Authentic Svoemesto Kayfun Prime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vape Muppet

Apr 12, 2019
UK
They are absolutely beautiful.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Thanks. Only mechs I kept along with my GP Paps. Mainly use my Gus mods with Titanium mods Ukrainian atomizers, tend to compliment each other well.

Also just for you @vapdivrr

Achilles_Lord_18350.jpg

Last edited:

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Not sure how the rest of you folks are ensuring the coil height is consistent, but I've found this method gives me the height off the airflow that gives me the best experience.

There's a ~2mm gap between the bottom of the coil and the airflow.
8b9d1a91fd11fb2d60b2c419c6b8f905.jpg
That's a good way and never thought about it. Because I use a blunt tip needle to rewick, its something that's right there, so I use it to set my coil height. Its 1.3mm diameter and I simply slide it under the middle of coil to check. So in the end my coil sits about 1.5 mm. Your measurements would change a little using that method if you used it like on the new kfl where the af tube is higher then deck...

access0denied

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2015
Anyone happen to know if it's a bad idea to put the Kayfun Prime - DLC into a ultrasonic cleaner. Got a Ultrasonic Cleaner coming today in the mail. Just afraid that it'll mess with the DLC coating. Might sound like a dumb question, but I have no experience with these cleaners. My gut tells me that I should be fine, but really don't wanna learn the hard way by dropping a 200 dollar tank into the cleaner, and have it screw with the DLC coating.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Anyone happen to know if it's a bad idea to put the Kayfun Prime - DLC into a ultrasonic cleaner. Got a Ultrasonic Cleaner coming today in the mail. Just afraid that it'll mess with the DLC coating. Might sound like a dumb question, but I have no experience with these cleaners. My gut tells me that I should be fine, but really don't wanna learn the hard way by dropping a 200 dollar tank into the cleaner, and have it screw with the DLC coating.
I see no problems with it. If it were me i would take off all the o-rings and insulators. Metal parts only.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I purchased from Zen a ceracoat kabuki and boiled it clean when I got home... the shortest lived ceracoat in history.
That's boiling though. He's talking about ultrasonic. But maybe I'm not understanding the DLC. Is that a coating? If so, then I'd be more inclined to research it further before using the cleaner. I still think it would be fine but I cannot be certain and would want to be sure first.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe
@vapdivrr your talking about, and info you put forth, inspired me to hunt down the NX75-A. Took me a bit, can't be found in the US anymore, but managed to find them at Aspire. They still have both NX75-A and NX75-S. I love it!!! Wouldn't have known about it without your mentioning it.
So, thanks! ;) Prime on top.
IMG_0651 fixed crop.jpg

It is a really nice mod. Very comfy in hand. I'm impressed with the build quality compared to many mods. Love how the screen flips too. Considering grabbing another for stash.
Cheers

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
@vapdivrr your talking about, and info you put forth, inspired me to hunt down the NX75-A. Took me a bit, can't be found in the US anymore, but managed to find them at Aspire. They still have both NX75-A and NX75-S. I love it!!! Wouldn't have known about it without your mentioning it.
View attachment 820881
It is a really nice mod. Very comfy in hand. I'm impressed with the build quality compared to many mods. Love how the screen flips too. Considering grabbing another for stash.
Cheers
Nice little mod.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013

I probably wouldn’t, just to be safe.

Reason being, is that it’s hard to get an answer on exactly which DLC coating and/application method they’ve used.

Maybe if you get a spare DLC metal tank for the Kayfun, you could try it on just that...?

I purchased from Zen a ceracoat kabuki and boiled it clean when I got home... the shortest lived ceracoat in history.

CeraKote and DLC are very different things.

DLC (Diamond-Like Coating) is closer to the VPD process that Zen~ uses/used on the ZenKote items.

-

CeraKote is more similar to a paint, and is applied the same way...a paint gun. Then it needs to be baked on (temp/time varies per application), to activate the ceramic properties it contains...hence the “Cera” part of its name.

That’s likely the reason why the CeraKote boiled off your Kabuki...it essentially melted the non-ceramic properties of the CeraKote, which weakened its structure and allowed it to flake off.

That's boiling though. He's talking about ultrasonic. But maybe I'm not understanding the DLC. Is that a coating? If so, then I'd be more inclined to research it further before using the cleaner. I still think it would be fine but I cannot be certain and would want to be sure first.

Most commonly, DLC is used in a lot of CNC-tool heads, certain parts of the medical industry (including metal implants, due to its human-body-safe chemistry)...

Heck, if you shave your face with a multi-blade razor (Gillette, Schick, etc) most of those brands use a DLC coating on their blades.

The black stainless steel Apple Watches use a DLC process to coat the enclosure.

b285ce39c86f7f5166131a675ed06f0a.jpg

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
View attachment 820881
Cheers
I use these mods more then any other. I have 4 or 5 and love them and really got lucky when I bought. At one time I was getting them for 30 bucks , as I think it was a sell off sale....all are the aluminum versions and just fit my mod preferences, love small, light single 18650's....anyways thank you

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

RadiusNick

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2017
you can contact Svoemesto and ask them,they're quit helpful.

access0denied

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2015
you can contact Svoemesto and ask them,they're quit helpful.

Well I ran it last night in the cleaner. Looks nice and clean. Coating is still intact without any issues. I also left the o-rings on, and no leaks. But uggggg, really had to lube up those o-rings afterwards.

Leech

Jan 12, 2012
Man Cave
Hi folks, it's been half a year since I've gotten my Primes (authentic, in case anyone's wondering), and I still can't quite get comfortable with it. Back to the KFL+.

I've decided to sell both my Primes (no extension) and you guys are about the only ones I can reach out to. Please contact me either via PM or on Telegram (Jack).
Appreciate any help rendered.

To admins, please remove if this post isn't allowed, but it seems like ECF has stopped verifying members to the classifieds.

Thanks all, for sharing the knowledge.
Really been enjoying the amazing conversations in this forum.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Thanks Deemac, but I feel I've given it enough time and variety of builds to know we don't get along.
I think I may have offered before but you can send one to me and see what luck I have. Or do you live in some far off place that I'm unaware of?

Leech

Jan 12, 2012
Man Cave
I think I may have offered before but you can send one to me and see what luck I have. Or do you live in some far off place that I'm unaware of?
Thanks for the offer Bronze, but I live in the only country that bans chewing gum, and if chewing gum's banned, we don't even have room to talk about vape advocacy here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread