Status
Not open for further replies.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
Just got mine today! Put my .5 CLT on it and it wont fire!. supposed to go down to lower then that right? suppose ill have to make some different coils. Wish i had known i just made this build last night
Is it a Cloupor or a Hotcig clone? The Hotcig declares a "short" at about 0.5Ω where as the Cloulpor will fire much lower

scottkh

Sep 12, 2014
Birmingham Al
Is it a Cloupor or a Hotcig clone? The Hotcig declares a "short" at about 0.5Ω where as the Cloulpor will fire much lower

its a Cloupor, it just blinks at .5, the instructions i got with it state it will fire to .3

Quick edit, upon further investigation (reading of instructions). That puts it at the bottom end of the voltage, it actually cannot go low enough voltage wise. It will still fire but acts way under powered. Just took one coil off my other Atty and running at 1.6 and its great!

Last edited:

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Just got mine today! Put my .5 CLT on it and it wont fire!. supposed to go down to lower then that right? suppose ill have to make some different coils. Wish i had known i just made this build last night

They are not very consistent and some behave while others do not . No sense in going that low on these anyway , these devices shine on higher ohm builds not lower.

Newportlocal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2013
Orange County,Calif.
Mine is still running, 140 days later. this was the catalyst to help me finally stop analogs :)

I hear you. I have my brand new "authentic" mod going back for repairs. The cloupor that was much cheaper is vaping great. Thank goodness for backups. I am using mine right now.

kbriggs

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2014
Houston, Texas
www.briggsoft.com
I got my Cana Mod from Elev8 Vape about 3.5 weeks ago. I haven't read all 107 pages of this thread but I see where others have reported the same two issue I have: the display turns on at random times during the day (and then goes off 2 minutes later). And the power will occasionally tick down 0.1 watts on its own at random times. Have these items been fixed since then? I don't suppose there is any kind of warranty on these, is there?

Those are really minor issues. The thing I really dislike is the fire button. I realize they just cloned the Hana Modz but that little BB-sized button digs into the tip of my finger and gets really uncomfortable after awhile. I'm constantly rotating between my thumb and middle / index fingers. I'm tempted to try and replace it myself with a flatter one. Anyone else attempt this?

Sambuca

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Albuquerque
I got my Cana Mod from Elev8 Vape about 3.5 weeks ago. I haven't read all 107 pages of this thread but I see where others have reported the same two issue I have: the display turns on at random times during the day (and then goes off 2 minutes later). And the power will occasionally tick down 0.1 watts on its own at random times. Have these items been fixed since then? I don't suppose there is any kind of warranty on these, is there?

Those are really minor issues. The thing I really dislike is the fire button. I realize they just cloned the Hana Modz but that little BB-sized button digs into the tip of my finger and gets really uncomfortable after awhile. I'm constantly rotating between my thumb and middle / index fingers. I'm tempted to try and replace it myself with a flatter one. Anyone else attempt this?

re: the button. turn the battery around. pull in with your index finger. first thing i do with a cloupor, is change it to left hand mode. when i flip the battery around, the screen reads so i can read it.

contact cloupor. they have been replacing mods, lately.

kbriggs

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2014
Houston, Texas
www.briggsoft.com
re: the button. turn the battery around. pull in with your index finger. first thing i do with a cloupor, is change it to left hand mode. when i flip the battery around, the screen reads so i can read it.

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean. I can read the screen and the battery only goes in one way. What does that have to do with the fire button being uncomfortable?

Sambuca

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Albuquerque
Sorry, I don't understand what you mean. I can read the screen and the battery only goes in one way. What does that have to do with the fire button being uncomfortable?

instead of "squeezing" the button, just hold it down. if the button is facing away from you, you use less pressure. like a trigger finger.

kbriggs

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2014
Houston, Texas
www.briggsoft.com
instead of "squeezing" the button, just hold it down. if the button is facing away from you, you use less pressure. like a trigger finger.

I'm already using it like a trigger finger with the button side of the mod facing away. It hurts because the button is just a small, 1/8" round "bb" that digs into my finger. It leaves an indention. I want a button with a flat (or flatter) surface.

HDMontana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
Montana
Get a small piece of neoprene rubber. Cut it into a circle that will fit into the indentation of the fire button. Secure with double sided tape. Should help relieve button pressure. I have not done this but have thought about it. I think it would work. Don't use any adhesive such as super glue or it might get down into button and cause more issues.

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
I'm already using it like a trigger finger with the button side of the mod facing away. It hurts because the button is just a small, 1/8" round "bb" that digs into my finger. It leaves an indention. I want a button with a flat (or flatter) surface.

If it leaves and indentation, you're pushing it too hard.

Newportlocal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2013
Orange County,Calif.
Nope, only pushing it hard enough to activate. Just did it now for 5 seconds. The bb-sized indention in my finger is visible for over a full minute afterwards.

Same here. Never noticed it until the other day. Not overly bothersome, but I have the same thing happening.
Got mine a couple months ago the latest version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread