use what I already know?

[Please refrain from commenting upon the insufficiency of what I already know.]
You can look at mine on page one of this thread....

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Sorry, I first saw that page a long time back and forgot it. Thanks.
The only thing is the wicking is rayon, so trimming is more then cotton....I would say if your using cotton and coil diameters like 2 to 2.5, you might not need to trim like I did. It also depends on how much cotton you use. If you use barely enough, then your tails are less and again trimming may not be needed. When I do use cotton and 2.5mm coil, I use a good amount of cotton, probably more then most and I trim just slightly. I guess if you are use to a kayfun mini v3 then just do the same because the decks are similiar, but if your use to a k5, then that might be to much on the ledge if you use the same...it's just a small ledge on the prime and you don't want to overstuff those ledges

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
My Prime arrives Monday. For my "5" I watched @qorax video but he doesn't have one for the Prime [to the best of knowledge and belief]. Is there a recommended tutorial or is the Prime similar enough that I can use what I already know?

[Please refrain from commenting upon the insufficiency of what I already know.]
Use what you already know. Add this if you don't already do....keep wick pushed against outside (away from air hole). Stuff the coil with your normal amount of wick material but trim the tails just so they barely reach the deck floor (lengthwise) and trim them (widthwise) to make them narrower (trim off about 1/3 or so).

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Some people get juice leaking out the air hole. Wicking as I described keeps the liquid from building up and becoming a conduit to the air hole.

I have read that about the Kayfun, I think I dodged the air leak by paying close attention to that qorax video. The Prime doesn't sound too different, I will understand better when I get that little bugger in my hands.

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Steam Tuners wave tank in the house :D

wkWTQfR.jpg

LAwaters

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 25, 2014
    HHV_Valentines_Anniv_2018_Sale_Home.jpg

Hi everyone! HHV is celebrating our 6th anniversary on Valentine's Day. Just wanted to let you all know about the sale going on - 15% off all e-liquids which you can browse here.

Sale Code: LOVEHHV15

I'm seeing some very cool tank pics and Prime love around here. Nice!

FYI: HHV has just one more Prime in stock. We're not sure how long it will be for us to get more. Shipping is from Georgia, and you'll get a free upgrade to USPS Priority Mail when you snag this last Prime. (All orders over $40 enjoy the free upgrade.)

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    View attachment 718243

Hi everyone! HHV is celebrating our 6th anniversary on Valentine's Day. Just wanted to let you all know about the sale going on - 15% off all e-liquids which you can browse here.

Sale Code: LOVEHHV15

I'm seeing some very cool tank pics and Prime love around here. Nice!

FYI: HHV has just one more Prime in stock. We're not sure how long it will be for us to get more. Shipping is from Georgia, and you'll get a free upgrade to USPS Priority Mail when you snag this last Prime. (All orders over $40 enjoy the free upgrade.)
    Nice, need to restock on some DF

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    Hello guys,

New member in the forum and relatevily new in Vaping. Last week I purchased a Kayfun Prime, moving from the trusty Nautilus 2. It's my first RDA/RTA and I found the whole wicking process easy and intresting so I'm experimenting with different builds (once per day) till I find the sweet spot for me. Since the purchase of a Kayfun was a big jump for me (and for my pocket), let me ask the silly question of the day.
    After a week of use I just noticed that the polishing in a small area of the Chimney's base became matt (not as polished as the rest of the Chimney's cylinder)
    I checked mine out today and if I really look close I can see a hint of something, but barely noticeable. I often hear other prime owners say their JC isn't as smooth as their k5's, but mines the opposite. My Prime's JC is so smooth , much smoother then all of my kayfun mini v3's or my k5, so it's probably just the miniscule tolerances . I guess because mine is perhaps perfect, I don't get much friction there. I looked at my kayfun mini v3's and a couple are perfect, but a couple definitely have a band of friction (band of friction, sounds like a cool band name, lol). The ones that do have this band are still ok and work beautifully, but perhaps just not as smooth as the others, so I don't think it's anything to worry about. I did drop a km3 once and it did slightly bend that part , I had to pry it away because it was definitely rubbing metal to metal, so it's kind of easily damaged if dropped just right. So if yours looks like it perfectly round and doesn't touch the other metal as you spin it, it's fine

MKBarca

ECF Veteran
    Aug 4, 2014
    Northern Ireland
    Been vaping the Prime now since I got it, 26th September. I think it’s the closest thing to vaping perfection I’ve seen. Been vaping almost 5 years now. The Lite Plus has always been a firm favourite for me. And I’ll always have a real soft spot for it. But the functionality and small, compact size of the Prime has made it my number 1 tank. I always wished the Lite Plus could have been a bit more compact and offered a glass tank option. The Prime really has taken care of that.

It’s everything I’ve always hoped that Svoemesto would produce. The flavour isn’t night and day better than the older Kayfun models. I think they set the standard back with the Kayfun Lite and nobody has really matched it or improved it since. But the modern features (top fill and deck access with a full tank) make this one bang up to date.

Very difficult to see how Svoemesto develop another MTL tanks after this that might improve it.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 15, 2013
    KY
    I don't care if someone posts a negative comment. Not everyone can like the Prime. That's fine. But this individual was here a month or two ago trashing it once already. I think we all got the message. :)

I understood the message and promptly bought it. Monday is delivery day.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    I don't care if someone posts a negative comment. Not everyone can like the Prime. That's fine. But this individual was here a month or two ago trashing it once already. I think we all got the message. :)
    I remember and agree. Yes no tank is for everyone and if someone bought it and didn't like it, that's understandable. You can even post that it didn't work out, but to come back and reply negatively to a positive post, is just weird imo, as if they are upset that someone is happy about theirs.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread