1312918966841053536giraffe_climbing_tree-hi.png

"OK, now how do I get back down?" :lol:

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2009
Raven's Haven, Indiana
I just said good-bye to the old thread with this shot of waterfalls in Watkins Glen, so I'll put it here for those who may not go back to see it.

Gorgeous, as always!!

You beat me to it, BWhare. I've watched gray foxes climb trees. This isn't one of my pictures though.

Good news! I won a contest. :toast: A $25 gift cert from a DIY vendor that shall remain nameless plus 20ml of ejuice of my choice. Actually there were 4 winners and I won twice, the cert and a bottle of juice. I told the vendor that she could re-draw for the ejuice since I won twice but I guess she didn't want to mess with that so she told me I got both. So I ordered some flavoring and ejuice to try.

I haven't seen any of you in any of these contests. You should give them a try. There is a "Contest" thread so you don't have to hunt for them. :)

Congratulations!!

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2009
Raven's Haven, Indiana
Okay! Here we are in a nice new home. Rather comfy! Just like when we first settled in the Original Voltville Chit Chat Thread, I'm claiming this seat by the window.

We just got over Winter Storm Maximus and now we're being pounded by Winter Storm Niva (?). Can't remember for sure if that's the right name. :unsure: But we're supposed to get up to 12" of snow from this beast, so I'll be sitting in that chair a lot cuz I have no desire to wander. Easier to tend the fire from there. The snow is coming down so fast that I can barely see out the window.

A new dog for Lizzie! That's exciting.

Hope everyone is doing well. :)

SandySu

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2011
Trumansburg, NY
Rave, stay warm and dry with that winter storm. It's supposed to hit us late tonight and tomorrow. I think this will mess up my plans to have a mini-birthday party for the kids I tutor tomorrow. I may not go. And I special-ordered cupcakes to their liking, too! I guess we can do it on Saturday.

Meanwhile, I went to the barn today to put Penny's warmest blanket on and groom her a little. She's shedding, and I came home with hairs all over me, in spite of doing my best to brush them off before I got in the car. There's a new horse there -- another boarder. He shares Penny's pasture. He's young and big and chestnut. His name is Sunny.

I tutored yesterday, but there's not too much to report. We did word searches, mainly, with, of course, a Mad Libs at the end. I'm running out of Mad Libs to get off the Internet. I guess when I run out, then the kids will have to make up their own.

I got those color shapers I ordered from China via eBay. They are the firmer gray ones. Another set of the white ones came up, but they sold for $20, about double what I want to pay. The gray ones work OK. They are smaller/thinner than I pictured. They are pretty good at smudging in small areas or along edges where I don't want to smudge into the background. I think the softer white ones might work better.

The washing machine repairman is supposed to come fix the washer tomorrow. I wonder if he'll be able to in all the snow we're supposed to get.

SandySu

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2011
Trumansburg, NY
For "SandySu" . . .

JUST IN CASE . . .

washboard06thn.jpg9f6833dc-e373-46c8-9482-9d0b9b7405a6Larger.jpg

You'll laugh, but I was wondering if hand-washing might be better than transporting everything to the laundromat. Not really, I suppose, but I'm desperately hoping to avoid a trip to the laundromat. And it's getting close. We're running out of clean clothes. If the washer isn't fixed soon, I'll have to resort to plan B.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
You'll laugh, but I was wondering if hand-washing might be better than transporting everything to the laundromat. Not really, I suppose, but I'm desperately hoping to avoid a trip to the laundromat. And it's getting close. We're running out of clean clothes. If the washer isn't fixed soon, I'll have to resort to plan B.

There is No "Plan B" for "Me" - It's either the Laundromat or no clean clothes . . .

The good thing is - can get all the laundry done (4 Loads) in about 2 or 2 1/2 hours and sometimes Ya' Can even meet some interesting people there too . . .

ani-batman_robin_laundromat.gif

Last edited:

SandySu

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2011
Trumansburg, NY
I have never been to the laundromat in our little town. In fact, there are 2 of them, just a few doors from each other, which is crazy, but they've both been there for years, so I guess they thrive with such close competition. Anyway, my dryer still works, and I've been thinking, if I have to go wash the clothes, should I take them home wet and dry them here, or would it just be easier to use the laundromat's dryers? The wet clothes will be considerably heavier than dry ones, but I'm stingy, and I think of the money I'll be pouring into their dryers when I have one at home that could do the job.

I love the convenience of my own washer & dryer! I went to laundromats for years when I lived in NYC, and one of the things I really wanted after that was my own washer & dryer and my own parking place. Parking in NYC was awful. They had alternate sides of the street parking, and the police were there to give tickets instantly if your car was on the wrong side of the street for that day. I wouldn't go somewhere in my car the evening before, if I had a good side of the street for the next morning, or I'd have to drive round and round before work looking for a spot, which was impossible to find. In fact, sometimes I drove farther out into Brooklyn where parking was easier, then took the subway from there in to work. It was absolutely insane. And carting all the clothes to and from the laundromat was another chore I hated. Since then, there was only one place I lived that didn't have a washer & dryer.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
You guys are cracking me up with the laundry scenarios, esp. you, Uncle.

We got Wilhemena the Catahoula Leopard dog and she is so frightened. I feel bad for her. I let her run loose on the five acres until about 3 pm when I found her in the farthest corner. The good news is she is bribable so I got a leash on her and now she is huddled inside the kennel that is inside the backyard that is inside the five acres. I hope we can keep her here long enough to help her come out of her scardy cat phase of new home life.

I actually like her but she is going to take some careful work to get her to come around. And lots of bribes.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
I have never been to the laundromat in our little town. In fact, there are 2 of them, just a few doors from each other, which is crazy, but they've both been there for years, so I guess they thrive with such close competition. Anyway, my dryer still works, and I've been thinking, if I have to go wash the clothes, should I take them home wet and dry them here, or would it just be easier to use the laundromat's dryers? The wet clothes will be considerably heavier than dry ones, but I'm stingy, and I think of the money I'll be pouring into their dryers when I have one at home that could do the job.

I love the convenience of my own washer & dryer! I went to laundromats for years when I lived in NYC, and one of the things I really wanted after that was my own washer & dryer and my own parking place. Parking in NYC was awful. They had alternate sides of the street parking, and the police were there to give tickets instantly if your car was on the wrong side of the street for that day. I wouldn't go somewhere in my car the evening before, if I had a good side of the street for the next morning, or I'd have to drive round and round before work looking for a spot, which was impossible to find. In fact, sometimes I drove farther out into Brooklyn where parking was easier, then took the subway from there in to work. It was absolutely insane. And carting all the clothes to and from the laundromat was another chore I hated. Since then, there was only one place I lived that didn't have a washer & dryer.

If it were me, I'd bring them home to dry. I'm sure you pay more at the laundromat.

marlou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2009
SW Ohio
Okay! Here we are in a nice new home. Rather comfy! Just like when we first settled in the Original Voltville Chit Chat Thread, I'm claiming this seat by the window.

We just got over Winter Storm Maximus and now we're being pounded by Winter Storm Niva (?). Can't remember for sure if that's the right name. :unsure: But we're supposed to get up to 12" of snow from this beast, so I'll be sitting in that chair a lot cuz I have no desire to wander. Easier to tend the fire from there. The snow is coming down so fast that I can barely see out the window.

I thought of you, Rave and wondered how bad the storm was at your place. It's just gotten to us. I hope you're not getting the ice we're supposed to get. We've been warned of power outages if the ice builds up enough on the wires and tree limbs. Okay, so we're to get snow, then ice, then more snow. A snow sandwich? :blink:

Might be some good news... the weatherman just said some dry air has moved into the weather system. If it stays it could lessen the storm for us. Might help you guys east of here too. I'm not counting on it though...got candles ready. lol

About now I'd like to shoot that damn groundhog! Just kidding. Sort of. :)

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
You guys are cracking me up with the laundry scenarios, esp. you, Uncle.

We got Wilhemena the Catahoula Leopard dog and she is so frightened. I feel bad for her. I let her run loose on the five acres until about 3 pm when I found her in the farthest corner. The good news is she is bribable so I got a leash on her and now she is huddled inside the kennel that is inside the backyard that is inside the five acres. I hope we can keep her here long enough to help her come out of her scardy cat phase of new home life.

I actually like her but she is going to take some careful work to get her to come around. And lots of bribes.

I got a rescue dog that was frightened like that. I didn't let her out side off leash for awhile because I was afraid she'd run away. I think that was why she was at the pound. She would hide all day under a chair by the front door. She never made a sound, never barked until one day somebody knocked on the door while she was under the chair and it scared her and she barked. I saw her and she had the funniest surprised look on her face like "did I make that sound?". :laugh: I don't think she knew she could bark. (She was just a puppy then) I loved her up and praised her and she got over her shyness after that. She was such a sweety. :)

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011

Since I'm not a regular here I'll pick out a chair to go
traditional-furniture.jpg
:lol:

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
What do you mean, you're not a regular here? To me, you are! I hope you'll decide to make this your home.

:blush: Ah...that's nice to hear. Thank you. :) I wasn't looking for a home when I followed Rave here but it seems I spend more time here than anywhere else and I'm getting to know you guys better everyday so I'll be sticking around until I feel unwanted. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread