Brass Screen Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

PGVG

Sep 16, 2010
Alta Loma, CA
Where does the juice go? Into the atty, around the screens? Help us out with the big picture (no pun). Thanks.

It goes through the screens! It Just leaks in a little slowly. Works GREAT! Getting about 25-30 drags per fill (of about 8-10, maybe 12 drops. Sure beats 3-5 drags (per 2 drops) per fiddle around with poly-fill. My second reservior mod and the best yet.

Thanks.

PGVG

Sep 16, 2010
Alta Loma, CA
I've been playing around with all of the different mods, and haven't been satisfied. I got some stainless screens a few weeks ago but couldn't decide how to use them. The screens would always move further into the cart when I tried, and there seemed to be no good method for refilling.
Yesterday I found these black pop in led holders at Radio Shack and they fit nicely onto the end of the cart. Catalog #: 276-079
These also reduce the opening which acts sort of like a ZFM. My only problem was some leaking around the edges. So right now I am wrapping them with teflon plumbers tape to make a good seal. I tried a sort of O ring but everything I had was too big.
I have fit two layers of screen into the plug and punched a hole through them ahead of time to increase flow a bit and aid in refilling. This seems to work pretty good so far. What I love about this is that it is solid and removable. Once it is assembled I don't need tweezers or anything. I can stick a needle through the hole and refill from the bottom up. I can also take it off and look to see what is left in the cart without worrying that I am upsetting the delicate balance of air/juice flow.
I'm pretty new around here and I don't think I can start any threads yet, but I thought some of you might be interested in these plastic inserts. They are 5 for $1.50 I think.

You ought to repost with instructions/pictures on how you made your mod with the LED holders and the rest.
Sounds like a mod in it's own right.

k3vin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
OK USA
www.vaperstek.org
I posted on how I am using them here ..

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/cartridge-mods/129401-adm-adjustment.html

I have been usingthem for about 3 days now,and it is working pretty good.I am only using a 2x2x4mm piece of filler if that..sometimes it wants to flood,but most of the tme it doesnt..just have to play around with the size of the filler depending on juice viscosity..And while it depends on the size of your atty.my LED plugs are FLUSH with the end of my cart..actually,it seems I get flooding if the holder starts coming out of the cart,then it leaks around the edges as monster has stated.SO,make sure it is a snug fit..Hence the sandpaper.to "FINE TUNE" the edges

Last edited:

PGVG

Sep 16, 2010
Alta Loma, CA
Yesterday I found these black pop in led holders at Radio Shack and they fit nicely onto the end of the cart. Catalog #: 276-079. These also reduce the opening which acts sort of like a ZFM. My only problem was some leaking around the edges. So right now I am wrapping them with teflon plumbers tape to make a good seal. I tried a sort of O ring but everything I had was too big.

I have fit two layers of screen into the plug and punched a hole through them ahead of time to increase flow a bit and aid in refilling. This seems to work pretty good so far.
What I love about this is that it is solid and removable. Once it is assembled I don't need tweezers or anything. I can stick a needle through the hole and refill from the bottom up. I can also take it off and look to see what is left in the cart without worrying that I am upsetting the delicate balance of air/juice flow.

Unless you are using some other kind of cart (NOT a 510), I don't see how you are going to fit a round peg in a semi-rectangular hole. Please tell us how you get it to fit into a 510 cart. Because the 510 carts have a semi-rectangular opening.

HOW DO YOU DO IT??

b00stzx3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2009
Frederick, MD
i had given up on this until I realized I made a fatal flaw. I put the brass cone in upside down! Made a "cup" looking into the cart. It would work for a few drags and then nothing. Went to fill it up and it would just pool in there, and then flood, and e-juice taste no bueno. For anyone else that has/will make this mistake..... this is how it goes in. Also HUGE thanks for this mod! Love it now I got it working right.
brass%20mod%20diagram.JPG

RedneckHippy

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2010
Dallas
As a new Vaper, (got my kit on Monday) I tried the conventional carts. After 3 puffs I was already noticing a flavor change and suspected fiber burn. Tried looking for brass wool at my local gun shop but they didnt have any. Ran down to local smoke shop and picked up a couple packs of screens. This Mod is AWESOME. No leaks, and the flavor and vapor are good.

mg7454

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2011
ROFL
OK...
I'm using this and having success with it. No cleaning poly, burnt taste, straws, paper clips, etc., just plug & play. It favors the VG mix but PG seems to work too (maybe not as good as the VG though). It has only been tried (by me) on a 510 because thats all I use.

These are three 1/2 brass pipe screens shown below.
View attachment 4413 View attachment 4414 View attachment 4415 View attachment 4416 View attachment 4417

Respects

That's pretty nifty! However, if you fold the screens in half and then roll into a cone, it will hold more juice because it is doubled up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread