Best tanks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rc10mike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
What are the best tanks out there? Im a noob to mods in general and Im trying to find the best tank to use on a Provari. From what Ive seen, MANY companies make tanks, but some of them only sell generic carts to go with them....thats where I cant decide..

I know a lot depends on personal use, but what is considered the best tanks and cartos to use with the Provari? Cost doesnt matter, I just want something that doesnt leak, doesnt pull apart, had good performance, and easy to get replacement parts for. I could go with 3ml or 6ml..

Ive been doing so much research here in the last month my brain hurts from the information overflow, sometimes I just have to sit back and ask, so sorry if this has been asked before:(

vapnoob

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
TX
I've heard good things about the ones from bigdaddy I haven't used them personally I've also heard that the lava tanks that Johnboy usmc makes are splendid, once again haven't had the pleasure so can't tell you personally however this is a link to what I've been using and I love it some people complain about it because it doesn't have a window on it but I haven't had any trouble with it it's been a great tank.

ACTv4 (Arry Carto Tank) IN STOCK! http://stormysvaporcellar.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=449 [] - $59.99 : Stormys Vapor Cellar, Electronic Cigarettes & More

Tyberias

Jun 1, 2010
TN
Provapes has decent tanks with polished metal caps and a polypropolyne tank (isn't harmed by a lot of the juices that kill polycarbonate tanks). They are on sale right now too. I just ordered 2 more 3.5mL tanks myself. Hard to beat for 11$ each.

Btw, if you ever get a tank that seems to come apart too easy, just go to Home Depot and grab some larger (as in thicker, not size) o-rings to replace the ones on your tank for a tighter fit.

rc10mike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
bigdaddyvapor.com has some good tanks. clouds of vapor has SS map tanks which is also a very good tank.
Those seem to be popular from what Ive read..
I've heard good things about the ones from bigdaddy I haven't used them personally I've also heard that the lava tanks that Johnboy usmc makes are splendid, once again haven't had the pleasure so can't tell you personally however this is a link to what I've been using and I love it some people complain about it because it doesn't have a window on it but I haven't had any trouble with it it's been a great tank.

ACTv4 (Arry Carto Tank) IN STOCK! [url]http://stormysvaporcellar.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=449 [] - $59.99 : Stormys Vapor Cellar, Electronic Cigarettes & More[/url]
Looks VERY nice, but I should've added that I want something I can see.
Provapes has decent tanks with polished metal caps and a polypropolyne tank (isn't harmed by a lot of the juices that kill polycarbonate tanks). They are on sale right now too. I just ordered 2 more 3.5mL tanks myself. Hard to beat for 11$ each.

Btw, if you ever get a tank that seems to come apart too easy, just go to Home Depot and grab some larger (as in thicker, not size) o-rings to replace the ones on your tank for a tighter fit.

Ive never owned a tank yet, thanks for the tips!

Eric in NJ

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2012
New Jersey
Liquinator and Phiniac tanks I found to be the best. I have a SS lil mama and I can't stand it, it leaks when you fill it, it only holds about 2ml. It is so hard to get the carto into the caps that I literally have to put all my weight on it to get it into the cap. While doing this is shoots out juice all the over the place so there is always only 1.5ml of juice after i finally get it together.

Last edited:

Freddie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
The NETWORK
PHINIAC tanks are hands down the BEST tanks out on the Vaping market today! It is a NO WORRIES tank! They will NOT and I mean NOT CRACK when vaping on flavors like Banana, Cinnamon, or ANY other HIGH ACIDIC e-liquids because they are made of a thick grade of PYREX! PHINIAC has a SALE this week ONLY on their ORIGINAL sand-blast designs and NEW sand-blast designs! Check them out!

COUPON CODES:
ORIGINAL sand-blast designs for 10% off: 4blast10
NEW sand-blast designs for 15% off: myth15

phiniac.com :D

tom79

Mar 21, 2011
London, UK
I have two VPX tanks and I like them a lot. They were expensive but are trouble free compare to my other cheaper tanks. I bought just one to begin with and ordered the second one soon after. And yeah, they look great on the ProVari dream machine :laugh: I still need to get some Phiniacs but I am finding it hard to justify yet another expense. I must have spent good £500 on my vaping goodies in last month or so.

Zebassis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2012
Sandy Hook CT
Personally I prefer the Phiniac. Have 3, and eyeing more.... SO hard to resist.... I also have a Big Daddy lil mamna with the procise finish, and love the quality of it.. Several others such as the smoktech that I got when new(ish) to vaping, map tank, mini sub, jtank etc.. But I always end up filling the Phiniac.

Yes, they are expensive, but I can't imagine them ever wearing out, and if you watch some of the drop (and throw) test vids on their site, I'm not worried about the occasional times I knock over my Provari either lol.. Use them with your choice of carto as you can get them in different sizes and styles giving you something unique.

In the end it's down to personal choice and budget and as folk always say, if it keeps you off the stinky sticks, it's worth every penny!

andyman97

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Upstate NY, USA
The lavatank is, IMO, by far the best tank but they are difficult to get.

IMG_20120331_135406.jpg

IMG_20120331_180203.jpg

barqs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Any opinions on the mom and pop sub or mini sub?

I bought 8 tanks from Mom and Pops 4 subs and 4 Minis. I love them and theyre super easy to fill if you don't mind the screw on the side and are leak free you can't easily pull those suckers apart like some of the other tanks I tried (lots of juice wated just from pulling drip dip off or unscewing from mod never happens with these). I think there is a vid on youtube demonstrating these with other tanks they were the best. I liked them so much I just ordered 4 more sub tanks excellent price as well there as I get them without the pre punched cartos. So at $9.49 without cartos they can't be beat, they are the best bang for the buck and work great in my can mods from sincitymods as they don't leak!!

bhami007

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2012
Texas, USA
Any opinions on the mom and pop sub or mini sub?

I have been using the mini sub for about a week and it is working great on my mini. Makes for a very compact vape setup. They don't hold as much liquid as some of the other tanks but I like to switch different flavors through out the day. So I've been really enjoying them.

I am also excited to check out the Z-Atty Pro......still waiting.

bhami007

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2012
Texas, USA
Only got DC tanks to compare to but i just love my Phiniac. Dont see anything that can be improved to make my vape experience better. Next order i will toss a tank tool from them in order to, regret i didnt do that. Im using 3.0 boges in it.
030-4.jpg

That is a nice looking tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread