AND

3344.gif

bunny_easter_basket_trans.gif

SandySu

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2011
Trumansburg, NY
Here is an Easter greeting the little girl I tutor sent me. I think she may have designed it herself on her iPad. She's really into art. I'll be tutoring this morning and have Easter baskets for the kids. The little girl is especially anticipating this and has mentioned it several times.

Happy holidays, everyone, whatever your flavor of spring holiday may be!

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
Believe or not, I think most appreciate the things that are represented by both Easter and Passover.

The rockets are cool and I wonder what the significance and origin of it is. Standing there with a tube full of black powder as it pulse burns just seems a little too risky for my taste though.

SandySu

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2011
Trumansburg, NY
I tutored this morning, and the kids were quite excited to get their Easter baskets. I included a small toy in each rather than just lots of candy. Then we read about Easter & Passover. In the Easter thing I had printed out, it told how Easter was celebrated in other countries, and there was a picture of Russian Easter eggs. I made some one year. A Ukranian friend showed me how. Here's a picture of them, with the one I made in the center. It's the one that's red with yellow & white decorations.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
Gotta love the egg bot:)

Good morning, Voltpeeps.

Thanks for the Easter Basket, Q.

Hi, Reptilr. How are the critters?

It was incredibly windy yesterday so I did lots of weeding with my giant Arab headscarf on. I think I have the cheat grass and the needle and thread grass whipped. Now for the onslaught of tumbleweeds. At least I have a few months before those go to seed!

Hubby claims we will work on the armoire today and the chicken wire around the garden. I need to figure out how many and what kind of pipe thread/hose thread doodads I need to buy. I want to measure for our shade cover. Hubby has to help with that since I am hopeless with a tape measure.

Esoterica3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2011
Sedona, AZ
www.leslivresthebooks.com
Easter doesn't really follow a Liturgical calendar, never really has, as it's not really the "day" that "he has risen".

Passover is probably a bit closer in actual dates (first full moon following the vernal equinox), and the vernal (Spring) equinox is "the closest" as that IS the original holiday for the "Sun has Risen" festivals (that had nothing to do with Jesus).

"Christian" "Catholic" Easter is based /planned on /around the Vernal (Spring) equinox and Passover, but tries not to have it on the same exact day. So it changes every year. ...But always tries to have it on a Sunday.

According to the Bible, Jesus’ death and resurrection occurred "around the time" of the Jewish Passover, which was celebrated on the first full moon following the vernal equinox.

This soon led to Christians celebrating Easter on different dates. At the end of the 2nd century, some churches celebrated Easter on the day of the Passover, while others celebrated it on the following Sunday.

This link leads to explanations of some of the more fun stuff:
The pagan roots of Easter | Heather McDougall | Comment is free | The Guardian

This link has some fun Scientific experiments about the equinoxes:
Witchvox Article

"Try this sometime with your children or a young niece, nephew or cousin: on the day of the Vernal or Autumnal Equinox, just a few moments before the exact moment of the equinox, go outside with a raw egg. Find a reasonably level place on the sidewalk or driveway. For a few moments just before and just after the equinox, you can balance the egg upright (wider end down) by simply setting it down on the ground. No kidding! It will stand up all by itself. Kids love this, and most adults are amazed and delighted, too."

At any rate, It IS a holiday and I hope you all had a truly great one :)

T

And for those looking for more....

This guy has alot to say...and makes a great argument!

Christ?s Resurrection Was Not on Sunday

Theirs is next Sunday. Their liturgical calendar is different from ours. Visit Greece and you can celebrate Easter twice!!

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
It is always nice to see people do some research to figure out what they believe, esoterica.

Of course, there is room for a lot of different beliefs on the chit chat thread since we tend to be non-controversial and pretty accepting of one another:)

Well, another successful spring day coming to an end.

How is Penny the Horse doing, SandySu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread