Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I think this little puppy is cute. "Muna" means egg in Finnish. :)

"Muna"-tank, stainless steel | FinnVape - Sähkötupakka- ja nikotiinineste-kauppa

Muna1.jpg

RedhatPat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2012
Lancaster, Pa
Please let me know what tank your using on your provari. im looking for a top of the line tank to make my provari look like a million bucks

Phiniac has my vote for looks and performance but it feels like a lifetime ago since I've used mine. I keep hearing good things about the kayfun stuff so I'm starting to get an itch to try that out for size. (even though it's a rebuildable).

I have a Protank 2 coming from Avidvaper so I'm looking forward to trying that out. If you like the taste of BCC's then the Protank stuff is good, too. Afterall who wants to sacrifice taste/performance for looks alone, na'mean?

RHP

Last edited:

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
Phiniac has my vote for looks and performance but it feels like a lifetime ago since I've used mine. I keep hearing good things about the Kayfun stuff so I'm starting to get an itch to try that out for size. (even though it's a rebuildable).

I have a Protank 2 coming from Avidvaper so I'm looking forward to trying that out. If you like the taste of BCC's then the Protank stuff is good, too. Afterall who wants to sacrifice taste/performance for looks alone, na'mean?

RHP

The cool thing I like about RBA's is you don't have to rebuild them often (unless you want too).
After having tried various setups I discovered I really like cotton.
Snatch the old one out, use my mech to burn off anything on the coil, replace with new cotton.
The whole process literally takes less than 5 minutes.
It takes me longer to figure out what juice I want to vape.

Katch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2013
California

Preloader

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Oakland, CA
I finally found the perfect tank for me! This is the 22mm Salt & Pepper tank. I purchased the 23mm style and sold it because it was too heavy. I thought I would try this one and it is a bit lighter... probably because it's a little smaller and the end caps aren't as big.

DSC_0627_zpsefd7cfcf.jpg

Finally your quest is over. Phew! hahaha

That 22mm SnP looks great. I think I prefer seeing the entire tank tube and o-rings. And who doesn't like lighter tanks? ;)

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
I just saw that cig techs has that, How easy is it to build the coils, and get it wicking correctly?

Since no one has posted this yet, I have to. The Ithaka is a great silica rba, and has now replaced all my other tanks as ADV.
wOZfBBA.jpg

Ok, I see now that the one cig techs has, is a clone but still would like to know.

Last edited:

redeyes24321

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2013
Colorado
I just saw that cig techs has that, How easy is it to build the coils, and get it wicking correctly?

Ok, I see now that the one cig techs has, is a clone but still would like to know.
Its very easy to set up. The only draw back is you have to use resistance, and non-resistance wires. But I can vape it bone dry before noticing its empty, and once I set it up its good for about a month. Also the easiest tank I've ever had to fill up. They have authentic ones at cloudsofvapor.com

Katch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2013
California
Its very easy to set up. The only draw back is you have to use resistance, and non-resistance wires. But I can vape it bone dry before noticing its empty, and once I set it up its good for about a month. Also the easiest tank I've ever had to fill up. They have authentic ones at cloudsofvapor.com

Legitimate question so please take it sincerely, I don't want the tone to come across the wrong way, I'm just curious...what benefit is there to buying one of these over say a Protank for 1/20 the price if one already builds their own coils?

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Legitimate question so please take it sincerely, I don't want the tone to come across the wrong way, I'm just curious...what benefit is there to buying one of these over say a Protank for 1/20 the price if one already builds their own coils?

I posted my question a long time ago, and sense that time I got 2 Kayfun lites (1 is a +) and if you can build pro-tank coils, you can build one for these, and the do not need the nr-r-nr wires. they are a $100.00, but the flavor is fantastic.
Just my :2c:

KAS

darkgear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Islands in the middle of the sea

Juice flow control. no flooding or gurgling.
Air flow control. Not dependent on the the PV 510 connector.
Coil customization. Single or dual coils. I guess you can do this in the Protank too but the range of coils you can build in the protank is limited.
Wicking material. same as above.
Auto juice feed which you can turn on or off.
Auto center pin adjustment.
Auto ceramic cup drain which you can turn on or off though not easily. Only accessible before building a coil.
Easier filling of the tank compared to Protank. Except maybe unitank might be close.
High quality material and construction. Similar argument used for ProVari vs other mods.
Upgradeable. Imeo is making an upgrade parts.
Ability to use as a hybrid(no 510 connector) on GG mechs.
Subjective but Flavor, Throat Hit and Vapor production is far superior.

That's what I come up with off the top of my head. Still probably not worth 10-15x as much for some people. For me just the first two and flavor difference was good enough.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Juice flow control. no flooding or gurgling.
Air flow control. Not dependent on the the PV 510 connector.
Coil customization. Single or dual coils. I guess you can do this in the Protank too but the range of coils you can build in the protank is limited.
Wicking material. same as above.
Auto juice feed which you can turn on or off.
Auto center pin adjustment.
Auto ceramic cup drain which you can turn on or off though not easily. Only accessible before building a coil.
Easier filling of the tank compared to Protank. Except maybe unitank might be close.
High quality material and construction. Similar argument used for ProVari vs other mods.
Upgradeable. Imeo is making an upgrade parts.
Ability to use as a hybrid(no 510 connector) on GG mechs.
Subjective but Flavor, Throat Hit and Vapor production is far superior.

That's what I come up with off the top of my head. Still probably not worth 10-15x as much for some people. For me just the first two and flavor difference was good enough.

It sounds like you like it more than the Sophia. :)

darkgear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
It sounds like you like it more than the Sophia. :)

Nope. Sophia vs Ithaka:

-better flavor
-easier to rebuild
-easier to fill(i guess depends on the tank you use)
-cheaper

I think the only advantage the Ithaka has is AFC.

I was just answering Katch's specific question.

darkgear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Nope you can take that away too, the sophia also has that, may not be as good of one but it has it. :)

It has limited AFC and it still goes down through the 510 connector. Put the Sophia a SnP and push it all the way down and you will get zero airflow. There's nothing the Sophia can do about it if the tank is flush with the top cap of the ProVari.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread