Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
My other concern is not having that juice flow control. But I am thinking perhaps I can be more diligent with the wicking to control that?
I will say the 19 is finickier to wick vs the Prime or the Mni V3 or any other Kayfun for that matter. I'm not certain why. I don't know why the juice flow control would make a difference and the decks are all the same/similar. But for whatever reason the wicking sweet spot is smaller on the 19 versus others.

And yes, if you're vaping NETs you're gonna need to ungunk frequently so removing the tank from the base to refill is not extra work for you. You can get a longmode kit for the 19 that roughly doubles your juice capacity. I know some NETs can trash a coil within 2mls. Some 6 - 8mls. Depending on yours, that longmode kit could be a worthy investment.

Tabac man

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2019
London
One more thing with the Lite version. I've heard of complaints of whistling. Anyone get that? I tried the Berserker MTL RDA V2 and I got whistling all the time, drove me crazy. Never had that issue with the Prime.

I had whistling when tightening the airflow down to a tight draw. Wide open it was fine. I fixed it with the XS centre pin. No more whistle. I run my authentic Lite and two clones with the XS centre pins and long mode kit. They are the only tanks I use now.

CAAB

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2019
New York
Alright, so I sold some stuff to buy some stuff. Got that Kayfun Lite 2019 DLC in the shopping cart, but now I can afford the Prime DLC. Don't need to tinker with the airflow control and don't care about top fill, so I am still leaning towards that Lite 2019 with the XS center pin.

Hard choice, but I really like the sleek look and simplicity of the Lite.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Alright, so I sold some stuff to buy some stuff. Got that Kayfun Lite 2019 DLC in the shopping cart, but now I can afford the Prime DLC. Don't need to tinker with the airflow control and don't care about top fill, so I am still leaning towards that Lite 2019 with the XS center pin.

You wont lose either way.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013

Plus, if you end up wanting top fill, Steam Tuners has a kit.

It’s awesome.

I have one on all five of my Lites...

Tabac man

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2019
London

If you like a tighter draw you might not like a Prime. Just depends on how tight is tight for you.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Thanks everyone for the recommendations, I purchased the DLC Lite 2019 with XS center pin. Now I am eyeing a Dicode Dani Box Mini of course, lol, but I am thinking that is a long ways off. Still, I think the Lost Vape Paranormal DNA 250c will be a good pairing with the Kayfun.
Don’t forget the Deeming regs kick in in May. The availability of gear is up in the air.

CAAB

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2019
New York
Don’t forget the Deeming regs kick in in May. The availability of gear is up in the air.

Not to hijack this forum, but I have admittedly not followed the whole FDA thing. What you're saying is that the deadline to file to FDA for anything e-cigarette related is May? So what would that mean for ordering from companies in the UK for example, they would not be allowed to sell here?

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Not to hijack this forum, but I have admittedly not followed the whole FDA thing. What you're saying is that the deadline to file to FDA for anything e-cigarette related is May? So what would that mean for ordering from companies in the UK for example, they would not be allowed to sell here?
Correct

ecksbocks

Mar 20, 2019
Hi,

First time poster. I Just received the Prime after switching from DL to MTL and testing some tanks to see what works for me. The KFP is really nice, i must say.

The thing is i was expecting it to be perfectly airtight as this price point, but i don't believe it is, i only notice it on the three smallest air flow settings, but i prefer the II and III setting. Is there anything one can do to fix this minor issue?

Thanks!

Reactions: stols001

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Hi,

First time poster. I Just received the Prime after switching from DL to MTL and testing some tanks to see what works for me. The KFP is really nice, i must say.

The thing is i was expecting it to be perfectly airtight as this price point, but i don't believe it is, i only notice it on the three smallest air flow settings, but i prefer the II and III setting. Is there anything one can do to fix this minor issue?

Thanks!
I’m not sure I follow you. What do you mean by “perfectly airtight”.

ecksbocks

Mar 20, 2019
When i read my post today i can see it doesn’t make at all. Sorry.
Perfectly airtight was also bad choosen words.

The feeling i get is when vaping on the three tightest holes is that some air is not traveling only from the selected slot, but also from another place on the tank. Like It’s not sealed. However, this can all be in my head, i should say. Hope that makes more sense.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Oh well don’t mind me. I just put my fingers on the air intake to cut off the airflow and i couldn’t get any air in. It is sealed and It’s all in my head. Or my ears, since it was the sound that made me beleive i had an issue.

Then it’s perfect! :hubba:
You took our advice right out of our mouths. :)

ecksbocks

Mar 20, 2019
Now when i can let that go and just vape i want to tell you how great it vapes. I been vaping on EhPro True, which i believe is a good tank, and it performs well, but the KFP feel so much more balanced, taste wise with a wider gammut, if that makes sense.

Attachments

• BDE3AD0A-E3FE-4439-AC69-10254363C276.jpeg
    BDE3AD0A-E3FE-4439-AC69-10254363C276.jpeg
    29.9 KB · Views: 35

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Now when i can let that go and just vape i want to tell you how great it vapes. I been vaping on EhPro True, which i believe is a good tank, and it performs well, but the KFP feel so much more balanced, taste wise with a wider gammut, if that makes sense.
All three of the smaller Kayfuns are all stars. The Kayfun Mini V3, Prime, and KFL 2019. It's just a matter of feature preference. I still use all three. Don't ask which one I would take if I could have only one. :) They all have their advantages. If the Prime had an internal airflow adjustment I would probably take that one above the others. The Prime certainly vapes like a champ.

ecksbocks

Mar 20, 2019
What is the the pros with internal airflow adjustment? KFL 2019 has it right?
All three of the smaller Kayfuns are all stars. The Kayfun Mini V3, Prime, and KFL 2019. It's just a matter of feature preference. I still use all three. Don't ask which one I would take if I could have only one. :) They all have their advantages. If the Prime had an internal airflow adjustment I would probably take that one above the others. The Prime certainly vapes like a champ.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
What is the the pros with internal airflow adjustment? KFL 2019 has it right?
Everyone has their preferences. I speak for myself only. An internal airflow such as seen on the Kayfun Mini V3 and KFL19 takes up hardly any volume and certainly less parts and complexity versus an external airflow ring like on the Prime or V5. An internal airflow setting requires more effort to set your desired flow vs external but it isn't hard to do. Given the mass of people rarely change their airflow setting, this "set once and forget" internal design simply allows for a more compact atomizer, less complexity, and nothing that comes out of adjustment. For those who like to change airflow frequently (don't know many people like that), then the external airflow adjustment might be a better design for them.

Also, an internal air flow screw allows for a continuous setting. An external system forces you to use one of their pre-factored holes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread