Status
Not open for further replies.

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
Anyone know if, on "the latest version" (with fixed 510 and sleep mode,) there is any battery charge protection?!

I got a plain white-paper note in mine that reads "***Please note when charging this mod, the LED screen will not notify you that it is charging. If you would like to know whether it is charging or not, simple unscrew the back of the mod and you will see a red light glowing which means it is being charged. You will then notice that the battery indicator on your LED screen (when power on) fill sup after being fully charged."

So I'm NOT going to unscrew every time, that is freakin' dumb - if I was going to do that I would use my fancy charger, the point of the usb connection should be convenience. And I can see the faint red light through the small crack in the USB port...so its not really at issue. BUT that light never goes out, nor seems to change, ever.

SO...is it charging indefinitely? If I were to be reassured, by someone who knows (not assumes or guesses) then i'd feel better about leaving it overnight, which is by far the most convenient way for me to charge it.

Thanks in advance,
Bacon

P.S. I asked the supplier, they said they don't know for sure, and if I am concerned about it I should use my Nitecore charger. Well yea...but then a really nice feature of this thing just went up in smoke (pun.)
I left mine for around 24 hours (actually forgot it). Nothing exciting happened (like a BOOM). The red light stayed there all the time as well. Checked the battery was fully charge (actually it was 4.13 not sure if that how this battery charges full).

BUT don't take my word for it. I'm not assuming nor guessing just telling you what happened. By the way when I bought it I did not get that paper I got the paper for polarity only.

So YMMV, do it at your own risk :).

Afcarmona

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2014
Las Vegas NV USA
2 months now with my cana. Only quirk I ever see is the occasional screen turn on by itself. Turns back off after 2 minutes.
I received mine around the same time as you (07/17ish...) - no issues w/it - it's still going strong- I use it on a daily basis - alternating with my rDna...
I really have no regrets on this purchase...

Vape safe...

HDMontana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
Montana
I received mine around the same time as you (07/17ish...) - no issues w/it - it's still going strong- I use it on a daily basis - alternating with my rDna...
I really have no regrets on this purchase...

Vape safe...
Yeah, this was my first box mod, and I use it exclusively at home. Vamo V5 and Sigelei Legend have not been used since getting it. I use ego and vision spinners at work. I do have an IPV3 on pre-order.

Just got my cloupor from elev8 and I'm pretty happy with it. BUT, there is a slight gap with my kayfun lite + v2. When I first put it on the threads were very stiff. I had to do it a couple times for it to settle all the way down. It's making the connection but there is still a small gap. Anyone know how to clean the inside threads of the 510 on the cloupor? I'm thinking there is still some machine reminants in there preventing it from going all the way flush.

WilsonR

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2014
Arlington, VA
I gave up on mine. It was working fine until one day I realized a whole tank of juice disappeared. I thought it was the kayfun just not being saturated enough. Then a 2nd time, i let it sit and within 5hrs of me being out, another tank of juice disappeared. Both times I searched for leaks and I found none. There was no juice anywhere. Then I read about misfires. This would explain why my wife said the room smelled like the juice when I wasn't home. So I took off the tank and left the battery in, fully charged. And sure enough, every so often it would turn on by itself and then it wouldn't turn off until I clicked it. Little by little it was draining the battery.

The place I won it from said he has a 2 week return period and I was beyond that and said to deal with Cloupor themselves. I honestly don't have the time for returning things and what not. I'm not stressing it because I didn't pay for it.

The Rebel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2010
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Just got my cloupor from elev8 and I'm pretty happy with it. BUT, there is a slight gap with my kayfun lite + v2. When I first put it on the threads were very stiff. I had to do it a couple times for it to settle all the way down. It's making the connection but there is still a small gap. Anyone know how to clean the inside threads of the 510 on the cloupor? I'm thinking there is still some machine reminants in there preventing it from going all the way flush.

You could use a small wire brush or cut a small piece of Scotchbrite and use a small screwdriver to run it around the inside. Compressed air, like they use to clean keyboards, to blow it out lightly.

I'm now pretty confident the cloupor center pin is too high. Anyway to get that lower?

SaraBee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2011
Maine
Is a Panasonic CGR18650CH safe to use in this mod or should I pick up a different battery? I tried searching, but it's very confusing :/

PS: Here's a pic of my pretty little thing since I loved browsing the pics in this thread before I got one :D
WP_20140923_001.jpg

Last edited:

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
Is a Panasonic CGR18650CH safe to use in this mod or should I pick up a different battery? I tried searching, but it's very confusing :/

PS: Here's a pic of my pretty little thing since I loved browsing the pics in this thread before I got one :D
View attachment 376176

CGR18650CH is a 10 amp battery. assuming a 90% efficiency and all the way to 3.2V 10 amps would be hitting 28.8 watts. To be safe I would advise you not to go more than 25 watts with this battery (IMO no more than 20W). THEORETICALLY you would be safe up to 28 watts but who know with this chip what might happen. Better safe than sorry.

SaraBee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2011
Maine
CGR18650CH is a 10 amp battery. assuming a 90% efficiency and all the way to 3.2V 10 amps would be hitting 28.8 watts. To be safe I would advise you not to go more than 25 watts with this battery (IMO no more than 20W). THEORETICALLY you would be safe up to 28 watts but who know with this chip what might happen. Better safe than sorry.

Thanks a ton! I haven't had occasion to go over 15 watts yet, so I'll keep using it until I can find one of those fancy Sony VT whatevers in stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread