Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I appreciate the offer, Diver. It's odd, but after waiting (still!) for my rayon to show up, I rewicked the KM3 last night. Was in a hurry, and felt like I really stuffed a lot of cotton - more than usual. It kind of made it taste a little more like the Prime, and did reduce TH a little. Made me think I need to experiment some more to see how little wick I can get by with on Prime. Guess I'm not giving up yet!
Man I could of sent you both, have enough rayon for years...well as long as you have a good working set up, it's kind of fun sometimes experimenting....good luck

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

xstitch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
Maine
Anyone have the steam tuners wave tank for the prime? Just curious to see if you like it? My second hand k5 came with the factory tanks but also a ST tank , but it was stripped and didn't know if this was a common issue..anyways did just order a ST tank for km3 just to see if I would likey, and it's half the price of the wave tank and if I like, might buy the wave tank......

I want a wave tank!!! I have their “clear view” tanks on my mini’s and love them!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Tell us about this wave tank.
Well its like you see the juice right up to the drip tip kind of....it eliminates the metal to metal area where the top cap screws into the threads below....obviously it's going to be metal, whether it be a drip tip or adapter, screwing into plastic, so it's something you have to be careful. ..see right now we have a tank and the metal part it seats into, where you fill, the wave tank is a tank that's sealed on top with holes where you fill....just looks kind of nice

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
@vapdivrr - I have to say thank you for that wicking info you shared! I recently switched to using 3mm ID coils in my current favorite RTA and cannot seem to get the wicking dialed in. Your posts have gone into my permanent notes and I’m going to try your suggestions on my next rewick today.
Thank you LA.....you know I blurt out things that work for me, because I have really spent alot of time with kayfuns, but things that work at 23 watts may not be good at 10, so it's really hard to give perfect advice to all....so, as we all do, we read and listen and sometimes that one little key piece is up there, comes out and helps and hopefully makes a difference .....it's like recipes, sometimes I don't have all the ingredients, so I read 10 recipes and I take a little from each, and it works....thank you

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I want a wave tank!!! I have their “clear view” tanks on my mini’s and love them!!!!

That's what I just ordered, for the km3....looks really nice, but although there not to expensive, I haven't found any US vendors, so shipping kind of makes it expensive. ..do you have the special drip tip? Or just use the stock km3 top? I got the drip tip, which I think looks better and makes it shorter

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Thank you LA.....you know I blurt out things that work for me, because I have really spent alot of time with kayfuns, buy things that work at 23 watts may not be good at 10, so it's really hard to give perfect advice to all....so, as we all do, we read and listen and sometimes that one little key piece is up there, comes out and helps and hopefully makes a difference .....it's like recipes, sometimes I don't have all the ingredients, so I read 10 recipes and I take a little from each, and it works....thank you

Dive, if you recall (back on that original Kayfun Lite thread) we both conducted the same experiment about the same time without knowing we were each doing it. Our conclusions were identical. Dry hits only occurred when there was too little cotton and could never produce a dry hit no matter how much cotton we stuffed in the coil. This was the exact opposite that was being stated by numerous ECF members. Here we are some 4 - 5 years after we conducted our experiments and I remain convinced of our results.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Well its like you see the juice right up to the drip tip kind of....it eliminates the metal to metal area where the top cap screws into the threads below....obviously it's going to be metal, whether it be a drip tip or adapter, screwing into plastic, so it's something you have to be careful. ..see right now we have a tank and the metal part it seats into, where you fill, the wave tank is a tank that's sealed on top with holes where you fill....just looks kind of nice

Just looked at the pictures. Very cool looking. And as usual, ST is not bashful with their pricing. :)

Reactions: AstroTurf

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Dive, if you recall (back on that original Kayfun Lite thread) we both conducted the same experiment about the same time without knowing we were each doing it. Our conclusions were identical. Dry hits only occurred when there was too little cotton and could never produce a dry hit no matter how much cotton we stuffed in the coil. This was the exact opposite that was being stated by numerous ECF members. Here we are some 4 - 5 years after we conducted our experiments and I remain convinced of our results.
You know that's right, I do remember. ..I think that's why I felt as strongly as I did.........I think there was one coil where the flavor was bad from too much, but I'm now certain it was from to much down the ledge.....

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Just looked at the pictures. Very cool looking. And as usual, ST is not bashful with their pricing. :)
Yes and shipping really does you in.....basically it's 50 bucks just for the km3 one with shipping...but that's with the special drip tip.... but I have wanted one for over a year and finally broke down

xstitch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
Maine
That's what I just ordered, for the km3....looks really nice, but although there not to expensive, I haven't found any US vendors, so shipping kind of makes it expensive. ..do you have the special drip tip? Or just use the stock km3 top? I got the drip tip, which I think looks better and makes it shorter

I just use the stock top......
0e85c2283ca86de52b1d5c1b15fc1df1.jpg

xstitch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
Maine
Yes and shipping really does you in.....basically it's 50 bucks just for the km3 one with shipping...but that's with the special drip tip.... but I have wanted one for over a year and finally broke down

The shipping is horrible but it arrives fairly quick. Make sure to post pics!!!!

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I don’t recall there being a special drip tip when I ordered for the mini :(

Maybe they didn't have them at that time....I know now they sell 2 different style tips that you just screw into tank, and with those, you don't use the stock top part....buy using these special tips, it eliminates the extra lenght of the stock nipple top...but also you could buy one of these special tips and not like the size and waste 10 or so dollars

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Maybe they didn't have them at that time....I know now they sell 2 different style tips that you just screw into tank, and with those, you don't use the stock top part....buy using these special tips, it eliminates the extra lenght of the stock nipple top...but also you could buy one of these special tips and not like the size and waste 10 or so dollars

Here’s one...

272286a64394b46d2b7e7cc4881e2bc5.jpg

96cd6ed835f5c13c8895f5fa0c16d1fa.jpg

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Here’s one...

272286a64394b46d2b7e7cc4881e2bc5.jpg

96cd6ed835f5c13c8895f5fa0c16d1fa.jpg

Yes that's the one I got, with the lines running around....but you aren't using them with the ST'S tank? Looks like you have something different there to eliminate that long nipple that I hate...looks so much better!

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Remember this drip tip? This is an original Kayfun Lite (not a plus). Purchased shortly after Svoemesto released them.

View attachment 704581

I love those drip tips, it has the perfect bore hole for me, I never found anymore like them. everything is all wide bore now. :(

KAS

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Yes that's the one I got, with the lines running around....but you aren't using them with the ST'S tank? Looks like you have something different there to eliminate that long nipple that I hate...looks so much better!

Mounted on a KayFun Mini V3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread