Calling all ex-smokers.... how long since your last cigarette?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I found vaping in March of 2010 and joined ECF a couple of months after. Haven't had a smoke since early May 2010. Even then, vaping took me down rapidly from 2 PAD to a smoke after meals and before bedtime. Once I stayed at that point for a few weeks I decided to just not buy another pack. vaping took over and cured my cravings.

For those who vape and have held on to those last few cigarettes here and there, once you finally make the decision to give up smoking, it's probably not as hard as you think it will be. Vape hearty and set a date to finish the last pack. If your experience is similar to mine, you will find it easy to leave the smokes behind. 24mg juice made it easy for me. You can taper off on the nic at some point after quitting the cigs and find a happy spot. I've been at 3mg nic strength for most of my vaping experience.

Last edited:

muza123

Feb 14, 2021
The majority of us know that vaping is at least 95-100% better for our health, than smoking was. And switching to vaping from smoking has worked for us.

I'd love to see a roll call of how long it's been since you last smoked a cigarette. Whether it is 10 years, 10 days, or 10 hours, please post :thumbs:

For me, it is 3 years and 19 days
2 months now! Slipped up the od time and smoked the odd one but quite proud of myself for coming this far and don't see myself going back to that lifestyle. :vapor:

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
11.146 years ago this hour, I received my first cigalike and accidentally ended my 35-year smoking habit the same afternoon.
I had been buying from the Ukraine and had 5-6 cartons on hand. Quitting had been inconceivable and I was stocked up with no plans to quit smoking. A week or so later, I lit one and tried to smoke it, out of curiosity. It was nasty! So, that last (half consumed cigarette) was about 11.1 years ago.

Thanks to all the great people I found on ECF who helped me in the early quest for a good vape!

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Well - Very long story short . . . After approximately 50 years (Started approximately at 14 yo) of smoking cigarettes (up to almost 3-4 PAD) and almost 8+ years of being a Dual-User (Joined ECF in 2011) - Finally cut back to 1 - 2 PAD (still smoke cigarettes even after a Quintuple Bypass 6 years ago & an AFib 5 years ago) - the last cigarette I had was exactly 2 years ago last week - February 25, 2019 . . . Just Sayin' . . . :rolleyes:

1ab4dc0a2ad81503f2f3e79e043c5645.gif

ChadC1985

Mar 4, 2021
It's been over 2 weeks since I smoked a cigarette. Absolutely blown away at my unknown ability to sustain any length without a cigarette or nicotine. I got a disposable vape one night and tried it and I said oh wow this works. Haven't smoked one cigarette since. I have been wanting to quit smoking so bad though. I can't even be around a cigarette because the smell now is horrendous even after only 2 weeks. I won't be going back. #killingmonsters lol

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
It's been over 2 weeks since I smoked a cigarette. Absolutely blown away at my unknown ability to sustain any length without a cigarette or nicotine. I got a disposable vape one night and tried it and I said oh wow this works. Haven't smoked one cigarette since. I have been wanting to quit smoking so bad though. I can't even be around a cigarette because the smell now is horrendous even after only 2 weeks. I won't be going back. #killingmonsters lol
In recent years, I've been a bit "blown away", when I've left the house without my APV and did not go into panic mode when I realized I'd be nicotine free for the duration.
Congratulations. It gets better every day you're smoke free.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I used to Vape in the Car.

Then one day I said... Do I really need to take a Hit just take take a 15 Minute drive to the Bank? Or to the Store? So I just would take a Few Hits walking from the Parking Lot to the whatever.

Then One Day I said... Do I really need to take a Hit just to get thru the Parking Lot? So I would just take a Few Hits when I came out. And then Drive Home.

Then One Day I said... Do I even really need to take a Hit when I'm only going to be Gone for 45 Minutes or an Hour? So I just take my Mod with me, but Seldom use it until I get Home.

After awhile, Vaping (to Me) is more Mental than anything else. And I would find Myself Vaping more out of Habit. Then out of Need.

muza123

Feb 14, 2021

Then one day I said... Do I really need to take a Hit just take take a 15 Minute drive to the Bank? Or to the Store? So I just would take a Few Hits walking from the Parking Lot to the whatever.

Then One Day I said... Do I really need to take a Hit just to get thru the Parking Lot? So I would just take a Few Hits when I came out. And then Drive Home.

Then One Day I said... Do I even really need to take a Hit when I'm only going to be Gone for 45 Minutes or an Hour? So I just take my Mod with me, but Seldom use it until I get Home.

After awhile, Vaping (to Me) is more Mental than anything else. And I would find Myself Vaping more out of Habit. Then out of Need.
Exactly that, I could be wrong in what I'm saying just from personal experience, but after a while I think I depend on it more than being addicted to it.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    January 2021 not sure exact date but right around new years day.

Welcome to ECF you two, and congrats :thumbs:

NCC

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 14, 2010
    Fla Panhandle, USA

On the other side of the coin: Sometimes I've taken my APV on a trip across town, and forget it in the car upon returning, and completely forgotten about it, before it occurs to me that I haven't taken a hit in several hours.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread